Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
He always finds a way to be injured.

If it wasn't for bird, he'd easily be our most over paid player. 400k to play 1 game and he has the nerve to bag the club. **** Kahu, hope the dickhead is out the door end of the year.
Where did he bag the club?

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
It's extra frustrating when the Broncos have to now pay three times the amount to get guys they could have got when they played ISC for 100k but they didn't even look at them.

See, shouldn't issues such as the one you have highlighted be on Nolan's head? How is it Melbourne are able to have the foresight to catch these young blokes in ISC, yet our team of 'crack recruiting' staff can't. I think our recruitment team have just become lazy and complacent. We've been falling behind teams like the Storm and Roosters for years now when it comes to smart recruiting and retention.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yes, at the start of the game Patty tells them to take their normal positions, so they all congregate behind the goal posts with their heads down.

Better that position than the one suggested above ... no, wait, maybe a wink IS better than a nod.

Let's show them what we really think of them

Last edited:

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
See, shouldn't issues such as the one you have highlighted be on Nolan's head? How is it Melbourne are able to have the foresight to catch these young blokes in ISC, yet our team of 'crack recruiting' staff can't. I think our recruitment team have just become lazy and complacent. We've been falling behind teams like the Storm and Roosters for years now when it comes to smart recruiting and retention.

Definitely not lazy they work hard. Broncos tend to focus on younger players and I think be seduced by the big glamour kid- Fifita.

Storm seem to focus more on the uncovered gem or ISC player that they track and make sure they want. Hughes was a fullback at Townsville and on his third NRL club, Grant was playing in Rocky, Hynes was at his second ISC club. Olam, Lumelume, Seve, Jacks all had been to multiple clubs are early 20's and now have found a home.

Guess it's a different philosophy.

Last edited:
Purple Pills

Purple Pills

NRL Player
Jul 13, 2017
Where did he bag the club?

In a podcast (might have been an interview) where he had the entitled nerve to bag the club for making the decision to rightfully let him go when he did the year up in NQ, then walking back into said club injured (shock horror) and practically being paid a full wage to rehab.

You would have thought with his mild demeanour and the fact the club kept him on the books in his earlier years through multiple ACL injuries, he would have been more grateful and understood the decision.

He had every right to feel disappointed but the way he addressed it came across as entitled and sour grapes and was acting like it was undeserving.

Last edited:
Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
In a podcast where he had the entitled nerve to bag the club for making the decision to rightfully let him go when he did the year up in NQ, then walking back into said club injured (shock horror) and practically being paid a full wage to rehab.

You would have thought with his mild demeanour and the fact the club kept him on the books in his earlier years through multiple ACL injuries, he would have been more grateful and understood the decision.

He had every right to feel disappointed but the way he addressed it came across as entitled and sour grapes and was acting like it was undeserving.
What I'd like to know is how did he manage to get through recording a podcast without blowing a knee cap out?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
What I'd like to know is how did he manage to get through recording a podcast without blowing a knee cap out?

He may not have. He was still out injured for a long time after he recorded it.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Definitely not lazy they work hard. Broncos tend to focus on younger players and I think be seduced by the big glamour kid- Fifita.

Storm seem to focus more on the uncovered gem or ISC player that they track and make sure they want. Hughes was a fullback at Townsville and on his third NRL club, Grant was playing in Rocky, Hynes was at his second ISC club. Olam, Lumelume, Seve, Jacks all had been to multiple clubs are early 20's and now have found a home.

Guess it's a different philosophy.

We should have both philosophies, a bit of vision. I can only imagine what this side would be like with Harry Grant. Instead we have Issac Luke

Last edited:

Active Now

• Midean
  • BooKhaki
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncorob
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.