PRE-GAME Round 5 - Titans vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

i dont understand the obsession so many broncos fans have with vidot.

Because he's a big bugger and carries 2 or 3 defenders with him as he makes 10 metres + each run (which I really enjoy watching).

Wish some of our forwards did that up the middle as consistently as Vidot does it on the wing.

I'm looking forward to watching him play despite my reservations about him being a good winger. He's just great to watch as he runs the ball out.

Go Vidot, show him why you should stay!!!!

i dont understand the obsession so many broncos fans have with vidot.

I'd love to see him come off the bench. Can play Wing, Centre, 2nd Row and Prop if needed, not great defensively but gives several defenders a piggyback out of our own 20.

Just to throw some stats out there of previous performances..

Broncos

8 games
4 wins

Avg For: 21.25
Avg Against: 18.5

Average Tries For: 3.125
Average Tries Against: 3.25

Wayne Bennett

5 games
3 wins

Average For: 24.4
Average Against: 16.4

Average Tries For: 4
Average Tries Against: 3

C'mon Maranta. Make the fullback your position your own.

The only way we win, is if both hunt and Milford tear it up, and I've got a feeling Milford is gonna terrorise that left side.
They both have to step up without hodges and kahu master stroke! They have to!

Meninga and Tallis are the only ones to tip the Titans in the CMs expert tips.

Last edited:
As much as I don't rate him, I am weirdly interested to see how Maranta goes at fullback.

I don't think he'll let us down from a defensive standpoint (taking bombs, etc), but I do wonder what his input will be like in attack. Could put a bit more pressure on Milford and Hunt if the Titans can get their shit together.

Great to see Vidot back on the wing, too!

I don't know how you can get their from that quote ... Unless your just trying to find reasons why he hasn't been selected. Despite Reeds shit form.

Vidot may be lazy and unmotivated, i don't know ...

Ummm the quote said you need to turn up to training. Or do you think that bennett was prompted to tell him to turn up to training when he already had been?

I never bought into this 'Bennett hates Vidot and he will never play for the Broncos again' bullshit and it's great to see him back in the team.

Hopefully he has been working on the things bennett wanted him to and he has a good game tonight to show he deserves to be there.

Looking forward to maranta at fullback. Would obviously prefer kahu and am glad his injury isn't too major but I'm hoping to see maranta bring his fullback from from the lower grades

Ummm the quote said you need to turn up to training. Or do you think that bennett was prompted to tell him to turn up to training when he already had been?

We don't really know the context of that quote. It could have been in relation to the reports that Vidot was on the outer and wanted a release.

The media could have edited out part of what Bennett said.

And Vidot could be lazy and uncommitted, which is why he never got back in the team (and if thats the case, then fair enough)... But since we're not at training every day, we'll never know.

At least it sounds like Vidot hasnt been written off and should put in a great effort.

Its not like we dont have other options with Eden and 1910's man Anderson playing well in the ISC But i think we need Vidots experience in the side with all the other changes.

On that note Garbutt aparently has played 9 NRL games for the storm but I have no idea how many minutes he has played.

Last edited:
We don't really know the context of that quote. It could have been in relation to the reports that Vidot was on the outer and wanted a release.

The media could have edited out part of what Bennett said.

And Vidot could be lazy and uncommitted, which is why he never got back in the team (and if thats the case, then fair enough)... But since we're not at training every day, we'll never know.

That's an awful lot of assumptions... More so than the original assumption you criticised.

I don't care one way or the other because I knew the whole bennett hates him thing was rubbish, I just find it amusing that your like 'don't make assumptions... Now here's several more' :p

Unless your just trying to find reasons why he hasn't been selected. Despite Reeds shit form.

I don't need to find reasons.. we're 3 wins 1 loss without Vidot, that's reason enough to validate him not being selected.

Also, you just named a Centre in poor form, Vidot is a winger.. Keep trying dude

I don't need to find reasons.. we're 3 wins 1 loss without Vidot, that's reason enough to validate him not being selected.

Also, you just named a Centre in poor form, Vidot is a winger.. Keep trying dude

Vidot has played plenty of games at center (though not for us)...

In fact playing vidot at center would likely be better for Vidot as it would limited the affect of his biggest weakness (i.e. his ability under the high ball) it would get rid of one of our biggest weaknesses (i.e. Reed) and still give us his work out of our own end ...

Thats just a whole bunch of wins...

As for the bolded bit .. There's a smart ass, agenda driven comment about the Knights form I could make there, but I think I'll refrain and instead just say that of the 4 games we played only one could be considered a top team and in that game, we got belted. It is good that we have won games, but we certainly shouldn't get carried away with our wins.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Foordy
  • azza.79
  • NSW stables
  • lynx000
  • broncoscope
  • Horseheadsup
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • Locky24
  • Big Del
  • broncs30
  • Santa
  • Lurker
  • Strop
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.