# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
giphy.gif

I thought this was very poor from Boyd. He had plenty of time to react to Angus taking the run and at least attempt to get in the way.

Avoids contact at all costs.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
giphy.gif

I thought this was very poor from Boyd. He had plenty of time to react to Angus taking the run and at least attempt to get in the way.
Worst captain broncos have ever had, I also really liked the soft attempt from glen there if you could call that an attempt,Since when did they forget to tackle the legs as well?

BrentTatesChin

BrentTatesChin

QCup Player
Jul 30, 2016
Reason's as to why a club should still have a 30yr + fullback.

1. If he's Billy Slater

Boyd provides fucking nothing. Nothing in attack, defence, leadership or game control.

Ive never wished injury on any of our players, but **** me I hope he does his hammy or acl.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Assuming there are no mass changes for next week and we go on to lose, I genuinely think that White, Seibold & Darius (our captain..apparently) should call a presser.
What we turned out last night (and if it continues,) along with what Boyd and the rest of this “leadership group” are displaying week in, week out, fans, sponsors and members deserve an internal explanation as to what is going on, and why we are going backwards since last season, and getting worse as we progress through this season.
We are the richest club, we are a one club town, we have the best facilities in the league, we have the biggest crowds, we have the only 7 day consistent turn around of any club in the league yet we are absolute rubbish. We deserve to know what’s going on. We have a captain that genuinely looks uninterested, he refuses to make tackles and for mine that is the worst display of any bronco I can recall in the last 2years. Darius needs to be called out, he needs to be held accountable.
We have halves that couldn’t organise themselves breakfast of a morning, a 9 that looks like he has run a 25km marathon before every game. It’s just not good enough.

Last weeks lose hurt, but this weeks is probably the most painful loss I can recall in recent memory - yes, for mine worse then last years finals loss against the dragons taking into account the talk/instability around the club and coach at the time.

It’s pathetic, we deserve an explanation.

Last edited:
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
On tonight’s efforts, I think Sua
I have a feeling Wolfie will have his wish and Patty will come in for Sua

I think Haas will come in as well for TPJ if he's suspended or Flegler... not suggesting Flegler is rubbish, but he's a bit loose in defence and it doesn't seem like Seibold trusts him just yet.

What I expect
14. Staggs (if not starting at centre)
15. Fifi
16. Carrigan
17. Haas

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Worst captain broncos have ever had, I also really liked the soft attempt from glen there if you could call that an attempt,Since when did they forget to tackle the legs as well?

Yep, Boyd is a worse captain than Parker.

Kevvie, if you love the Broncos then please pick Boyd for Origin.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Kevvie has dodged a bullet, this squad would have killed his NRL coaching career.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Our biggest problem besides the shit defence is that we have no right to spread the ball when we try to. We need to straighten up and play up the middle before we earn the right to spread the ball. And that left hand side shouldn't be the only side we go down either. The right hand side can be just as dangerous in attack if given the chance. But we can only go up the middle if the forwards pull their finger out of their ass' and decide to have a crack.

Nepal Donkeys

Nepal Donkeys

NYC Player
Aug 17, 2015
It’s really disappointing because in a month under Seibold, we’ve shown nothing but regression. He has an opportunity to really put his stamp on the roster now and it’ll be interesting to see what he does. At the end of the day it’ll be his arse on the line so he better come up with some solutions quick smart.
- The ‘best young forwards in Broncos history’ have gotten absolutely worked over in 3/4 games this year. The only game they looked good was against the Cowboys, which is hardly a form line that stacks up at the moment. Lodge and Pangai have probably been the picks of the bunch, and Lodge has missed two games with Pangai making significant errors himself against the Dragons and Roosters. Ofahengaue has been utterly anonymous so far, Flegler isn’t ready yet for consistent first grade, and Su’A is a complete bust. Fifita and Gillett have been good, although Deibold hasn’t given either of them a consistent role yet.
- As in previous years, we do nothing to control the ruck. Against the Storm, Dragons and Roosters we have given up very cheap yardage through the middle and it has not been difficult for these teams to cross halfway. Again this comes to our middle forwards getting absolutely worked.
- Nikorima is absolute garbage. He’s either completely anonymous or putting in a terrible kick. He should have been dropped at the start of the year but now is the perfect opportunity. Should be playing 14, if at all. Sean O’Sullivan should be the halfback with immediate effect.
- The less said about Darius Boyd the better. He shouldn’t be captain and he shouldn’t be in the team. His performances and effort have been nothing short of disgraceful. It’s a shame that Isaako has been disgusting because he should have been firing to take that spot given Boyd’s form.
- Milford has been below his best, but his kicking game has been good and he’s the only one of our halves that has looked likely. Not worthy of the criticism for mine.
- For a supposed attacking genius, this team has no shape or structure and rarely threatens apart from kicks behind the line.
- Defensively we’re still awful.
- Mistakes should be the easiest thing to fix, and would make the biggest impact.

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
Our “best ever” forward pack was totally smashed last night by a forward pack with a couple of good players and a bunch of no names. They failed to bend the line and get over the advantage line.

