Bluebet Stadium

Thursday
Night
19:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madden will be the 7 if Reynolds is out and I like it, there’s something there with him and he also has speed to burn. I think he could really walk with Mam and Walsh.

Madden obviously isn’t Reynolds but if we play to his strengths, not many teams will be able to go with our speed as we saw even last night. Madden would add to that.

Going to be a tough two weeks, Panthers and Storm away... Will be revealing.

We got lucky with Arey and the 3 year contract the first time.. Rolling the dice on a two year contract, which is what this one year extension effectively is, still has to play out, maybe they can medically retire him if a long term injury and transition to coaching earlier? Corey is looking for a run if they need another player I read.

Just means we should have easier games to look forward to after.
Yeah during origin when we play the shit teams at full strength with no origin players. Isn't it just convenient we always draw the warriors away during an origin game and teams like the tigers and dragons.

Yeah during origin when we play the shit teams at full strength with no origin players. Isn't it just convenient we always draw the warriors away during an origin game and teams like the tigers and dragons.
Plus we only play all bottom tier teams once. Just a coincidence I'm sure.... Meanwhile sharks get to play titans, dogs, dragons, and tigers twice.

Plus we only play all bottom tier teams once. Just a coincidence I'm sure.... Meanwhile sharks get to play titans, dogs, dragons, and tigers twice.
I dont know which team is gifted more easier draws every year. Its either the sharks or knights. You could possibly throw the cowboys in aswell.

I dont know which team is gifted more easier draws every year. Its either the sharks or knights. You could possibly throw the cowboys in aswell.
Cows for sure... sharks have been given easy draws only recently... cows have been getting them since a Foran knock on went against them like 15yr ago

Only way you can do that fairly is to play every other team twice ... So we're talking 33 matches plus finals plus origins plus international matches ... That's too much

How about each team must play each other twice if they only played once the previous year? I'm sure there could also be a rule of only playing a team twice x amount of times over x amount of seasons.

Only way you can do that fairly is to play every other team twice ... So we're talking 33 matches plus finals plus origins plus international matches ... That's too much

That's the only way to be truly fair, yes. But you could play everyone once, and then the remaining games are seeded on the previous year's results. Means if Cronulla (for example) finished in the top eight one year, the next they play more games against other top eight opponents.

Or if there were an even number of teams you could have permanent divisions based around geography and/or rivalry, and you play your division and another division rotating on a yearly basis a second time - similar to the NFL. That way you get two rivalry games each year, which are arguably good for ratings/crowd numbers and therefore satisfies the networks and clubs, but also an element of randomness in terms of quality of the other repeat opponents.

I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to do it to. Like an actually random draw...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.