PRE-GAME Round 5 - Titans vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Milford needs to chose his timing better, challenge the opposition more by taking on the line and passing later, because he passes way too early at the moment.
Like BP said, he also needs to take on some kicking duties off Hunt, which will keep the opposition guessing and won't make Hunt that easy a target to pressure...

Ari - You and I both know that isn't going to change anytime soon, so it's more about making the most of the situation.

I 100% agree with what lynx and Porthoz have said.

I still don't know if we want Milford taking clearing kicks. He seems so uncomfortable with them.

His attacking kicks show promise but that's it.

Agree with both of you.

I want Milford to keep working on his short attacking kicks as I think they show a lot of promise and gives us another option inside the 20

As for clearing kicks Macca needs to do these more because he does them well and it will stop defences from pressuring hunt as much

Hunt doesn't exactly look comfortable with long distance kicks either, so I don't see any harm in asking Anthony to go long more than once or twice per game.

Put it this way, I'd much rather Milford than Parker kicking it. Even if Corey's kick did end up achieving a result, it sort of highlights where Anthony is going missing.

Last edited:
Really lookin forward to this one, hope we put a big score on them. Actually looking forward to seeing the incredible/predictable Hoffman dummy and step!! and then smashing him!! Ha... Especially after he's been talking crap. I'll be filthy if he has a blinder though!!

How many times should he run?

NRLStats.com have him down for 12 runs.

While Prozone (via Big League magazine) has him down for 16 runs.

So let's say it's 14 runs, that's actually more than Josh Hoffman who was used primarily as a running five eighth.

I don't think it's his running game that's letting him down. If anything, Milford needs to help Ben Hunt out more with the playmaking duties. Out of every half in the competition, none have put in as many kicks as Hunt. Considering his kicking game is considered a weakness, the stat is alarming and Milford really needs to take some of the pressure off Hunt.

The shape/structure of the team dictates in large part how and when Milford runs. It is for me not a question of how many times he runs, but how he runs and when.

Running and play making as a FB is different to playing in the halves. He still seems to be trying to get his head around the differences although it looks to me like things are starting to click. He does take on the line, and he has combined well with Glenn, as well as putting in some nice short kicks.

I think it won't be too long before he finds that timing P refers to, and I am sure I have seen him "long kick" well in the past. As many of us observe, it's just a matter of time.. so to speak.

As for working with Hunt, same thing. From what I have read, Bennett wants Milf to have more of a roving commission on both sides, standing deeper, and for mine, it's just a matter of time before Milford's combinations with Hunt and our back rowers start to gel.

I would like to see both Hunt and Milford develop a similar working relationship to what Pearce and Maloney have with the way the Roosters use Cordner and Guerra. I still don't believe we focus enough on our edge attack. Gillett and Glenn are for mine under utilised although again, Milford and Glenn seem to be working hard on fixing that. What I want to see now is a lot more quality ball to Gillett.

Despite my long held view that Milford would have served us best as FB, I can see him becoming a devastating 5/8 in the near future, and I am sure that Bennett is doing everything he can to make that happen.

Getting close to game time lads ,woohoo! Not too sure what to make of this game. Had been confident all week, but not so sure now. Was invited to a bit of get together with some of the Brissy base Titans supporters this morning and they are quietly confident of causing an upset against big brother Bronco tonite. Despite what many people on BHQ say, the titan supporters seem like a good/decent bunch of folk, not bogan at all. Also was great to finally meet up with Beadie in person {meant to say before i left at lunch today too mate if you readin this, i love the new titan car seat covers you got, look real good}

Any way lad, enjoy the game an may the best man win!

I think this will be agreat chance for our halves, to go out and dictate play . I think we will win and milf to have his best game as a bronco. Looking forward to garbutt debut

I'm guessing the plan was to start Wallace all week, just didn't want any of the added media pressure for the kid, and probably more added speculation that Thaiday was on the outer as well, well played Bennett.

I'm guessing the plan was to start Wallace all week, just didn't want any of the added media pressure for the kid, and probably more added speculation that Thaiday was on the outer as well, well played Bennett.

I tend to agree with you there, its not an uncommon tactic for coaches to take media attention away from a more inexperienced player making a stepup in a situation like this.

Meninga and Tallis are the only ones to tip the Titans in the CMs expert tips.

Tallis is now a Titan.

Haven't you seen the ad he is in, he is wearing his Titan shirt.

Good Wallace has looked very different this year. He looks strong, not just a big soft kid. There is potential, almost Webke in body type. One could only hope he could become that type of player

Tallis is now a Titan.

Haven't you seen the ad he is in, he is wearing his Titan shirt.

Yeah its the same with Myles for the GC Bulletin and Lockyer in the CM for the Broncos, play or work for a club they are going to pick them.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • LGH
  • Mr Fourex
  • Ozired
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Gaz
  • lynx000
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • Justwin
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Redux
  • Dash
  • LittleDavey
  • Scorchie
  • sooticus
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.