vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also on the Copley>Reed wagon, but Copley is an even bigger ballhog.

2nd vs. 15th in our first home game in four rounds.

I reckon we'll pump them

I think so too. Few things sweeter than beating Manly. Dusting them at home last year was probably my favourite live game day memory. We're a better side this year, and they're in dire straits. Hopefully we can one up last year's performance.

If only we could put the hurt on the Storm too when we play them. We've been their whipping boy far too long.

Daly Cherry-Evans and Feleti Mateo expected to return for this clash.

This is going to be as tough a challenge as Penrith.

I don't see this being an issue for us, brisbane 13+

Would like to see the same side as last week.

Never going to underestimate even a struggling manly side, can't afford a repeat of the error rate against the raiders.

I can't believe most people aren't worried about this game. Manly pushed the Cowboys hard, and they looked fantastic in the middle in the second half. It was just one massive play that got the Cows out of trouble.

And before anyone says "the Cowboys had heaps of players backing up from Origin", Scott & Tamou had massive games, played 60 and 48 minutes respectively, missed only 1 & 2 tackles, and only Tamou had an error.

Manly are going to be close to full-strength, probably the strongest they can be if you write off those with their season gone (Buhrer etc), I'm going to be genuinely surprised if the Broncos do this "easy".

I can't believe most people aren't worried about this game. Manly pushed the Cowboys hard, and they looked fantastic in the middle in the second half. It was just one massive play that got the Cows out of trouble.

And before anyone says "the Cowboys had heaps of players backing up from Origin", Scott & Tamou had massive games, played 60 and 48 minutes respectively, missed only 1 & 2 tackles, and only Tamou had an error.

Manly are going to be close to full-strength, probably the strongest they can be if you write off those with their season gone (Buhrer etc), I'm going to be genuinely surprised if the Broncos do this "easy".

The reason why I'm not worried is the same reason why I don't bet on games. I'm always confident that the Broncos will win by 13+ even when I shouldn't be.

I'm worried about this game.
Manly did play well against the Cowboys and deserved to win, so getting DCE and Mateo back makes them a real threat.

What Morkel said!

Manly is starting to find their defensive starch, and they have too much quality across the park to stay where they are in the ladder. Underestimate them at your own peril... this will be a tough game!

15 Willie Mason
9 Matt Ballin
10 Luke Burgess
11 Blake Leary
12 Justin Horo
13 Dunamis Lui

Interchange
6 Tom Symonds
8 Jake Trbojevic
16 James Hasson
17 Ligi Sao

Look at that scrub tier forward pack. Mason needs a zimmerframe to get around, Luke 'the shittest of them all' Burgess is no concern, and they have the worst back row in the NRL. I rate Symonds but the rest of those benchies are deadset battlers.

Canberra have a better forward pack and we more than matched it away from home, I don't see us losing at home with our origin stars back.

Yet the Cowboys pack wasn't able to roll right through them.

If they can hold up their own end of the bargain, the likes of Foran, DCE, Stewart, Lyon can make us pay.

Worst attack in the NRL indicates while they might be ok defensively (8th), they aren't providing the go forward to give their ball players a platform.

Anyway, I don't see this game being a problem and you do, good stuff, see who's closest to the mark after the game? :)

They've also had one of the worst injury tolls this season and will have their entire spine formation and backline on show.

It shapes as a real danger game and I think it'll go down to the wire unless the Broncos step it up another gear.

manly had won two in a row (storm and newcastle) then lost the last two narrowly (panthers & cows), both games they really should have won.

this week will also be the first time this season they'll have a full strength backline (presuming DCE returns) on the park, unless there are injuries out of the weekend that i'm not aware of.

you'd be an idiot to just look at the ladder and assume its going to be an easy game for the broncos.

we'll have to be good and should beat them in the middle of the park but they have the firepower in the backs to put us to the test. im sensing a close game that could go either way by a couple of points.

Last edited:
Look , as well as were going at this stage of the season, i sense this match up as a real danger game. With super scrumbase duo DCE an Foran now confirmed definite starters, either one of them has the ability to tear us a new arsehole. Particular DCE, as i beleive his will be pumped up for a big game to show Manly what they will be missing when his a titan next year. They also have speed to burn in their backline with lyon, stewart an matai posing a threat against our own speeders in boyd, Lachie an Reed.

Final predictions at this early stage of proceedings - the Eagles to win in a tight one, 18 - 12 with Foran a deserved MOTM.

Manly are always a tough whiteout regardless of our positions on the ladder.

It'll be a good test for our younger guns.

What Morkel said!

Manly is starting to find their defensive starch, and they have too much quality across the park to stay where they are in the ladder. Underestimate them at your own peril... this will be a tough game!

Luckily for us, it isn't our responsibility to underestimate them, and I know that Bennett won't. That's why I'm confident.

A lot of people are saying this is a chance for Manly to kick start their season. Fine, that's a fair statement. On the other hand, this is a chance for us to really pile on the points on a side that on paper should be comfortably in the 8. I think we've flown under the radar long enough. If Bennett thinks the team is capable of thumping them, he'll tell them to go out there and thump them.

If they don't then whatever, a narrow win is fine with me regardless.

No matter who wins, I hope it's a thumping either way..

I've been to two games this year that have tested my heart health.. I can't take another one of those!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.