Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
We should have both philosophies, a bit of vision. I can only imagine what this side would be like with Harry Grant. Instead we have Issac Luke
With a football department budget that absolutely blows Melbourne's away, you'd like think we could afford to embrace both.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
With a football department budget that absolutely blows Melbourne's away, you'd like think we could afford to embrace both.

True, but I still can't see a reason for a coaching director given a head coach is just that

My ideal fantasy is Smith as captain-coach for 1 year, then Bellamy from 2022

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

you realise that there is a salary cap for the football department right? ours is the same as Melbourne's

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Why would finances impact? I just don't think the Broncos value the ISC and the players they could get from there. Melbourne seem to love that type of player.

Reed and Gillett would probably be the last time we found a player there.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
We should have both philosophies, a bit of vision. I can only imagine what this side would be like with Harry Grant. Instead we have Issac Luke

I believe you do, to be successful you need value out of those cheap buys, if you get 20 games out of a 100k ISC buy that's outstanding value.

Herbie is probably a 'Storm' purchase, playing for Bears on the coast and hardly played any league but the Broncos haven't done it too much.

If you are a carnival Storm seem to come away with Glasby and Broncos come away with Fifita.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I believe you do, to be successful you need value out of those cheap buys, if you get 20 games out of a 100k ISC buy that's outstanding value.

Herbie is probably a 'Storm' purchase, playing for Bears on the coast and hardly played any league but the Broncos haven't done it too much.

If you are a carnival Storm seem to come away with Glasby and Broncos come away with Fifita.

Ah, Herbie, yes, one of our very best recruits.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
you realise that there is a salary cap for the football department right? ours is the same as Melbourne's
The cap has been in place for what, 18 months? How do we explain the last decade or so then?

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Why would finances impact? I just don't think the Broncos value the ISC and the players they could get from there. Melbourne seem to love that type of player.

Reed and Gillett would probably be the last time we found a player there.
So we operate the biggest club in the State but we don't really value the clubs and the competition below us that produce the players that come from this State.

Honestly, and people are really on here trying to pretend the club isn't well and truly broken at it's core, far, far beyond just what Seibold gave us in the last two years.

Last edited:
ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
I’ll drive him down to Kogarah

Herbie is someone we brought out from pommy land. He was in our under 20s team

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Kahu being the first NRL player to test positive and get ruled out for Coronavirus would certainly be very Kahu indeed.
Maybe someone infected breathed on the sticky tape they have been using since his returned?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
So we operate the biggest club in the State but we don't really value the clubs and the competition below us that produce the players that come from this State.

Honestly, and people are really on here trying to pretend the club isn't well and truly broken at it's core, far, far beyond just what Seibold gave us in the last two years.

That's my perception- Broncos might say of course we value the ISC. Other clubs certainly recruit better from there.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Herbie played junior footy with the Bears, but he didn't come through their system and was signed out of QCup like say Luke Keary or Alex Glenn.

Melbourne have done well with their recruitment, but at the heart of their success is their development. A player like Justin Olam didn't just arrive and instantly improve the place with his world class ability, Melbourne saw something in him, worked with him to become an NRL professional and over the course of three seasons he's become one of the best centres in the world. It wasn't always that way, he really had to put a lot of hard work in but he's proof positive that their system works.

Meanwhile Brisbane have Jamil Hopoate on the roster and most on here wish that wasn't the case. It's hardly the fault of Hopoate, he goes into each game with the right attitude but he's either asked to perform a role he isn't suited for or he comes on in the 60th minute, the Broncos are down by 30 and half his team just wants to go home.

It just highlights the importance of building a stable roster, making sure everybody knows their roles in the team and what's expected of them.

Brisbane made so many changes under Seibold that the player's never got the opportunity to work on aspects of their game that would overall make them and the team better.

Last edited:
Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
That's my perception- Broncos might say of course we value the ISC. Other clubs certainly recruit better from there.
I think your perception is entirely bang on in this instance. There is certainly a wealth of evidence over an extensive period to suggest you're absolutely correct.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
We go red raw
lube GIF

Last edited:

Active Now

• BooKhaki
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncorob
  • Jedhead
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • scobie
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.