Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'm not sitting through that heartbreaker again.

Although, if you get a chance, try to catch Folau's infamous try. Listening to Brandy have a spasm mid-game is still funny, even when the result didn't go our way.

It's pretty funny.

Still carrying on well after the try was scored.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
One of the media guys suggested today to Bennett in his interview after training Oates' size would be handy.

Bennett: Him bringing his brain would be handy.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
One of the media guys suggested today to Bennett in his interview after training Oates' size would be handy.

Bennett: Him bringing his brain would be handy.

Josh McGuire is always having a dig at him in Triple M.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Josh McGuire is always having a dig at him in Triple M.

I present Kemp's Dumb and Dumber training tank featuring McGuire and Wallace :laugh:

1yrgg.jpg

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
Bennett mentioned to the press this week that he doesn't care that every 'expert' is writing us off. Before tonight's game on Triple M, Ray Warren (who I shouldn't listen to anyway) said that he didn't realise the Broncos were a good side this year until they beat the Dragons last week.

You don't have to make us premiership favourites, but fair dinkum! To have scored the most tries/points and be top of the ladder after 23 rounds, having beaten every side bar Souths, and it took a win against an average Dragons side to 'convince' you Rabs?

If Souths had our ladder position and stats, the media would be saying that the premiership is theirs to lose. Instead, being a Queensland team, we haven't done enough to be convincing. Come on NSW, give us a little credit...

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
^^ Nup, it'll never happen. The jealousy is as real now as it was when we were dominating in the 90's.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Bennett mentioned to the press this week that he doesn't care that every 'expert' is writing us off. Before tonight's game on Triple M, Ray Warren (who I shouldn't listen to anyway) said that he didn't realise the Broncos were a good side this year until they beat the Dragons last week.

You don't have to make us premiership favourites, but fair dinkum! To have scored the most tries/points and be top of the ladder after 23 rounds, having beaten every side bar Souths, and it took a win against an average Dragons side to 'convince' you Rabs?

If Souths had our ladder position and stats, the media would be saying that the premiership is theirs to lose. Instead, being a Queensland team, we haven't done enough to be convincing. Come on NSW, give us a little credit...
Ray's been around for awhile but he clocked off years ago.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The impression I get, is that the media rates Brisbane as one of the form teams of the competition, but they're hesitant to go all the way with them as they seemingly lack the experience to win in October.

From what I've seen, they're not too far off.

I would like the media to be more consistent. While the Roosters have maintained an impressive nine game winning-streak, questions should be asked about whether or not they have peaked too early given the way they finished last season. In addition, I'm surprised so little has been made over the departures of Tuivasa-Sheck and Maloney. While things appear fine, it wouldn't be the first time a development like this has derailed a teams chances.

For what it's worth, I've tipped Sydney. It just seems as if they've got more to gain out of this clash and I believe the Broncos flaws are coming to the fore. Save for a red-hot opening, I believe it'll be a close game, but Sydney will lead for the bulk of it.

Then again, I tipped them in Round 6 only for Ben Hunt to go from villain to hero in a matter of minutes, so you never know.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Would, er, anyone like to lend me their Foxtel Go login for tonight's match? :biggrin:

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I have to work tonight, so I'll have to listen on the radio ...

Would you guys go with ABC Grandstand or 4BCs continuous call team?

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
I have to work tonight, so I'll have to listen on the radio ...

Would you guys go with ABC Grandstand or 4BCs continuous call team?
As long as it's not Triple M you'll be fine either way. My mp3 player only gets FM so I'm stuck with Gordie and Dobbo making the same fat/bald jokes for 2 hours.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Roosters are more expansive now then they have been in the last 3 years. They get to the fringe very quickly and give their centres early ball. All their exits sets are edge sets. It's interesting to watch. They were mainly power based two years ago like the Rabbits but now they have a bit of footy in them and I think that is what is causing their form to seem up and down; they haven't quite got the balance right yet.

Both teams are not dissimilar, like to offload, players push up out the back, Hunt for the Broncos and Pearce for the Roosters, Pearce even gets into second receiver sometimes to be able to unleash bigger guys outside or inside him coming out of exits. Roosters play between their forward more and better than the Broncos.

If on those exits sets your 3 and 2 in don't push up too, they go straight there and exploit it.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Would, er, anyone like to lend me their Foxtel Go login for tonight's match? :biggrin:

Yes.

I have messaged you on FB. There should only be one device registered on the account, so you should be good to go. And well, if you keep using it after the game, more winning for you... ;-)

Last edited:
Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Roosters are more expansive now then they have been in the last 3 years. They get to the fringe very quickly and give their centres early ball. All their exits sets are edge sets. It's interesting to watch. They were mainly power based two years ago like the Rabbits but now they have a bit of footy in them and I think that is what is causing their form to seem up and down; they haven't quite got the balance right yet.

Both teams are not dissimilar, like to offload, players push up out the back, Hunt for the Broncos and Pearce for the Roosters, Pearce even gets into second receiver sometimes to be able to unleash bigger guys outside or inside him coming out of exits. Roosters play between their forward more and better than the Broncos.

If on those exits sets your 3 and 2 in don't push up too, they go straight there and exploit it.

Abs people say NRL is just "barge and push" "No set plays and less structured" pfft

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Yes.

I have messaged you on FB. There should only be one device registered on the account, so you should be good to go. And well, if you keep using it after the game, more winning for you... ;-)

What a fucking champion

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Guys, win or lose tonight. . Just know you're all pretty awesome coming on here and getting together to discuss our beloved team.

It's been a great and successful year. Let's not forget every player in the team's contribution to get us here this year. They've all played a positive and contributing role in our success.

Whether it's copley fapping or reed hating or even the other way round. . Every player has done their part all year and played with their maroon and gold hearts on their sleeves (right under the first mac logo)

We are the Broncos

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Seriously, it's been a fucking decade since we were outright first and playing top teams - GET EXCITED!

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
How can anyone say Thaiday VS JWH earlier this year was a battle and that neither player took a backwards step? It was complete and utter domination on Thaiday's behalf. JWH wasn't even in the fight.

Active Now

• BooKhaki
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncorob
  • Jedhead
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • scobie
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.