Time and time again this team has shown that they are not willing to get into the trenches and play hard solid slog it out footy. If it’s not flashy they don’t want a part of it.

At what stage does consistent poor performances and a lack of desire or heart outweigh their potential or so called talent?

As a broncos supporter I’ve never been so gutted and pissed off at a football team as I am now.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Kevvie has dodged a bullet, this squad would have killed his NRL coaching career.

You mean the squad every pundit under the sun was raving about and had a lot of us predicting a top four finish?

That’s not to so it won’t happen, and hopefully it does.

Bennett was just clearly getting more out of his players than seibold has been able to so far

Last edited:
teampjta

teampjta

QCup Player
Apr 3, 2014
To be a bit positive on last nights game, we easily could have had 4 additional tries scored. Bird and shiba bombed 2 certain ones. Staggs easily would score his try on another night and I’m sure Oates could have scored as well from that pass that was out of his reach. So if these plays stuck we could have had 30 points.

Going to play devils advocate here, Roosters also bombed tries and missed a shit load of kicks. Isakoo would have missed all the conversions

Based on what could have been

Roosters 86
Broncos 20

Last edited:
Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
For the love of god, stop kicking early in sets. If we’re 18 in front, turn the screws. But we aren’t. We’re behind and I bet the last thing our forwards feel like doing after being hammered for 15mins is more goal line defence.

There's just a complete deficit of game awareness in this squad. And it doesn't even necessarily have to come from the halves - god knows if it hasn't happened for Milford by now, it's not going to suddenly hit him like a bolt of lightning, and while Niko is more than willing he's not a controlling half. But there needs to be someone in the team (preferably the captain, but yeah...) that can read the flow of the larger game and dictate play in response, not just within single sets but across multiple sets. I look at this squad from top to bottom and that player is just not there.

teampjta

teampjta

QCup Player
Apr 3, 2014

Wow, could you imagine if Kevvie was in charge with these results, BHQ would have literally exploded.

Dodged a firing range

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
There's just a complete deficit of game awareness in this squad. And it doesn't even necessarily have to come from the halves - god knows if it hasn't happened for Milford by now, it's not going to suddenly hit him like a bolt of lightning, and while Niko is more than willing he's not a controlling half. But there needs to be someone in the team (preferably the captain, but yeah...) that can read the flow of the larger game and dictate play in response, not just within single sets but across multiple sets. I look at this squad from top to bottom and that player is just not there.
Agreed, we're robotic but not in a good way. We're like call centre drones (for those that work in IT), the moment something goes off script we freeze, it does not compute because we only know what to do in specific situations, as soon as that changes we're fucked.

A perfect example last night was when we switched then reversed to Bird, who was 1 v 5 on the blind. There is no thought process to this apart from hey we were told to do this so let's give it a shot. There is no reading of the play or playing what's in front of you, just a regurgitation of a script.

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017
What I don't get is that we supposedly practised ball skills at higher than game pace all off season, yet most of what I've seen so far is dropped ball and fatigue....which is sort of self perpetuating, drop the ball, tackle more, get fatigued so drop the ball some more.

Some core ethos or mindset the Seibs is trying to instil is just not sinking in with the playing group. Whether it's an attitude thing or a footy intelligence thing I'm not sure. I'm leaning towards general attitude
  • We don't build pressure
  • There is no patience
  • There doesn't seem to be much trust in defence
  • Isaako has lost total confidence, which is very strange to me after the off season of articles and news clips of his work ethic and training. Where has it gone, what happened?
  • TPJ needs to put up or shut up. Late hits and charging out the line willy nilly do nothing but put the team under pressure.
  • Boyd needs to man up. Someone should make a video of his piss poor efforts and force him to watch it to see how embarrassing he looks. I certainly feel embarrassed as a supporter when I watch him remonstrate to the ref after not laying a hand on the opposing fullback. Maybe Boyd needs a month off to rest those legs and decide whether he wants to play the game any longer.
  • Fifita, Staggs, Bird, Flegler were all enthusiastic and get a pass from me. Lodge was his usual consistent self, which is great.
  • Offa, Glenn, Sua and Macca just seem to be playing in quicksand. There is no energy.
  • I'm not ready to drop Milf or Niko yet. If they had been playing for the Roosters last night, they also would have torn them up. We had so little ball.
It's almost like no one is having fun. I mean, they're being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play a game they supposedly love. Did the culture walk out of the door with Bennett/Thaiday/Moose/Kahu? Are the boys pissed off that they left or how they left?

I don't mind losing and I don't expect perfection. But I do expect effort and pride, both of which have been lacking. We put out the worst game in a long time against the Dragons (outside of the last game against the Dragons ><) and rather than come out and play as if our pride has been wounded, we follow it up with probably the worst game in the last few years.

Something stinks.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
giphy.gif

Holy hell that's bad.

Another one that got me fired up was the mid- field grubber that Keary regathered. Boyd made no attempt to get to the ball, and then no attempt to put any pressure on Keary. Instead he pulled up 10m short of the play and watched while Keary had all the time in the world to put in a second kick for his outside men.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Financeguy
  • Dee
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.