vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Warriors jersey numbers, it burns!

Jensen and Gamble are reserves. Which is interesting.

Meanwhile Paix, Brenko Lee, Mam, Pereira & Quai Ward are named at the Magpies, Sat 4pm at Sunshine Coast:

Size wise? Assuming you wouldn't play Lee?
2 genuine forwards just bothers me. I don't see Brenko in the back row. I fear we are going to be seeing Payne and Patty playing a long time again. Not against Lee tbh, but I don't see where he fits.

It's hardly a compliment though
He can be the 20th best 9 in the NRL, he is still our best. Dropping someone for the sake of it when you don't have anyone better is idiotic.

Our team really looks bad, but so does the Warriors. Flip a coin for this one.

He can be the 20th best 9 in the NRL, he is still our best. Dropping someone for the sake of it when you don't have anyone better is idiotic.

Our team really looks bad, but so does the Warriors. Flip a coin for this one.
When you consider the Storm have 2 of the best 9’s in the comp and other teams like the Raiders have 2 genuine 9’s as well, 20th actually sounds about right.

We have a game this weekend.

Just win ffs.

Walsh = Niu
Montoya > Oates
Pompey < Staggs
Arthars < Farnworth
Kosi > Cobbo
CHT = Kelly
Johnson > Reynolds
AFB = James
Egan = Turpin
Lodge = Haas
Aitken = Palasia
Curran < Rabati
Tevaga > Carrigan

Nikorima < Flegler
Katoa < Hetherington
Afoa < Walters
BMM < Lee

Broncos have a "greater" bench, otherwise looks pretty even.

I don't have a whole lot of hope for this game given we've lost 3 second rowers leading into the game... noting as well that our 2nd row depth appears to be limited to 4 players across the whole squad.

We're a pretty shit defensive team as it is and edge back rowers play an important part in any functional defensive structure.... we've just lost the two guys that were there all preseason, and don't seem to have any other guy in the squad that can play the position for 80mins let along be a defensive anchor out there.

If we were coming in full strength I would give us a better chance as the warriors don't seem to be playing all that well to start the year, but things that could help us
- Redcliffe isn't really an away game
- Warriors don't seem to play with a crazy line speed, which is what killed us against cows... but every team seems to have an 8m defensive line against the broncos #penaltybroncos
- SJ coming back from a hamstring injury probably sees someone else doing the bulk of the kicking... although that will be Walsh and he seems to have the makings of a decent boot (he likes to give it a whack rather than finesse it down to a position...i.e. I expect to see him throw up a lot of torp bombs)
- Nathan Brown is their coach
- Warriors fans on the cross forum discussion don't seem at all confident about any game they're involved in
- Is Redcliffe actually a home game for warriors??
- Lodge might be reckless... whether it's penalised or not, who knows
- Hopefully our forward pack can give Reynolds some room to kick us to field position
- Walsh's mind looks a little distracted... although he is a former bronco so I expect him to tear us apart

Walsh = Niu
Montoya > Oates
Pompey < Staggs
Arthars < Farnworth
Kosi > Cobbo
CHT = Kelly
Johnson > Reynolds
AFB = James
Egan = Turpin
Lodge = Haas
Aitken = Palasia
Curran < Rabati
Tevaga > Carrigan

Nikorima < Flegler
Katoa < Hetherington
Afoa < Walters
BMM < Lee

Walsh = Niu... what fucking world are you living in

My initial thoughts on the rankings would be as per below:
Walsh >>>> Niu (Walsh is light years better... not even close... a distracted Walsh at 50% still runs circles around Tesi)
Montoya < Oates (Oates meters are more valuable... I've not seen much in Montoya)
Pompey <<< Staggs (Staggs with some decent ball is just miles better)
Arthars < Farnworth (not really close... Herbie way better)
Kosi < Cobbo (Cobbo more athletic ability and I think warriors would take Cobbo over Kosi everyday of the week)
CHT < Kelly (CHT has done bugger all this year... and he's looking for a contract... no idea why Knik isn't starting)
Johnson = Reynolds (debateable... Reynolds kicking game is far superior to SJ's)
AFB >>>> James (AFB is miles better... not even close)
Egan > Turpin (Egan is limited, but at least he can jag a try from within 5m)
Lodge <<< Haas (Not even close ... Haas is miles better)
Aitken >> Palasia (Aitken is waaaay better than Palasia... who is a part time second rower nowadays... not even sure if Palasia will play the 80)
Curran >>>> Rabati (Curran is miles better)
Tevaga < Carrigan (Carrigan is better overall, but Jazz is good at getting quick ptb's and keeping the roll on going in the middle... he doesn't get to play a lot of minutes nowadays, but a middle forward that finds his front and works a quick ptb is an absolute killer for our non-existent ruck defence)

