Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

They were actually rocking that formation on kick returns. Roberts would retreat the moment the ball was kicked and went to the back, but outside Kahu. Kahu would go to the line and try to commit the defensive line before giving it to Jet. Didn't result in any breaks but it did yield good metres and very fast PTB's.

Yeah this, it was pretty obviously a ploy to try and get Roberts in space, and against tired stretched defence I can see it paying off. Either Roberts will get on the outside or Kahu will break through. Either way = excellent!

Watching the game again. 31 minutes in and there's already been 4 obvious bad referee calls against us and 1 other 50/50 that went the Roosters way.

I hope the boys are ready to play the finals series against not just the other 7 teams but the referees too.

Someone mentioned that Opacic seems to prefer going for the legs at all times. It seems like its true. I hope they dont exploit it closer to our line in big matches.

Someone mentioned that Opacic seems to prefer going for the legs at all times. It seems like its true. I hope they dont exploit it closer to our line in big matches.
I think his technique might change if the opposition is close to our try line.

Is it me or does Roberts look like whenever he gets the ball he's in panic mode?

I think this is a good point, and I actually think it also applies a fair bit to Milford - how else do you explain his odd decisions?

As someone else posted, I feel Kahu's classy, cool, calm and collected self is just what Roberts needs, and Roberts on Kahu's outside is a very clever and effective tactic.

As for Milford, Wayne or whoever needs to tell him to settle down and create something patiently rather than hop, skip, jump, pirouette, pas de deux, goose step all at once to try to make a break.

Relax Milf, and your class will take care of itself.

Last edited:
Nobody is really talking about the bad calls that go against us because we are winning again. When Tupou knocked it back into the field from the kick for touch, not only did it go forward off his hands but every other player was in front of him and offside. Yet it's being promoted as one of his few good plays of the night.

Part of the license they've been given, if they played under Bellamy they'd be given a very certain set of instructions to adhere to for the most part.

That kind of individual brilliance has won us plenty of games though.

I think this is a good point, and I actually think it also applies a fair bit to Milford - how else do you explain his odd decisions?

As someone else posted, I feel Kahu's classy, cool, calm and collected self is just what Roberts needs, and Roberts on Kahu's outside is a very clever and effective tactic.

As for Milford, Wayne or whoever needs to tell him to settle down and create something patiently rather than hop, skip, jump, pirouette, pas de deux, goose step all at once to try to make a break.

Relax Milf, and your class will take care of itself.

Agree, Kahu has been enormous for us. Think their combo will pay dividends, we're seeing glimpses of that now.

2006 reunion last night at Gambaros. Only players missing Hannant, Carroll, Boyd and Thaiday.

Lockyer the party planner.

Last edited:

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.