Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Jensen is not going to intimidate any one with a big hit or skip through the line like Thomas can .

Jensen is very good at the basics , doesn`t have the X factor Flegler does .

Willison will play more minutes than Jensen next season if he stays fit .

I doubt that. Not because of talent, more because of current capacity. Willison is going to be a gun but he will be eased into first grade next season with his minutes building up. Jensen will be starting 10 or if not him, Hetherington. At best, their minutes over the year will be comparable but Jensen will play more unless there are injuries involved.

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
Jensen is not going to intimidate any one with a big hit or skip through the line like Thomas can .

Jensen is very good at the basics , doesn`t have the X factor Flegler does .

Willison will play more minutes than Jensen next season if he stays fit .

I feel like what you said is the entire point.

Come finals time, when a single mistake can turn the entire match, I would rather have a solid, error-free, consistent workhorse like Jensen rather than a hothead like Flegler who is looking to intimidate and lay a big hit and in doing so is a constant risk of giving away a penalty or being sent off.

Personally I think you're right that Flegler is the more aggressive and dynamic ball runnner, but I don't think he's all THAT far ahead of Jensen, and I think Jensen actually offers some deft ball playing in the middle which makes up for this difference. All in all, what you lose going from Jensen to Flegler is MORE than made up for by avoiding the potentially game-deciding negative plays which Flegler is far more prone to.

We're the Broncos, after all, if the refs can find a way to rob us they will and Flegler has a target on him every single game.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Since 2020, we have the worst record when Adam Gee has had the whistle... Just 21.4% (3 wins from 14 games)

Guess who's reffing this game
Eels have a poor record with Gee too.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
365145120 691414073031683 5984722958731848645 n

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
To be fair, I think they should be awarded the 2009 premiership.

It's the only way to stop Melbourne from celebrating it, unl;ess the NRL start deducting premiership points everytime they acknowledge themselves as premiers through events and social media.
We weren't given the opportunity to defeat the Eels in the GF because of the cheating Storm and Hayne is a **** head so I think we should be awarded the trophy for 2009.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Since 2020, we have the worst record when Adam Gee has had the whistle... Just 21.4% (3 wins from 14 games)

Maybe he'll bring his seeing eye dog to help him with the calls this time...............

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020

To be fair, I assume if we look at a lot of records from 2020 there would be very few that are positive.

Recent broncos history should start from 2023.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Just realised that the Eels have scored the 2nd most points in the comp (just 1 less then us).

This should be a good test for our defence.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Eels have a poor record with Gee too.

both us and the Eels have the same two refs as our worst:

Broncos: Adam Gee 21.4% (14 games, 3 wins), Grant Atkins 40% (15 games, 6 wins)
Eels: Adam Gee 33.3% (9 games, 3 wins), Grant Atkins 46.7% (15 games, 7 wins)

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Just realised that the Eels have scored the 2nd most points in the comp (just 1 less then us).

This should be a good test for our defence.
Don't forget the byes confuse things this year.

On average we've got pretty much identical attack - our average 25.2 points per game (4th) vs their 25.35 (3rd), but the difference is points conceded in defence: our 17.55 is second only to Penrith, while the Eels are down in 10th with an average 22.4 points conceded.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Don't forget the byes confuse things this year.

On average we've got pretty much identical attack - our average 25.2 points per game (4th) vs their 25.35 (3rd), but the difference is points conceded in defence: our 17.55 is second only to Penrith, while the Eels are down in 10th with an average 22.4 points conceded.

both teams still have a bye in hand

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I feel like what you said is the entire point.

Come finals time, when a single mistake can turn the entire match, I would rather have a solid, error-free, consistent workhorse like Jensen rather than a hothead like Flegler who is looking to intimidate and lay a big hit and in doing so is a constant risk of giving away a penalty or being sent off.

Personally I think you're right that Flegler is the more aggressive and dynamic ball runnner, but I don't think he's all THAT far ahead of Jensen, and I think Jensen actually offers some deft ball playing in the middle which makes up for this difference. All in all, what you lose going from Jensen to Flegler is MORE than made up for by avoiding the potentially game-deciding negative plays which Flegler is far more prone to.

We're the Broncos, after all, if the refs can find a way to rob us they will and Flegler has a target on him every single game.
You would be surprised how morale sapping it can be having a hard man like Flegs doing damage when your already down on the score board.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
The Eels are playing an inexperienced makeshift center (Daejarn Asi) up against either Herbie or Staggs

Great News Lol GIF by NBC
He has played there before, just not for the Eels.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I doubt that. Not because of talent, more because of current capacity. Willison is going to be a gun but he will be eased into first grade next season with his minutes building up. Jensen will be starting 10 or if not him, Hetherington. At best, their minutes over the year will be comparable but Jensen will play more unless there are injuries involved.

In another thread your front row for next year has Willison alongside Jensen .

Make up your mind bro ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • Lozza
  • Xzei
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncoFan94
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.