Suncorp Stadium

Thursday
Night
19:50

Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would actually be great to see both teams without all their superstars run out next week. Our depth shits all over theirs, we'd pump them! Good way for the young guys to learn they're not unbeatable, and put the fear of God into the young Storm players.

The Broncos need to find a balance. If they trot out a QCup team and get 50 put on them that's their season. However if they use their bench wisely and name a competitive squad it could be a really good hit out before the finals.

I'm expecting Kotoni Staggs to be hit with a Grade 3 Dangerous Contact charge. It would be his first offence of the season so he'll likely miss two weeks.

If the Broncos are lucky, he may only receive a Grade 2 which would be a week and after his performance against the Raiders he could do with a spell.
Grade 3? That's a bit excessive. But when they put out that bullshit charge against Latrell you may be right

I wouldn't be writing the cows off just yet against Penrith.
Parra offer a blueprint to beat those bastards, Penrith hate sides fighting back and you can bet your balls the cows will throw the kitchen sink at them next week.

We just need to win. Who cares if we play the Storm again?

That being said, we can still face the Rabbits or Sharks in week one if results go their way. Could purely come down to points differential between Sharks and Storm.

literally nothing makes me want to lose to the Storm. in fact I'd love nothing more than to kick the shit out of them next week ... then back that up in week one of the finals and kick the shit out of them again ... only for them to recover and make the grand final, ready to receive another ass kicking from us
Fuckin aye.

I want our full strength deployed against these scumbags.
Finals be damned, Storm must lose.

Honestly im so on the fence about this game.
I know we should rest some blokes for the finals, but i want to beat the Storm almost as much as winning the GF.

If Sharks win against Knights we can basically push storm out of the top 4 with a good win.

Fuckin aye.

I want our full strength deployed against these scumbags.
Finals be damned, Storm must lose.

Honestly im so on the fence about this game.
I know we should rest some blokes for the finals, but i want to beat the Storm almost as much as winning the GF.

I don't think we can go full strength even if we wanted too.

Reynolds and Carrigan likely out. Staggs to miss a week. Walsh might miss a week as well to rest that knee (hoping its nothing too bad).

Staggs charged with grade 2. He misses this game. No Reynolds, Staggs or Carrigan. Big outs. Not confident at all

here are the GF perks + prize money the boys are playing for in this game:

1) Record prize money of $200,000
2) Choice of grand final jersey nomination
3) Able to select dressing room on grand final day
4) Choice of captain’s run time
5) Coin Toss call
6) Run second onto the field to start the game

here are the GF perks + prize money the boys are playing for in this game:

1) Record prize money of $200,000
2) Choice of grand final jersey nomination
3) Able to select dressing room on grand final day
4) Choice of captain’s run time
5) Coin Toss call
6) Run second onto the field to start the game
I wonder what the cap implications are for the $200k. Could, hypothetically; the team agree to donate 100k straight to Oatesy to thank him for his years of service?

They're going to have to revise the rewards for finishing top spot.

200k for a club like us, that's loose change. DD will find that down the back of one of the couches in the Leagues Club somewhere if he cares to look.

Potentially our first minor premiership in 23 years, and we have to go through Melbourne...

The footy gods certainly have a sense of humor.
Look at the draw over last few years, we always seem to cop top tier teams in last couple rounds.but this time it will be our turn to beat them up ..injuries and suspensions allowing.
BTW…any word on Stags outcome for that “ accidental elbo”

Look at the draw over last few years, we always seem to cop top tier teams in last couple rounds.but this time it will be our turn to beat them up ..injuries and suspensions allowing.
BTW…any word on Stags outcome for that “ accidental elbo”

1 week with an early guilty plea, which I am 100% certain we'll take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Swordfish
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • The True King
  • Mister Wright
  • RolledOates
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
  • jarro65
  • mitch222
  • Harry Sack
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.