Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Might be a little bit of a difference for the Broncos I think. Finishing 1st mean probably playing the Strom week 1, finishing 2nd means probably playing the Warriors. I know who I'd rather play...

My assumption is that the current top 3 is pretty much going to stay the same.
We have to beat Storm eventually, our record against them is bad but to be fair they have had a better team for the majority of it, last game I think we would have won if Reyno didn't get injured, we have the better team now, and getting a win over them would be a huge boost to our confidence.

ChewThePhatt

ChewThePhatt

NRL Player
Contributor
Dec 28, 2015
We have to beat Storm eventually, our record against them is bad but to be fair they have had a better team for the majority of it, last game I think we would have won if Reyno didn't get injured, we have the better team now, and getting a win over them would be a huge boost to our confidence.
Getting a win over those ***** would be a huge boost to my mental health!

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Just as well the club didn't panic and tear up the contracts of Madden and Piakura after their first games with us. Both looked like complete liabilities.

DD must have forgot his login details to BHQ those two weeks, otherwise they'd be goooooone. No other way to explain it.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Also, it's no surprise that the Panthers have so many attacking chances. They are permanently off-side in defence, restricting their opposition's metres, and are gifted countless unjustified leg-ups out of their own end. Without the most attacking opportunities in the competition, they'd fall straight back to the rest of the pack.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I wonder what the situation is with Reyno, if he isn't 100% I think he should be rested this week........

Ezra too......? He seemed down and out a couple times last week and cops it on that knee almost every week.

Can we afford the loss.....?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
You don't want to let the Brisbane Broncos into your half:

Its nice to be nice. You can do good things. 😉
Great site....!

Did you see that step on Billy...??
Happy Phil Hartman GIF

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Wallabies will beat the AllBlacks too one day…sometimes the statistic is the statistic

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Like someone said, our tough draw may steel us for the finals. Conversely, will the Warriors' comparatively soft draw have them complacent?
The Warriors draw is the easiest in the whole comp. We are the opposite. I think their side is good but not as good as their position on the ladder suggests. We beat them without our Origin stars in NZ after all

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Completely agree... It was the Raiders playing grubby where Reynolds got hurt last year, and that derailed our whole season.

Dogs like Hudson Young build their whole game around trying to niggle, hurt and intimidate much smaller players off the ball (like JWH). I couldn't care less about the result of the Raiders game, I just hope we come out of it with no major injuries.

I hope we use all the remaining games to keep working on / developing things ahead of the finals. Things like Kev use Smoothy more lastweek to get some minutes into his legs, Smoothy running set crash ball plays with Piakura, Piakura getting more minutes in the backrow and Willison continuing to be involved in the middle are all things that will serve us very well come finals time.

Apart from errors and ill discipline, the only weakness of this team is our edge defence, where Cobbo insists on coming flying in off the wing at every opportunity to create huge overlaps... I'd love to see some improvement in this area specifically, otherwise we will get torn to shreds in the finals down that flank by a well-drilled, competent team. It's really our only weakness at the moment.
A lot of cobbos ones are because Staggs already came flying up and did nothing. Both are useless.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
The Warriors draw is the easiest in the whole comp. We are the opposite. I think their side is good but not as good as their position on the ladder suggests. We beat them without our Origin stars in NZ after all
raiders draw was the easiest

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
It must be a rare thing surely for a team to be borderline top 4 this far into a season and have a huge negative +/-

I certainly can't recall ever seeing it before

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017
Whenever we are on tackle 3 or 4 and near halfway I get excited because I know we are every chance of scoring a try. Less confident inside the oppositions 10....

Looking at those gifs, its awesome of everyone moves together, with the playmakers running deep into the line.
I love this too, but what I love even more is the fact that we are pressuring the middle defence through crash plays close to the line more the last 2 weeks too. Jenson gave a beauty to Willy a few weeks back, and Patty has picked up a couple.

This can only lead to more space out wide if teams start worrying about it.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I love this too, but what I love even more is the fact that we are pressuring the middle defence through crash plays close to the line more the last 2 weeks too. Jenson gave a beauty to Willy a few weeks back, and Patty has picked up a couple.

This can only lead to more space out wide if teams start worrying about it.
I wonder if the one on the weekend was a set play or was it heads up play from Patty.

He was well back in the line at the start of the ptb looking like a normal link man role, but sprinted to be up next to Billy for the crash play.

He either spotted Drinkwater in the line and made a bee line for him bringing Billy along... or it was planned all along to try and confuse the defence (have everyone thinking it was a spread, but Patty comes charging in late and Billy doing some great work to get him 1v1 with the fullback on the line).

Either way I fucking love it.... good attack inside the 10m needs the dummy half and decoy runners to represent a threat, otherwise the defence will just slide off them.

If the defence has to hold in the line for the decoy that gives the backline more time to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dash
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • MrMoore
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • pennywisealfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.