Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
19:00

Cowboys

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what bars will be open near the stadium after the game tomorrow? I'm apparently not great at Google since I can't seem to find out.
Unfortunately The Caxton is closed. @pennywisealfie Guys remember win lose or draw they are still our team

All I'm saying is the Broncos have a long way to go this season. The season isn't over in round 4.

I'm concerned with our style of football. The park football style.
Abit hard to judge the team on what we've seen in 3 games with make shift line ups in 2 of them games.
Cleary had one of his best games of his career last week and we had 2 of our best out and lost Walsh in the first 5 mins, had backrowers playing in the centres for 75mins and I wouldn't say we got schooled by them.
We got beaten by a better team not schooled, completely different story if we're full strength.

Billy Walters is bloody hopeless and so overrated by our Broncos community. There wouldn't be another team in the NRL that would be happy to bring in Walters and the only reason, he is playing NRL is because of his father.

yet he is still 10 times better than Paix ... so again I ask why you want to weaken our team

if we were serious about a redemption year we shouldn’t have gone to Vegas. Billy Walters was on a extended holiday touring the LA Rams facilities. No wonder he seems underdone. The team just doesn’t have that steely focus like last year.
I also thought Vegas was a mistake. The boys going and meeting cheerleaders and having a half-holiday just on the start of the season is stupid for focus. They're still trained athletes, but focus is key at that level.

I also thought Vegas was a mistake. The boys going and meeting cheerleaders and having a half-holiday just on the start of the season is stupid for focus. They're still trained athletes, but focus is key at that level.
I’m pretty sure some of them were at universal studios the week of the Vegas game. I remember thinking to myself how are they staying focused.

Walters has been awful this year, there are no two ways about it and it is such a shame because he was so good last year. He deserves a couple more shots but he will need to improve in doing so otherwise the knives will well and truly be out.. they already were when he was going great.

Very big concerns after watching Penrith and Rooster's game. Both teams schooled Broncos, but Penrith without Cleary, made Rooster's look stupid.
We would've smashed the rorters if Piakura didn't get injured.

We were down by a score heading into the final 15 mins... despite the terrible call to move Patty out of the middle.

Billy Walters is bloody hopeless and so overrated by our Broncos community. There wouldn't be another team in the NRL that would be happy to bring in Walters and the only reason, he is playing NRL is because of his father.

Thanks for that, it's like the 53rd time you've expressed your view on Billy.

Not really a valid criticism though is it, he could play an incredible game and your stance would remain the same, as your criticism has nothing to do with his ability as a footballer.

if we win and Tristan has a good game I'll change my profile pic to reflect my trust in the boy.

IT'S GAMEDAY!

NRL2024BHQGamedayRound4

This game and the next few weeks will be very interesting for the shape of our season. Not so much from a results point of view, it's a long season. But more from the shape of our top 17, our depth, and our resilience and effort/desire point of view.

If sailor kills it and Oates does well what do we do with our bench? If jaiyden hunt does well does he squeeze onto our bench to pace piakura + 2nd row back up throughout the year? Or will he show us that we need to get a 2nd rower on the market straight away. Will smoothy or walters swap or even 1 be dropped some of the above happens. Does baker make way once haas is back if his form continues to drop? Maybe 1 more injury and te kura makes his way in and shows he is ready. Lots of questions to be answered and very interesting (although frustrating) next few weeks to shape our season.

Meh. Just not feeling it for Broncs and Lions right now.

Last night should be seen as inspiration.
Penrith missing Cleary, Fish and Sorensen is very similar to us with Walsh, Haas and Piakura. No excuses or negativity. Next man up mentality and they transitioned seamlessly and beat a better opponent than who we are facing.

If our aim is to be on the same pedestal as them, then our system should support the boys who are stepping in and let's get rid of all of the excuses.

This is our Derby to lose. Fire up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • ezpz
  • Waynesaurus
  • phoenix
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Rookie Alan
  • Skyblues87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Big Del
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • broncs30
  • RolledOates
  • bb_gun
  • broncotville
  • Santa
... and 53 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.