10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Watching Manly play the Cows right now, they're holding their own but can see the Cows rolling them in the second half.

Should be no problem for us with a full compliment back

Last edited by a moderator:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Round 13 - Manly Sea Eagles - Pre-match discussion

Any word on Maranta?

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Whatever routine anyone's had for the last two weeks, don't change anything!

Ideally we'd like to win at least four out of the six games during this Origin period, and this one will be tough considering Manly's record at Suncorp.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Injury Report -

Copley (Hamstring) - Due Back: Round 15 vs Storm
Dodds (Knee) - Due Back: Round 15 vs Storm
Nikorima (Medial) - Due Back: Round 16 vs Knights

Will be nice to be nearly fully healthy in a few weeks time, let's hope Maranta's injury is only minor as well.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
1. Boyd
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Hodges (c)
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Parcell
15. Gillett
16. Oates
17. Wallace

Gillett's best game this year was in Round 1 off the bench, he's been extremely average since then, predominantly in attack. I think moving him back to the bench will help him have some more impact.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I think Bennett has put emphasis on his defense this season. He has improved tenfold in that aspect and became a workhorse, but his attacking spark needs some attention now, although he has been very unlucky with the bounce of the ball this season, like against the Raiders, even if he should have done better with that offload from Vidot.

Now that Milford is getting into a groove, I hope he will start to put him into holes, as that is one of Hunt's weaknesses, and we have been making very little use of our backrowers in attack.

He still has glimpses, and that line break with the pass to Macca was the Matty of old, but his usefulness in the team cannot be underestimated. He is always one of the first kick chasers, harasses the opposition halves regularly, and has been a huge factor in our right side defense. There is absolutely no reason to take him out of the starting team, and I'm convinced WB won't do it.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I hope Copley returns from injury to take Reeds place.

With the form Milford has been in, I think Copley could do so much more with the quality ball that Reed has been receiving

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I hope we sack them around like a red headed stepchild.

I fucking HATE Manly.

2nd vs. 15th in our first home game in four rounds.

I reckon we'll pump them

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

With the form Milford has been in, I think Copley could do so much more with the quality ball that Reed has been receiving
Do you actually think Reed hasn't been a standout lately or had you not noticed.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014

Reed has been very good for a long time now. What are we basing this on. Copley's form from last year no doubt. This year he has barely played, he is as injury prone has hodge and his form this year has been ok at best to be honest i would not have him in this side, he has as many silly errors in his game as vidot but for some reason we turn a blind eye to this

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
We are starting to see the Reed of old and as long as that happens, I'm not against him staying in the side. Let Copley stay in Qld Cup to get his fitness back and prove himself at centre by knocking the door down.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Reed has been very good for a long time now. What are we basing this on. Copley's form from last year no doubt. This year he has barely played, he is as injury prone has hodge and his form this year has been ok at best to be honest i would not have him in this side, he has as many silly errors in his game as vidot but for some reason we turn a blind eye to this

I don't consider one and a half games a long time.

Overall, over the last year and a half Copley has been a far better player.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I don't consider one and a half games a long time.

Overall, over the last year and a half Copley has been a far better player.

Whichever way you slice it, so far this year reed has been better than Copley.

I am of the belief and hope that Copley will improve and push his way back in, but to suggest that copley has been better than reed this year is rubbish and just hating on reed

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I think both Copley and Reed have been good in patches with neither out shining the other. At least we are debating various players and not the results....****, if we had put our present position ( and respect now earned ) up as a goal at seasons beginning there would hardly have been a single poster saying that was likely ! In fact not a single poster would have said equal leaders at the mid way point. I'm fucking happy with our progress thus far and the knowledge that we are nowhere near our best and still belting along out in front is even better still.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I think Reed is finally showing his skillset when given good quality early ball. I've been surprised by his speed over the first 10m. I think he's going to be in for some big try scoring numbers the more comfortable Milford gets.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Whichever way you slice it, so far this year reed has been better than Copley.

I am of the belief and hope that Copley will improve and push his way back in, but to suggest that copley has been better than reed this year is rubbish and just hating on reed

FTR, I'm not hating on Reed.

Neither him or Copley have been a standout this year. but last season (and parts of this season), we saw exactly what Copley can do, and that is without a 5/8 giving him quality ball. Now Milford is starting to find is feet in the position and Reed is getting plenty of quality ball and heaps of space. I just think that it would be better if it was Copley getting that space.

obviously not an issue while he is injured.

oh and since this is the pre-game thread .... I just want to add, **** MANLY, lets kick their ass

Mosyzlak

Mosyzlak

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2013
FTR, I'm not hating on Reed.

Neither him or Copley have been a standout this year. but last season (and parts of this season), we saw exactly what Copley can do, and that is without a 5/8 giving him quality ball. Now Milford is starting to find is feet in the position and Reed is getting plenty of quality ball and heaps of space. I just think that it would be better if it was Copley getting that space.

obviously not an issue while he is injured.

oh and since this is the pre-game thread .... I just want to add, **** MANLY, lets kick their ass
Might need to adjust agenda 2 then mate, that has a very large Copley >>> Reed tone to it.

For me they're both currently on roughly level pegging and fighting for a single position but with the last couple weeks you'd be hard pressed to argue Jack doesn't deserve another start. Add Copley's injury in and it's ABC 123 for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Ronald
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.