Nikorima > Walters (Knik should be compared to our hooker back up, not number to number.... I'd have Knik better, but it becomes dependent on who is winning the forward battle to know which bench utility gets the momentum to work off)
Katoa < Hetherington (different roles in the squad, but I agree that Kobe is better... Katoa seems to have no work rate. he might work as impact off the bench though)
Afoa < Flegler (Flegler should be better than Bunty who has started the year slow... if penalty magnet Flegler turns up then he's not better than anyone)
BMM >> Lee (if we're talking about position i.e. Brenko having to play in the forwards... then BMM is miles better)

Overall I think Walsh is the difference in the spine, which to me is massive... Walsh will be at least confident under the high ball... whereas I have zero faith in Tesi.

Walsh's biggest issue is goal line defence, but our hooker is a spud who has no idea how to setup his forwards inside the 10m to take advantage of it.... even though he's got a 120kg athletic wrecking ball wearing the 10 jersey.

Our backs are better (excluding spine players), but they need the ball to play well

Hass and Carrigan are better, but AFB and Lodge will be aggressive to try and throw them off their game... and their second row is miles better than ours.

Our bench middles are better and Knik vs Billy will come down to who wins the forward battle.

I've got warriors ahead, because they have Walsh... but if either side doesn't turn up then they could get flogged. If both teams turn up we may have enough class in the middle forwards to lay a platform for Reynolds and get good ball to Staggs to overcome the Walsh handicap against us

I don't know why you mentioned post contact metres. He doesn't even get pre contact metres. For all the go forward he's provided he may as well just drop to the ground when he receives the pass. 107 metres in 107 minutes . Absolutely appalling and surely the worst in the league. Perhaps starting will help.

I mentioned it because that`s his play .
Meet contact - get to the ground quick - up quick - play the ball .

Doesn`t impress me either . But that`s what he does . Think Sam Thaiday ?

Walsh = Niu
Montoya > Oates
Pompey < Staggs
Arthars < Farnworth
Kosi > Cobbo
CHT = Kelly
Johnson > Reynolds
AFB = James
Egan = Turpin
Lodge = Haas
Aitken = Palasia
Curran < Rabati
Tevaga > Carrigan

Nikorima < Flegler
Katoa < Hetherington
Afoa < Walters
BMM < Lee

This is a ghee up, surely !

You're all gonna feel silly when you get @Alec 's joke.

Game day!!! Warriors are crap. Walsh can't tackle. Just hold the ball and keep the game at their end and we'll be fine. Time to get our for and against back up!

Broncos 57 - Warriors 4

Walsh = Niu
Montoya > Oates
Pompey < Staggs
Arthars < Farnworth
Kosi > Cobbo
CHT = Kelly
Johnson > Reynolds
AFB = James
Egan = Turpin
Lodge = Haas
Aitken = Palasia
Curran < Rabati
Tevaga > Carrigan

Nikorima < Flegler
Katoa < Hetherington
Afoa < Walters
BMM < Lee

You’re shitting me with that list aren’t you?
Walsh > Tesi
Montoya = Oates
Pompey < Staggs
Arthars < Farnworth
Kosi < Cobbo
CHT > Kelly
Johnson < Reynolds
AFB > James
Egan = Turpin
Lodge < Haas
Aitken > Palasia (as second rowers)
Curran > Robati
Tevaga < Carrigan

Nikorima < Flegler
Katoa < Hetherington
Afoa < Walters
BMM < Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Rambstien
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Bish
  • Culhwch
  • Fatboy
  • LGH
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Cavalo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Ozired
  • Gaz
  • lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.