Friday
Night
19:00

Cowboys

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's tipping Cowboys.

Not surprised. This is a winnable game for us if we play to our potential, but the likely scenario is it's going to be like the Round 3 2022 game.
Was that the day Nanai had a field day up against Palasia on an edge? I’m fearing a rinse and repeat on Hunt.

If we are to win this, it will be on the back of a breakout performance from Tristan Sailor.

Like last week was make or break for Jock Madden (he broke), this week all eyes will be on Sailor. If we're reading about him Friday morning, and it's not about how many tackles he missed, it might be his first steps to being our interim Reynolds' successor until Black matures.

Go Tristan!

9. Robson (Cowboys) by a looooooooooooooooooooong way, made even longer by how bad Billy is going

14. Smoothy (Broncos) Granville is over the hill but again, this is a coin toss
Keep up the good work.

If hass were to run off the back fence for any close to the line crash play, he scores 9 times our of 10, but I dont think I have ever seen the broncos try this.

I am not a fan of the pass inside move (that mozer and te kura use a lot). Against qcup this may work, but nrl goal line defence is 100 times better, and there are usually a lot of defenders in this area. Face balls from the hooker would work best.
Had the same thought. Everyone wants to see that combo in the Broncos.

99% of the reason there's buzz about Te Kura is his height. But, other than he and Mozer's signature move, he still looks a kid who hasn't quite come to grips with his size.

Payne, on the other hand, 5 Paul Morgan Medals in hand, still looks like he's cruising. It ***** my head sideways why the coach's son isn't putting him across the line twenty times every match.

Spine of Walsh/Sailor/Mam/Walters

10-12 errors per game, and zero organizational skills. Hard pass on Sailor being anything other than an occasional back up fullback.
10-12 tries per game. Seat of your pants stuff, every one.

My main point of difference with this time last year, is at face value - fitness. Beginning of last season, the guys were like demons possessed in the last 20 and we just rode home over the top of other teams very consistently in the first half of the year. I hope they didn't back off on conditioning this year, aiming to get it right for finals - causing us to drop games we won last year and potentially also increasing our injury risk.

I don't think it is really our fault though. Playing the GF and then the internationals shortened the front end of preseason. Then the stupid trip to Vegas shortened the back end of preseason. Throw in some injuries on top and not as much depth as last year, it isn't surprising unfortunately.

I might not be able to sleep tonight
I'm looking forward to the Roosters and Penrith hopefully maiming each other tonight. That will help anyone sleep peacefully.

Not season ending injuries (I'm not evil), just some 6-8 week ones to their fullbacks, forwards, halves, etc.

I can't help but feel we will get smashed. Just not feeling it this season for either the Broncs or the Lions.
Hard to write us off this early when we’ve had to play two likely top 4 sides in the first 3 rounds and have been absolutely ravaged with injuries (but no season ending injuries, which is a silver lining).

Even if we lose to the march premiers this week I think the nucleus of our side come the end of the season is premiership quality, especially if we can get a motivated tpj into the side to cover Flegler’s missing
aggression. It looks likely that we’re going to have to do it the hard way outside of the top 2, however :(

I don't think it is really our fault though. Playing the GF and then the internationals shortened the front end of preseason. Then the stupid trip to Vegas shortened the back end of preseason. Throw in some injuries on top and not as much depth as last year, it isn't surprising unfortunately.
An early season bye would've been handy this year... something the club probably should've looked out for with Vegas, shortened preseason, etc.

At least we've got the round 13 bye this year, instead of 16 like last year... the boys look like they need a bye to reset.

Just need some consistency in the lineups for at least a few weeks in a row.

I think with Oates and Hunt playing this week that we're already up to 22 players 4 rounds in. We used 29 last year, but 4 of those were 1 gamers in Rd 27 for the mass resting game... so we basically used 25 all of last year.

Keen to see sailor with a extended run at fb should go alright he is no walsh but still offers a big play here and there when he is on

Add to that there wouldnt be alot of tape on him and the shapes he runs

Everyone's tipping Cowboys.

Not surprised. This is a winnable game for us if we play to our potential, but the likely scenario is it's going to be like the Round 3 2022 game.
Reynolds coming back is a massive plus provided he plays like he did last year and not as he has in 2024.

Hey all,
I'm currently on a cruise ship in the south pacific where Kayo doesn't work, does anyone have any safe and reliable streaming sites for this round?
TIA

I think we are going to go alright.
Our 2 loses this year Roosters and Penrith both those teams are looking at top 4 come end of year and they played good against us.
We lost a player early in both games causing a reshuffle and players playing out of position.
We played Penrith missing our 3 best.
And in our 2 loses we didn't get flogged.
Our one win we played like shit and still got the job done.
Cowboys are 3 from 3. Scraped home against the Knights and put some points on the Dolphins and Dragons. Dragons game they were getting carved up early.
Knights are a mid table team and Dolphins, Dragons will be battling to get in the 8.

Form goes out the window for this one.
Our position on the ladder isn't a reflection of our team and the Cowboys have had a good run to start the year.
Haven't been able to get a good read on both teams to start the year.

10-12 tries per game. Seat of your pants stuff, every one.
as long as you score more than the other team you win and that is all that matters.

Get a VPN. Download UBlock Origin extension for Firefox. Go to Buffstreams.sx > Rugby.
Enjoy. Streams are usually reliable. Popups are blocked by Ublock
Thanks mate, it looks like 1 of the 2 sport channels does show the games. Crisis averted 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • RolledOates
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncos4life
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Painin the Haas
  • kman
  • Midean
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.