Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Brisbane Broncos vs Wests Tigers
Suncorp Stadium, Sunday July 19 2015
Kick Off 4:00pm

1420536256.png

1. Darius Boyd 2. Lachlan Maranta 3. Jack Reed 4. Justin Hodges 5. Jordan Kahu 6. Anthony Milford 7. Ben Hunt 8. Sam Thaiday 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Adam Blair 11. Alex Glenn 12. Matt Gillett 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14. Jarrod Wallace 15. Mitchell Dodds 16. Corey Oates 17. Matt Parcell 18. Daniel Vidot
1420555653.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Kevin Naiqama 3. Nathan Milone 4. Tim Simona 5. Pat Richards 6. Mitchell Moses 7. Luke Brooks 8. Aaron Woods 9. Dene Halatau 10. Sauaso Sue 11. Kyle Lovett 12. Chris Lawrence 13. Martin Taupau
Interchange: 14. Manaia Cherrington 15. Ava Seumanufagai 16. Keith Galloway 17. Brenden Santi 18. Jack Buchanan

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Love a Sunday afternoon at the footy.

Sadly Suncorp Stadium rarely plays host but I love the family atmosphere and the flexibility the time-slot allows you.

I'm feeling pretty confident about this one. Almost prepared to the count the Broncos chickens before they hatch. The only thing that prevents me from doing so is the class of James Tedesco and his support crew in Aaron Woods, Martin Taupau and Luke Brooks. If they're 'on' they'll trouble any side.

Interesting to look back at the last Suncorp Sunday fixture between both teams. On that occasion, Brisbane succumbed to a disappointing 20-6 defeat. The game is perhaps best remembered for the debut of 17 year old schoolboy Chris Lawrence scoring a great try on debut where he burned Shaun Berrigan for pace down the touchline.

Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself.

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
The Broncos are currently on a 6-game winning streak and don't play a side in the top 8 for three weeks (Bulldogs @ Suncorp). Before then, we have two straight home games against the Tigers and Titans before we face Manly in Gosford.

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I don't see us winning 9 games in a row. I'm not sure Bennett wants to win too many games before the finals. I think he would like to lose as many games as possible while still winning the Minor Premiership, if that makes sense.

As the cliche goes, you learn a lot more from a loss than a win, and a couple of losses before the finals would realistically serve this team better than a huge winning streak.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
I'm so looking forward to this game, it's the only one I can attend all year. We'd bloody well better win.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Parker was saying today that they have days off until the captains run on Saturday so you wouldn't think they'd be rested after that.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Hopefully Thaiday isn't rested.

I want to see Thaiday vs Kapow.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Give anyone who thinks they need it a rest, or play them off the bench for a short stint.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Yeah if we rest all origin players from training during the week that should be enough, we need to win as many games as possible in this easy period coming up, the difference between finishing first/second and third/fourth could be at stake, we need top 2.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Kahu a cork.

Expecting Copley to return and Oates stays on the bench. Copley really hasn't had a productive 2015 and I'm starting to wonder if he is out of favor with Bennett if he isn't selected.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Expecting Copley to return and Oates stays on the bench. Copley really hasn't had a productive 2015 and I'm starting to wonder if he is out of favor with Bennett if he isn't selected.

We resting Hodges again?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Copley played last night; I'm assuming at 50-6 he might not have done too much. Nikorima had his second game back too.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncoFan94
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • MrMoore
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.