Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

How far have we (The Broncos) fallen....

Camera pans to the Panthers coaching box and it is full of recognisable NRL identities......ex-players....known NRL faces.

Camera pans to the Broncos coaching box and it's.......some old **** with a random Asian.

:facepalmwastaken:

Camera pans to the Panthers coaching box and it is full of recognisable NRL identities......ex-players....known NRL faces.

Camera pans to the Broncos coaching box and it's.......some old **** with a random Asian.

Makes you wonder what exactly the footballing budget is being spent on, as it clearly isn't being used to recruit in demand or high profile coaching staff.

I'm wondering how old you think Rhys Kennedy is because the kid is going to be 26 next month. He's certainly early on in his NRL career though and has real promise. Outperforms Ofahengaue for a fraction of the cost.
A honest toiler but he struggles with the pace of it. Would be a solid second tier player possibly. If a roster shakeup is about to take place at the club, he is most likely cut loose.

A honest toiler but he struggles with the pace of it. Would be a solid second tier player possibly. If a roster shakeup is about to take place at the club, he is most likely cut loose.

I disagree. He is base wage and he is servicable. These are the kind of players the Broncos need (but with more experience).

I thought that too about Kennedy but I have changed my mind. With some mentoring, he is showing me on last night's game that he has has real promise. He ran strongly, looks to offload and there's a bit of creativity about his line running. For mine he's a keeper and certainly ahead of Offa. A late bloomer worth the effort of developing further

I disagree. He is base wage and he is servicable. These are the kind of players the Broncos need (but with more experience).
He might want more than base wage if he is re-signed though. Like I said, nothing more than a Q Cup player who could come in handy depth wise. But I would look for someone younger who could fill his role and more. Word is that he is out the door anyways.

He might want more than base wage if he is re-signed though. Like I said, nothing more than a Q Cup player who could come in handy depth wise. But I would look for someone younger who could fill his role and more. Word is that he is out the door anyways.

Which word is that? He has said himself he loves the club. This club doesn't need to go younger, they need to go a little older. And if he wants more than base wage, well see you later.

It is concerning our inability to get up field I believe we are the worse in the comp by a fair margin. Our back 3 aren’t helping and besides haas and carrigan and depending on what mood flegler is in no forwards are helping out either.

we Have no structure or support in attack with makes it easy to gang up on us. look at the top teams everyone is an option in attack at all times
We were top 3 last year, so it's not like we aren't any good.

Some more observations on our game plan from last night. No blame on individuals. Thoughts please ...

Oates.png

Here, early in the game, Oates gets the ball from a scrum. Takes it at pace making good metres. His eyes are however looking straight ahead to take a simple hit up. The defence is totally focused on him. But what's on his left? There's SOS and Herbie, both ready to run, and, look at the hole in the Panthers line. Wouldn't the better option be for Oates to draw the defenders in a bit more then pass to SOS with Herbie on his outside? Instead, Oates takes the hit, makes good post contact metres, but from the next PTB, we turn the ball inside to Fifita who is already marked by 3 players and gets smashed with no metres gained.

Next, as Fifita plays the ball, Kennedy (good on him), to the left of Luke, has started to run a nice angle out wide, again towards SOS and Herbie, but Luke doesn't look, and simply turns the ball back inside to Dearden, who then turns the ball inside again into the middle, to Haas who has 3 defenders on him and gets dropped. The entire Penrith defensive line is focused on the middle. I really am tired of our obsession with the middle. So predictable, no ball movement. It's why we are so uncreative and ordinary.

Kennedy.png

My thoughts are it looks like Demas got a promotion, he was sitting front row of coaches box with Gentle instead of in the 2nd row. Good for Demas.

We were better but still poor. I didn't overly like Kotoni's post game interview wherein he was pleased with the loss as they conceded less points - I mean get what you're saying, but you don't get points for losses within certain margins - just if you win.

Finally, thought Panthers were pretty average. They'll need to go to another gear come finals imo otherwise no premiership for them.

Some more observations on our game plan from last night. No blame on individuals. Thoughts please ...

View attachment 9833

Here, early in the game, Oates gets the ball from a scrum. Takes it at pace making good metres. His eyes are however looking straight ahead to take a simple hit up. The defence is totally focused on him. But what's on his left? There's SOS and Herbie, both ready to run, and, look at the hole in the Panthers line. Wouldn't the better option be for Oates to draw the defenders in a bit more then pass to SOS with Herbie on his outside? Instead, Oates takes the hit, makes good post contact metres, but from the next PTB, we turn the ball inside to Fifita who is already marked by 3 players and gets smashed with no metres gained.

Next, as Fifita plays the ball, Kennedy (good on him), to the left of Luke, has started to run a nice angle out wide, again towards SOS and Herbie, but Luke doesn't look, and simply turns the ball back inside to Dearden, who then turns the ball inside again into the middle, to Haas who has 3 defenders on him and gets dropped. The entire Penrith defensive line is focused on the middle. I really am tired of our obsession with the middle. So predictable, no ball movement. It's why we are so uncreative and ordinary.

View attachment 9834

They seem to sticking with a "simple" game plan. If the expectation is that errors will go down then they are wrong because they are tiring themselves out imo. There is a lot of blame being thrown at the lack of training during Covid and maybe that plays a part but it's also the way we are playing. Also being down to your last pick reserves doesn't help.

Just what we need....more young, inexperienced players. :derrrrp:

We've lost the balance now.....

I'm wondering how old you think Rhys Kennedy is because the kid is going to be 26 next month. He's certainly early on in his NRL career though and has real promise. Outperforms Ofahengaue for a fraction of the cost.
Thankyou for that. I was labouring under the misapprehension that he was just 22. I was plainly wrong about that. The other posters points make more sense now and although Kennedy could be a later bloomer than some he really should have established himself to a greater degree. Thanks again for the information.

That random Asian is Demas Wong thank you very much. Stats extraordinaire and hot shit on Fortnite. Pulls the ladies.

Thankyou for that. I was labouring under the misapprehension that he was just 22. I was plainly wrong about that. The other posters points make more sense now and although Kennedy could be a later bloomer than some he really should have established himself to a greater degree. Thanks again for the information.

Here's a good story on Kennedy which in part explains his late development into an NRL level prop.

https://www.begadistrictnews.com.au...ennedy-finds-a-home-in-broncos-powerful-pack/

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.