Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

S

sus

QCup Player
Aug 20, 2013
My memory could be wrong..

But that's the first time we have come back from a 14 point deficit and won since that famous game against the Bulldogs.

We've come close to breaking the record (18 points) a few times, but just haven't been able to get the win.

holy. ****.

**rubs hands together**

S

sus

QCup Player
Aug 20, 2013
fucking thrilled with that

naturally pretty shitty viewing but those sydney grubs (rorters.. not just the refs) obviously had an axe to grind and one eye on mad monday, and like culwch & pwalfie said the game plan was obvsly to absorb it as best as possible and not play our cards before next week

admittedly without those injuries the scoreline mightve been a little different but i cant help but feel we'd still have pegged em back

highlight was the kicking, the first try was a great eye despite the flukey outcome but that defensive set where we kicked to the corner and for one or two sets hammered back on their 10m showed we can still turn them screws

omg omg omg finals omg...

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I can't help but think Jimmy should be inside Oates and playing outside Milf.

Nope
That left hand side has a good working combo. Roberts fails to pass the ball at the best of times. Oates would never get it if he was outside him. If anything, Roberts should go to the wing and Kahu to the centres. He atleast knows how to throw a pass.

B

BRC088

QCup Player
Feb 7, 2012
Can fox put at least one mic directed at the press in the conferences, or subtitle the questions. I know my hearing is bad, but not that bad.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Nope
That left hand side has a good working combo. Roberts fails to pass the ball at the best of times. Oates would never get it if he was outside him. If anything, Roberts should go to the wing and Kahu to the centres. He atleast knows how to throw a pass.

They were actually rocking that formation on kick returns. Roberts would retreat the moment the ball was kicked and went to the back, but outside Kahu. Kahu would go to the line and try to commit the defensive line before giving it to Jet. Didn't result in any breaks but it did yield good metres and very fast PTB's.

Last edited:
Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015
I was worried watching the warm up that they didn't look switched on and it carried on into the game. Thankfully the urgency picked up when they found themselves down 14 blot and I hope they learn from that. Form can disappear very quickly and in the finals you have to be on for the whole 80 minutes. I'm confident next week we will see a much better performance. I must say Wayne is teasing us with TPJ. I can't wait to see him play more minutes. Absolute superstar in the making.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Plenty to work on, but the boys are in a pretty good place, 5 straight wins, sitting in the top 4 if not temporarily, and the lowest we can fall is 5th. Get ready for finals footy.

We can drop lower.

We can drop to 6th.

If Bulldogs beat Rabbitohs by 45 points.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Wayne is doing what Wayne does with TPJ like what he has done with all young props. Introduce them slowly into the grade and make sure that they know their role. He rips them off if the make silly mistakes or give away silly penalties to let them know they need to earn their minutes starting off. He doesn't care about how much of a star in the 20s you were. This is the big time and reputations don't count for squat. In the end, it might take a little bit longer to develop him but like always, it will be fully worth it.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I was worried watching the warm up that they didn't look switched on and it carried on into the game. Thankfully the urgency picked up when they found themselves down 14 blot and I hope they learn from that. Form can disappear very quickly and in the finals you have to be on for the whole 80 minutes. I'm confident next week we will see a much better performance. I must say Wayne is teasing us with TPJ. I can't wait to see him play more minutes. Absolute superstar in the making.
TPJ would not have blown out a candle when he came off. He was spent. WB is building him up to better minutes

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Can fox put at least one mic directed at the press in the conferences, or subtitle the questions. I know my hearing is bad, but not that bad.

I think they should subtitle Wayne Bennett.

kat00

kat00

NYC Player
Apr 25, 2014
I can't help but think Jimmy should be inside Oates and playing outside Milf.

I used to think that but our right side attack has improved big time over the last month.
Earlier in the year it seemed like they went left every play but it is starting to balance out.

The most impressive part of last night was the defense, In one set the roosters made 15mtrs, pretty much the same as they did to the dogs late in that game.

Kahuh is a under rated player he doese some good stuff on that right edge. Tom Op has stiffened up the left side.
Good to see Roberts rising to the occasion and Wallace had his best game of the year. The whole side looks awesome.

There were genuine excuses for all the losses in the middle of the season. The only time I lost faith was with the Penrith loss, by christ that was an ugly loss.
Looks like the old coach has timed the teams run to perfection and I'd say another Broncs v NQ GF. How sweet would revenge be.

R

Rhino1001

QCup Player
Sep 26, 2015
It has been years since I have read a RLW, but do these guys even watch the games, seriously!

Five things we learned from Broncos v Roosters - Rugby League Week

Hunt was the main reason we made a comeback and Milford was woeful last night. Clearly they have just looked at the missed tackles and gone, "yeah **** it, this will do... Bring me another pie".[/FONT][/COLOR]

Just had a look on NRL.com it said he only 4 missed tackles all game. lol. While Hunt didn't set up any tries, like you said he was the main reason for the comeback, from keeping the defenders guessing, some beautiful passes, great one on one strips and some great kicks to the corner.

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
Get your pencils out finals fans, here's the schedule for next weekend's Week 1 finals draw:
1 v 4: Friday night 7:30pm
2 v 3: Saturday night 6pm
5 v 8: Saturday night 8pm
6 v 7: Sunday afternoon 4pm
The 5 v 8 and 6 v 7 games will swap if Brisbane finish fifth, as Suncorp Stadium is unavailable Saturday night.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
That play when hunt kicked deep and chased hard himself was awesome to see. He has the potential to be captain one day. Nothing like a good kick chase to lift the energy.

Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup

NRL Player
Mar 21, 2016
I used to think that but our right side attack has improved big time over the last month.
Earlier in the year it seemed like they went left every play but it is starting to balance out.

The most impressive part of last night was the defense, In one set the roosters made 15mtrs, pretty much the same as they did to the dogs late in that game.

Kahuh is a under rated player he doese some good stuff on that right edge. Tom Op has stiffened up the left side.
Good to see Roberts rising to the occasion and Wallace had his best game of the year. The whole side looks awesome.

There were genuine excuses for all the losses in the middle of the season. The only time I lost faith was with the Penrith loss, by christ that was an ugly loss.
Looks like the old coach has timed the teams run to perfection and I'd say another Broncs v NQ GF. How sweet would revenge be.
Sweet indeed. The worst part about losing the Grand Final was people saying at least a Queensland team won.
I was livid, shattered.
Absolute treason.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Positives: We beat a quality opposition who had come to play. Napa, JWH, Guerra - they were up for it.

Oates breaking the game open. Milford actually closing a line break into a try.

Opening intensity. Our A-team forwards go out there to blitz the other team. Our B-side, with Glenn and Wallace is then quality and energy off the bench.

Hunt playing with aggression.

Negatives: Everything else really. God we dropped a lot of ball. Milford is just a headcase still.

Played like we had our eyes on week 1 of the finals.

We will be much more focussed next week. Could be our last game of the season.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Ronald
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.