10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
I still prefer knik over parcell off the bench. However if Macca was injured would prefer Parcel to step in.
After last week I'm convinced Oates needs as much game time as possible.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
My understanding is every player has a minimum match payment, and that over the course of a year exceeds their base salary for those on low contracts so a player who has yet to play enough games to reach his salary is still "under". I could be way off, that's what I vaguely remember reading about how the second tier cap works, so someone outside a top 25 contract is on **** all, so the 2k or so minimum match payment can quickly exceed the second tier cap which I think is something like 250k all up, so it doesn't take many players actually playing to exceed that. That's why clubs with huge injury problems have big cap issues.

And then the salary cap auditor effectively telling them to select, say, a second rower/prop on the wing and that there is not special circumstances/selection issues to justify the departure from the rules.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Nothing sinister; Parcell can't play because the cap space doesn't allow it. Too much over-thinking by some here-it's out of his control.
While I agree there is a little too much over thinking on here the site is no different in that regard as on other forums . Not quite out of control. I never thought WB was so stupid that he would hurt his team because a player was moving on. He may be saving what little game time Parcell has left for more important games towards seasons end. Parcell is going to end up like Granville for mine, a disappointing loss to the club.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
hope we can Keep Parcell. I can't think of anyone who would benefit more from those tired forwards as a result of the new interchange rule.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
hope we can Keep Parcell. I can't think of anyone who would benefit more from those tired forwards as a result of the new interchange rule.

TBH I think the Nikorimi would benefit even more

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Though the Parcell news is slightly annoying, I'm very glad to hear that its just due to cap allowances.

It will probably do his development good to get in so many solid first grade games then drop down a step and carve up in the ISC. Its also a convenient excuse to give Niko some game time without seeming to be punishing Parcel. What to do with these two players is going to be such a huge headache and I'm glad its completely out of my hands because what a tough decision it must be trying to accommodate them.

I can see Kniko tearing up the titans, as most have said he probably isnt the well-rounded player Parcell is but he has some real x-factor about him. The pressure from Parcell may cause him to step it up another notch too.

I wonder if Wayne saved a few games for Parcell later in the season though. Any chance you could give us some info on that one, 1910?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Though the Parcell news is slightly annoying, I'm very glad to hear that its just due to cap allowances.

It will probably do his development good to get in so many solid first grade games then drop down a step and carve up in the ISC. Its also a convenient excuse to give Niko some game time without seeming to be punishing Parcel. What to do with these two players is going to be such a huge headache and I'm glad its completely out of my hands because what a tough decision it must be trying to accommodate them.

I can see Kniko tearing up the titans, as most have said he probably isnt the well-rounded player Parcell is but he has some real x-factor about him. The pressure from Parcell may cause him to step it up another notch too.

I wonder if Wayne saved a few games for Parcell later in the season though. Any chance you could give us some info on that one, 1910?

That's what I was thinking. Surely he wouldn't just "use up" all his available games and then go "oh well, back to Q-Cup for the year".

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Doesn't really matter now but with a broken hand Vidot did well on Saturday night- besides the two tries down that side.

80 mins

17 runs, 193m, 3 offloads, 2 try assists, 3 tackles and 1 miss.

1 great try saving tackle too.

Anderson- 80 min

11 runs, 137m, 2 line breaks, 1 try, 6 tackles 1 miss.

Ofahenguae- 36 min

10 runs, 123 metres, 1 offload, 19 tackles 0 misses.

Copley- 80 min

12 runs, 134 metres, 1 offload, two line breaks, 1 line break assist, 1 try assist, 6 tackles, 1 miss, two tries.

Nikorima 80 minutes

10 runs, 76 metres, 1 offload, 1 line break, 4 line break assists, 1 try assist, 21 tackles, 4 missed.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Only if an injury happens- they'd then look at a special allowance.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I decided to make a highlights video of a classic encounter between the two clubs.

Our back 5 that night. It's a reminder of just how bad things were in 2007.

1. Kemp
2. Michaels
3. Stagg
4. Hodges
5. Frawley

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Ennis at Halfback, rough times.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Taylor providing, a rare occurance, mind you he was probably more consistent in his early career then for quite sometime and that's the most disappointing aspect of all.

Last edited:
Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
I decided to make a highlights video of a classic encounter between the two clubs.

1. Kemp
2. Michaels
3. Stagg
4. Hodges
5. Frawley

Ah man what a game! Feel so sorry for Scott Prince

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Some doubt over kahu apparently.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Hasn't Kahu had a few injury niggles lately ? We should still have ample depth to cover his absence should it occur...perhaps Oates to centre ! Would love to see him given a whole game in the centres....so early career Gene Miles like !

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

1. Kemp
2. Michaels
3. Stagg
4. Hodges
5. Frawley

Scotty Prince was such a gun back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• PNG Broncos fan88
  • Broncorob
  • scobie
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.