PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2024] Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping to see this

1. Walsh
2. Mariner *Still think Oates was the right pick, but Mariner should be stuck with now he is picked.
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan
14. Smoothy
15. Hetherington
16. Hunt
17. Willison

18. Oates

Jensen really needs to start, he just keeps delivering for us and it suits us him starting. Hunt to come into play middle, but be there to cover an edge if needed, and Willison is a long term player and should be getting the minutes Marty got in rd1.
Dont mind this team at all. Baker has not shown anything to warrant selection. Kev said Willison can cover an edge so versatility gets him picked.

As Webby and Gilly said we found our problems head on before the rest season goes on. I briefly heard on the news

Nah .
That leads to Walsh having to be close to the ruck on play 4-5 to be ready to kick .[We saw how that stifled Milfords game .]
And not in the attacking shapes they like to run on the left .
As the Broncos love to work to the right touch line for kicks Walsh will have to stay on the right side and then kick left footed into the right corner . Not ideal .

If Arey is not kicking . Does his running / passing game warrant selection ?

Read the whole sentence, if he is injured IN GAME.

Read the whole sentence, if he is injured IN GAME.
Doesn`t actually say that hence my interpretation .

But if he was injured again on the back of being injured early in the GF and it affects his kicking so much, he needs to give the kicking reigns to Walsh.

I’m very much looking forward to next game. Obviously always a big game against the bunnies, back at Suncorp etc etc. But even just general gameplay will be really intriguing to see where we grow, how much we were hampered by misfortunes in that first game. Will have more space which will bring our lateral style back into play, our outside backs into play, and just our can score from anywhere mentality. When that game against the chooks was played entirely through the middle when you take out Carrigan and Willison you will always struggle. Not to mention Jensen is nearly twice as good when he starts. Would love to see Piakura play a full 80 there edges will be toast if he does. That extra space with the bigger bodies in the middle holding up the players with Carrigan ball playing out to that left and right edge will be great to see again. I think we have a really good team as long as we defend well. By the end of the year when Willison, Cobbo, Mariner and Jensen have grown even better as well we will be better than last year imo. I think whilst things went wrong last week and we were rusty in some really basic areas we have been kicked into gear a little bit. I’m confident we can have a really strong period through these initial rounds now.

Would love to see Piakura play a full 80 there edges will be toast

11 day stand down rule might see him have a rest ?
Also no contact training during the 11 days ?

After getting over the disappointment and with a bit of clarity, I don't think that loss was all that bad for us at all. A pallet cleanser after the GF would have been nice, but otherwise a decent reality check every now and then is what creates the best teams, and recieving it in Round 1 is the best time to cop it.

Our defence was very solid, the field was narrower than usual, we escaped with no injuries, the Rorters thanks to Leniu have delivered us the kind of slap in the face that brings players together and promotes a siege mentality, it could prove to be a big moment for the squad going into this season.

Drop Taupau or Baker for Willison but otherwise change nothing.

Piakura will have an 11 day lay off .
Reynolds sore knee .
The 11 days can be appealed if it was Cat 2 but I've not seen anywhere if it's been classified as Cat 1 or not.

The fact that the game took place on "Saturday" date wise in the location where the injury occurred on the medical record does work in our favour though, that would mean that the 11th day would be next Wednesday if they factor it this way.

Bigger concern is definitely ARey - if he was getting scans when he got home, that means it's likely more than just bruising. Does this explain why he played like shit?

The 11 days can be appealed if it was Cat 2 but I've not seen anywhere if it's been classified as Cat 1 or not.

The fact that the game took place on "Saturday" date wise in the location where the injury occurred on the medical record does work in our favour though, that would mean that the 11th day would be next Wednesday if they factor it this way.

Bigger concern is definitely ARey - if he was getting scans when he got home, that means it's likely more than just bruising. Does this explain why he played like shit?
Was cat 2 apparently in game atleast according to abc commentary at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mieko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bish
  • Fatboy
  • Lurker
  • RolledOates
  • kiwibronco
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.