Round 2 Discussion

I think honestly what the Panthers should be doing while Segeyaro is out is playing with this -

1. Hiku
2. Watene-Zelezniak
3. Whare
4. Blake
5. Mansour
6. Moylan (c)
7. Soward
9. Wallace

Hiku wants to play Fullback, he looked dangerous every time he touched the ball out there tonight, Wallace played very solid at Hooker, and Moylan is due back next week and has long-term plans to be a Five-Eighth, much like the transition Milford made.

Once Segeyaro is back, he slides straight back in and Wallace comes off the bench as a utility, as he did a few times at the Broncos. And obviously long term they let Wallace leave next season.

I'd lay money on Wallace playing 9 for a large portion of the year. Barring injury of course.

Alec said:
Lichaa is out for a while.

Only four weeks now apparently, but yeah Garvey was garbage from what I saw. I don't think I've seen a hooker look more disinterested in a game and the Bulldogs forwards had no clue what was going on.

Only four weeks now apparently, but yeah Garvey was garbage from what I saw. I don't think I've seen a hooker look more disinterested in a game and the Bulldogs forwards had no clue what was going on.

In other news, The Prickle Sacks are being investigated over their supplement program....

That was a really good game both sides had a good hot go and gave us some quality entertainment. Mybe would have to be MOM without him the Bulldogs wouldn't have won that game. Crushing defeat for the Panthers they had some very good performers tonight and that's a very hard way to get beaten.

Soward's kicking game was on point the whole game forcing repeat sets and he made some good tackles as well. Campbell-Gillard was a factor in the middle, Wallace put in a solid performance and Mansour again was involved through the middle making meters and putting his hand up for the hard work. Mansour has to be selected for NSW this year.

Te Maire would have to come in you would think.

1. Moylan
6. Soward
7. Martin
9. Wallace

This seems like their best creative spine in Segeyaro's absence. I guess it all depends on Moylan's availability but by all reports he is back next week. That game was still pretty poor but definitely a step up on most games last week. I too also find it hard to rate the Dogs but Mbye is a big plus for them and Reynolds ruling himself out for a couple of weeks with a brain explosion wouldn't be the worst thing for them.

is Mbye one of the banned origin ten? If not, he might just find himself one or two injuries away from origin and slipping unexpectedly ahead of Hunt and Milf.

I have finally come to the conclusion that Peachey and Cartwright are just pure ball hogs.
Hook should never play Peachey at 5/8 again and Cartwright should be taught how to pass a ball and not just while your in the line with 3 defenders on you

I have finally come to the conclusion that Peachey and Cartwright are just pure ball hogs.
Hook should never play Peachey at 5/8 again and Cartwright should be taught how to pass a ball and not just while your in the line with 3 defenders on you
I really am skeptical of Cartwright.

He's capable of producing a big play from time to time but I think he's more concerned with bringing the flash rather than doing the hard yards.

In that respect he reminds me a little of the Gillett of yesteryear, before he added that harder edge to his game. Given time I believe Cartwright will too. Just has to knuckle down and nail his fundamentals, then pick his moments.

On the other side of the ledger, I have been impressed by Mbye these first two rounds. Still has some ways to go if he wants to justify all the hype, but he's been cool under pressure, a steadying influence on his side and produced several big plays.

Long term I think he needs a more settled half to complement him best, but it appears the Dogs made the right call in opening up their wallets.

I'd lay money on Wallace playing 9 for a large portion of the year. Barring injury of course.

I think you are right Harry, and when Segeyaro comes back play him off the bench where he was so good a few years back. If the interchange reduction pans out the way most think he will be hard to manage.

Damn that Sig is disturbing.

I thought Hopoate played quite well at fullback for the dogs, the move from Parra seems to have sparked him this year.

I think the problem is they have 3 of the same player, Peachey, Cartwright & Merrin. None of them are massive meter eaters or phenomenal defenders, they're all hit the line and get an off-load out players. You really only need 1-2 of those in your team (And you really don't want any of them coming off the bench, your bench forwards need to be players who just run straight)

8. Campbell-Gillard
10. McKendry
11. Cartwright
12. Yeo
13. Merrin

14. Grevsmuhl
15. Latimore
16. Matagi
17. Fisher-Harris

That's what I'd be doing next season if I was Hook.

Cartwright is one of the most overrated players in the game at the moment. I've never seen so many offloads go to absolutely nobody and lose 5 metres. Speaking of which, if a player makes 10 metres on a hit up and offloads the ball and loses 5 metres, do they only get 5 metres on their metres made stat?

2 Tackles into the Raiders vs Roosters game and already Fensom is down and his bench replacement Iosia Soliola came down not long after, still on field but didn't look too good.

Last edited:
J Nikorima is definitely not ready for first grade

Ferguson not playing fullback. Didn't take long, but right option.

4-0 kick to come to the Roosters thanks to Latrell Mitchell.

6 sets, only 2 completed, lots of errors early in this game.

The Raiders really look all over the place.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Santa
  • davidp
  • Cavalo
  • johnny plath
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Redux
  • Totally Unr3al
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jedhead
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.