Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Plane cancelled..

Hopefully everything goes smoothly from now on.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Why was the plane cancelled? Is it raining?

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I hope we win 56-12, with Lee getting a hat trick. Come back to Brisbane, Edrick.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Thaiday & Hodges both confirmed out.

I'm guessing we'll just move Blair back to starting Prop and bring Ofahengaue on to the bench.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Hodges and Thaiday both out. The changes Bennett makes are gonna be interesting, Kahu to Centre and Oates to second row, probably

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
What's wrong with Thaiday?

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Fitness will be a problem, short turnaround and origin stars backing up. It will be tough keeping up with a fresh Raiders side. But this team loves exceeding expectations so anything is possible.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
What's wrong with Thaiday?

He's a fatty, plus he put in a big effort on Wednesday, I'm fine with Bennett resting him & Hodges.

It gives them plenty of rest for our big game next Friday against the Eagles, plus it gives another opportunity for Kahu to show what he's got in the Centres, and it may also be the last chance for Adam Blair to prove he deserves to be starting.

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
According to foxsports, Kahu to centre with Vidot to wing and Blair into the starting side as expected.

Pretty surprised Oates isn't shifting to the wing but who knows.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Definitely the game for it, Raiders defense out wide has been atrocious, quick kick or pass out to the winger there's generally space.

Now that would be a novel tactic for the Broncos. It's so effective when done well and it's now on Hunt, Milford and Macca to add the necessary, consistent variety, the options, to our attacking kicking game.

I agree with Raiders defence out wide has been suspect and I'm sure Bennett knows it and will exploit it. Hopefully, Blair's passing game will add to getting the ball moving as he did last game.

My real worry about this game are the Raiders' halves which I think are quality, and Wighton whose can be very dangerous with his running game, which equates to us controlling the middle and cutting down their space and time.

As for Papalli. well, he just needs to be stopped doesn't he.

Separate to the effects of Origin, I always felt this would be a very tough match especially in Canberra. A win here will be a very very good result.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Sticky is a bitter old bastard. He'll want to pretend that he's moved on from Milford and doesn't need him, and in doing so needs to shut him down and give Austin a licence.

My tactic would be to use Milford as a decoy. Much harder to do than with say a back-rower, but waiting for defence to commit to him and then passing it past him to Glenn or even Reed will be the go for the first 50 minutes. After that, hopefully the Raiders go cold on Milf, put more defence outside, and then Milf can get the ball and destroy. You'd also think that Anthony would have a fair idea on the mobility of each of his old team-mates, so hopefully he can help isolate those who he knows are a bit suspect under fatigue, and get himself near them.

Conversely, make Austin thinks he has room, then shut him down when he's committed to running. He's taking advantage of faster ruck speeds, but is easy to force errors out of, and loves to go himself, so if he thinks he can come up with a play on his own, let him try and then hammer him and the ball.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Live game day thread is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Ronald
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.