10:00

Team Lists

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Friday April 10th 2015
Suncorp Stadium

The Broncos haven't defeated the Sydney Roosters in Brisbane since 2003.

The last time the Broncos defeated Sydney was in 2012 during the Origin period.

Brisbane look to be without Hodges, Kahu and possibly Blair.

To say this is going to be tough is going to be an understatement. I can live with a hard fought loss but would hate to see us cop a flogging after all those wins.

How often do we even play the Roosters in Brisbane?

Only played them 4 times so far at Suncorp.

But it's a fun little stat that I'm sure the media will regurgitate.

Played them three times in the last ten years at home.

Would love to avenge last years heartbreaker but I'll just take no injuries as a win here.

Our forwards really have to shape up here. If they can give Milf and Hunt options, we're every chance, but those errors in the second half against the Tits suggested to me we're due for a loss and it'll probably be the Rorters that get us.

I remember those four games actually.

The first was after an Origin and it was consoling to see us beat one of the best teams in a really tight game. We wouldn't win another game at Suncorp all year, so it was nice to beat the Chooks, especially after Gordie's theatrics at Walker. Not sure why, but as a Broncos fan I loved Gordie giving it to Walker. It was like 'remember Origin 1 2001? I sure don't *throws the footy at his head*

In 2005 we were surprisingly competitive but we were lambs to the slaughter then and it just seemed like everything that could go wrong did. The game was in the balance until Minichiello scored one of the best tries of 2005 off the kick off. If you watched that, you can see why many people considered him the best fullback in the game during that period. Just classy, classy stuff.

2010 was terrible. The Roosters had a few late omissions so we went into the games as favourites and got completely ambushed by the Roosters who were absolutely on from the opening whistle. We finally got a chance to come back at them, but then we got some really dodgy try awarded to Folau, they got a short kick off and won.

It was a lot like the 2014 game in that regard. It looked like we had it won and then they just got the short kick off to steal it. I wasn't as upset about losing this game, honestly went into it with a 'nothing to lose' mind-set and we nearly pulled it off. Unfortunately a few brain fades cost us and the Chooks just had too many weapons for us to contain. Considering the circumstances, I was surprisingly fine with the loss and in a lot of ways, would be fine with a similar effort next week.

I think we'll be competitive if we hold on to the ball. If we make 14 handling errors again, we'll lose by 30. The roosters won't make dumb errors on our line like the Titans did.

Let's be realistic, we're in for a pasting here. Against a top tier team with excellent attacking and defensive structures, minus Hodges and Kahu.

I do however, think the loss is probably going to be good for us going forward. Any false confidence we've gleaned the last few weeks will be nipped in the bud, and renew perspective as to where we need to improve. Should serve us in good stead over the weeks thereafter.

Hopefully we chance our arm a little in attack, and (if we do) go down swinging.

The Titans Finished with 57% possession tonight ... if we give the Roosters that much ball then it is going to be a long painful night

This game will be a true test to see how far we've come since the game against Souths. The Roosters are one of the best teams in the competition if not the best and playing them will be a step up from playing Cronulla, Cowboys, Warriors and Gold Coast.

Let's have at it then. No time like the present to give ourselves a true test. Bring it on!

Does anyone think Milf will cop anything for his shoulder charge?

I'm not confident that Thaiday and McGuire will get away with their incidents, as well.

This game will be a true test to see how far we've come since the game against Souths. The Roosters are one of the best teams in the competition if not the best and playing them will be a step up from playing Cronulla, Cowboys, Warriors and Gold Coast.

These games must be really strange for you..

I'm curious, are you happy whatever the result?

A committed team will give us a chance but we are certainly underdogs. We are not without hope and WB will have them in the right frame of mind. The team will be up for this and I bet they know to a man that there will be no respect until we meet and beat one of the top sides.

My reaction when Hadley said we are playing the Roosters next week

shit-just-got-real-o.gif

At least the chequebook chooks are missing Turd Ferguson. Reed did his best against Roberts this week but i think the more experienced Roosters would have had a field day on our left.
But for us to win it'll take an effort like Parra against Souths. We'll need to be on for the entire game and taking it to them in every set.

I'd say there's a decent chance we're without Thaiday & Nikorima next weekend, my first impression was potentially a broken jaw for Kodi, let's hope it was just a bump. I think McGuire & Milford should be fine.. Bennett said earlier in the week that Kahu's injury was a "Just a couple of week thing, not season ending", so I doubt he's playing either.

I'm gonna throw out a team without Hodges, Blair, Kahu, Thaiday, Nikorima.. Just to be safe

1. Maranta
2. Oates
3. Copley
4. Drew
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Wallace
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker (c)

14. Parcell
15. Dodds
16. Garbutt
17. Molo

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Jedhead
  • Tim K
  • Brotherdu
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • something
  • sooticus
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • The Don
  • Cavalo
  • Maroon4life
  • ettybay
  • marw
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.