vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
We rarely win comfortably against the cows, they pull out fluke plays all the time and always get the ref advantage.
Guarantee Feldt will pull out some insane BS against us despite being useless every other week.

Anyway, i'm actually enjoying this media jerk off surrounding Areyn. Will mean the refs should protect him and any late or grubby shit they inveitably try to pull off will be punished. Specifically tpj and herthington. I'll be surprised if one of them doesn't get 10 mins.

We rarely win comfortably against the cows, they pull out fluke plays all the time and always get the ref advantage.

We won the last encounter fairly comfortably. And have won four of our last six matches against them. Point taken though, they always get arsey tries against us.

I just woke up from a nightmare where the Bulldogs beat us 17-14. I woke up pretty shaken up that we actually lost, until I started remembering some of the details.

It started with a Corey Oates try, but then ended up with Japan beating my workplace in a modified version of bowls.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Broncos 64 - Bulldogs 8

So we've swapped the last two years of being depressed over the weekend coz our boys got hammered on the Thursday or Friday for an angst filled weekend waiting to see if our boys will play like world beaters with a decent half back running the show.

I'm tipping we score in the region of 32 and hold the Dogs to under ten which will just about see us sit on top of the table. Welcome to our new world.

Let's go Broncos!!!!

We have played terribly away from home the last few years. I would be more confident if we were not expected to win.

I just woke up from a nightmare where the Bulldogs beat us 17-14. I woke up pretty shaken up that we actually lost, until I started remembering some of the details.

It started with a Corey Oates try, but then ended up with Japan beating my workplace in a modified version of bowls.

Broncos 64 - Bulldogs 8
This has me concerned. Japan has been in good form lately and your work place has always struggled away from home.

Broncos 64 - Bulldogs 8

This sounds an awful lot like you were dreaming about...CURLING!!!!! (THE GREATEST SPORT IN HISTORY)

I’m nervous. Sunday games haven’t been good to the broncos in recent years.

This sounds an awful lot like you were dreaming about...CURLING!!!!! (THE GREATEST SPORT IN HISTORY)
Nah. The game ended up being played in my old high school hall, with Geishas rolling marbles at jars filled with food...

Reynolds stops short of calling South Sydney a disease infested shithole:

"I’m honestly loving life here and loving the Broncos so much that I can’t see myself going back to Sydney.”

Extra Dirty Sydney 4

Comfort zone

“If anything, I was in a bit of a comfort zone at Souths. I was in one spot for so long and when that happens, you can go through the motions at times. If I’m honest, coming to Brisbane and seeing the way I’ve been treated by everybody here ... the Broncos showed the love and I probably haven’t felt that for a while at South Sydney. Going to a new club and a new city, things are exciting and it’s given me a new energy."

“I don’t see the pressure or the expectations. For me, it’s just turning up and doing my job. I have done that for 11 years in the NRL and nothing will change. My job as a seven is to lead the guys around the park, play some footy and make sure my defence is strong. It’s a pretty simple game when you break it down like that."

“It will be a proud moment to lead the club out. I already love this club. I know I’ve only been here a short time but I feel like I have been here for a few years, everyone has made me feel that welcome. The fans have been fantastic, so it will be a great honour to wear the Broncos jumper this week. The body is feeling good. I want the challenge of making Brisbane successful again.”

“Alfie is someone I looked up to. He is an icon of the game, not only of the Broncos but rugby league. I was inspired by his small stature and being a smaller bloke myself, people said Alf couldn’t do this or that and he proved them wrong. If anything, his jersey would be retired if it was the NBA and I wouldn’t be wearing it, but I’m so grateful to be involved with him. We bounce ideas off each other at training to see what his thought process is. We talk about certain plays at certain parts of the field. He is great for morale. We get on well."

“Everyone knows what I bring on the field but it’s just as important to deliver off the field as well. I want to be someone who can be trusted and the boys enjoy playing with. We can play finals for sure. Not making the top eight this year would be a huge disappointment and a wasted season because there are so many talented players at this club. The results haven’t been there in recent years but I can’t see any reason why we don’t play finals this year. I’m as hungry as ever.”

McHunt

Jeez if Adam can work out or even identify a pattern or a method to how Alf bamboozled the opposition he's even more of a great scholar of the game than I thought.

So good to hear he's been talking shop with Alf.

Curling whilst drunk is particularly entertaining. I once tripped over a rock and hit my head on the ice. I could never get into the sport when sober.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • barker
  • Pablo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncorob
  • ozzball
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.