Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
really important game for us.

a win will mean we are in 5th position and still a chance for the top 4

a loss will mean we could possibly drop to 7th on the ladder (if the Rabbitohs beat the Bulldogs by 6 or more)

Who said Ezra had to go back to q cup?

I did at one point, and i think at his age there will come a time when we need to just pull him out of the firing line for his own good. At the moment he's handling NRL reasonably well. Its probably an area in the last few years where we have played some of these younger guys more than they need to be played. Not many 19-21 year olds handle the grind of NRL footy week in week out. Doesnt harm them at all to have the odd break now and then.

1-17 but Flegler starting over James.

Yes, it takes time to develop, many posters on here apparently don't get that

They want them to come in being perfect, defensively, offensively.. etc, it's as delusional as you will see

Coming back first game from an injury last week and he was one of our best, not many will admit that though. Doesn't suit their agenda
I think the difference is the type of errors he makes. I will gladly admit he was one of our best but from memory he did about 2-3 things that just blew my mind in terms of stupidity/lack of footy brain. Knocking on a bomb is one thing but ignoring a 4 on 1 to step inside is another.

I did at one point, and i think at his age there will come a time when we need to just pull him out of the firing line for his own good. At the moment he's handling NRL reasonably well. Its probably an area in the last few years where we have played some of these younger guys more than they need to be played. Not many 19-21 year olds handle the grind of NRL footy week in week out. Doesnt harm them at all to have the odd break now and then.
I think Ezra has gotten lucky by entering the team in a sweet spot - we’ve been so bad until now that fans have low expectations and are just happy we’ve improved so their is relatively little pressure on him. Unlike Walker at the roosters last year where people saw them as underperforming and he copped a bit of heat over it.

Obviously if his form drops for a period of games - which it very much could, then a couple weeks break may do him some good. I just don’t think it’s a given.

Broncos 54 Titans 2
Flegler first try scorer.
Reynolds won't miss a single goal kick & will kick 3x 40/20

I think Ezra has gotten lucky by entering the team in a sweet spot - we’ve been so bad until now that fans have low expectations and are just happy we’ve improved so their is relatively little pressure on him. Unlike Walker at the roosters last year where people saw them as underperforming and he copped a bit of heat over it.

Obviously if his form drops for a period of games - which it very much could, then a couple weeks break may do him some good. I just don’t think it’s a given.

Different sport, but i can remember years ago when Sir Alex Ferguson had his group of young players ( Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Neville etc ) and even if they were playing and performing well he would just pull them out of the team for a week or two just to give them a break before things went bad for them just to protect them a bit while they were developing. Its something i dont think many coaches do well tbh.

Do you think he could do second row? He seems quite agile so it’s possible.
Absolutely he could cover the role but I think others have a much better understanding of him so I'd listen to them.

You must be new to the internet. Everyone here is millionaire black ops kung fu genius.

forgot 6'5'' and bagging 10s

yo!.....12" penis here
Wave Hello GIF by vrt

I don't know if this was a wrong decision, a bad decision or rulings on double movements are always a bit suss. Probably more the latter, I think. Nonetheless, this in the CM just now from our number 1 fan.

Badel:

"The NRL must undertake a full-scale review of the Bunker. The decision to deny Broncos back-rower Zac Hosking a 64th-minute try was as flawed as it was embarrassing... It was a shocking call — and the NRL should breathe a sigh of relief that it didn’t cost Brisbane victory."​

I don't know if this was a wrong decision, a bad decision or rulings on double movements are always a bit suss. Probably more the latter, I think. Nonetheless, this in the CM just now from our number 1 fan.

Badel:

"The NRL must undertake a full-scale review of the Bunker. The decision to deny Broncos back-rower Zac Hosking a 64th-minute try was as flawed as it was embarrassing... It was a shocking call — and the NRL should breathe a sigh of relief that it didn’t cost Brisbane victory."​
Yeah I think it should’ve been a try but I also think there was a bit of square up for the Periera try which was a bit more 50/50

Yeah I think it should’ve been a try but I also think there was a bit of square up for the Periera try which was a bit more 50/50
Here's the formal rule:

Try: a tackled player’s momentum carries him into the opponents’ in-goal where he grounds the ball even if the ball has first touched the ground in the field of play’. If the momentum of the player in possession carries him into the opponents in goal area, it will not be a double movement if the ball would have finished over the goal line regardless of any subsequent movement of the ball or the arm carrying the ball​
Not a try: In the process of scoring a try, a player in possession promotes the ball from the position​
the ball has been grounded.​
Simplified by Annersley:

"The rule is that when the ball-carrying arm has hit the ground, you can’t extend that arm.”​

In my opinion, it's a shit rule, but Badel is wrong and the bunker got it right. It's a clear double movement by Annersley's definition. FF to 3:10:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Foordy
  • barker
  • Pablo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • ozzball
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.