Round 16 Discussion

Yep, refs put their whistles away and the Sharks took advantage. Warriors could rightly feel dudded there, but what do you do. Everyone knows the refs won't blow penalties in extra time. It's a terrible look for the game though IMO.

any one else not really understand why sharks are on top of table? not saying they dont deserve it but i dont know. they still just dont seem like a team who should be holding up the trophy at end of season be very odd if they do. i just dont get how they keep winning. credit to em though i suppose

Check out the draw they have. To their credit they have beaten some good sides but only just. They get to play some average and shite sides twice. Manly, Chooks, Dragons, Knights and Titans. Of the top sides they have played them all (bar the cows, 1 home 1 away ) at home.

I'm not convinced they are the real deal by any means because they haven't played a run of good teams yet. The semis will be a different ball game. They will be carrying the weight of expectation and have to produce their best 3-4 games in a row.

This is not a knock on the Sharkies either, you can only play who and where the draw says but I'm not a believer.

Last edited:
Should've been a professional fault, 10 in the bin... with the ball rolling that way, there is no way you could guarantee Bukuya would score.

I agree P but i really liked the decision and I hope that becomes the norm. If an attacking player is definitely going to get to the ball first then he should be given the reasonable doubt that he would ground the ball. A defender should not be afforded the right to deliberately break the rules in that situation.

While 11 in-a-row is impressive, it can also set you up for failure. We all saw what happened to the Roosters last year, they got beaten at the wrong end of the season and couldn't regroup. A lot of these Sharks wins could have easily been losses and it's just been a few trick plays going their way at crucial moments that have proved the difference.

They've got a couple of boneheads in their side as well. Fifita, Tagataese, Ennis, Townsend, Leutele, Feki, Barba, Prior, Paulo, Graham etc. all have mistakes in their game and holes that can be exploited in the bigger games.

They're riding a wave of momentum and for their long suffering fans, I'm happy for them. However, nobody in the Top 4 convinces me at the moment. I still think there's room for an outsider to come along, jag 4th spot and steal it from there.

While 11 in-a-row is impressive, it can also set you up for failure. We all saw what happened to the Roosters last year, they got beaten at the wrong end of the season and couldn't regroup. A lot of these Sharks wins could have easily been losses and it's just been a few trick plays going their way at crucial moments that have proved the difference.

They've got a couple of boneheads in their side as well. Fifita, Tagataese, Ennis, Townsend, Leutele, Feki, Barba, Prior, Paulo, Graham etc. all have mistakes in their game and holes that can be exploited in the bigger games.

They're riding a wave of momentum and for their long suffering fans, I'm happy for them. However, nobody in the Top 4 convinces me at the moment. I still think there's room for an outsider to come along, jag 4th spot and steal it from there.

I think you're right Pete but when you look over the chasing pack I can't see anyone the top 4 would be worried about.

Ash Taylor is rugby league of today's version of Brad Hodge

Big overseas, overlooked at home?

Better at 9s than NRL?

Really good against ordinary teams but gets shown up against better teams. Hodge was awesome for Victoria but struggled at international level, take that 200 of him and his test average is 33 and his ODI record is 30. His ODI was ordinary, his century was against Holland. Ash Taylor was good against bottom 4 teams but is getting shown up here.

At the Storm game, it's freezing. Anywho, Moses has so far made three very good defensive reads. Smith is playing a hybrid-hooker-half role, I like it.

At the Storm game, it's freezing. Anywho, Moses has so far made three very good defensive reads. Smith is playing a hybrid-hooker-half role, I like it.

Is it actually 4 degrees there

Ok, this Storm team is GOOD. They never do one out runs, they play quick and strong, they are killing the Tigers with offloads.

Storm putting on a clinic here. Very ominious for us for next weekend.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Gaz
  • broncoscope
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Old Mate
  • Rookie Alan
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncorob
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.