Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Who would have thunk it ! 2 nd ( maybe 3 rd )on the ladder heading into this game and the only team CURRENTLY winning four in a row !!!! Yeah yeah I know, we haven't beaten much but.... I mean, can you imagine if we should somehow beat the Chookies ? A guy can dream can't he ? If the mighty Sharks do the right thing( just bashing them senseless would suffice ) tomorrow and beat the Chooks , well who knows where we could end up....no matter where we end up after next weekend, if we beat the Roosters it will be game on and we will be respected. Next step in the evolution is for us to be feared and respected, just like the good old days !

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Second best attack in the competition so far, which is surprising. Defence is in the bottom 8 though I think.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Second best attack in the competition so far, which is surprising. Defence is in the bottom 8 though I think.
Yeah, 11th defense... the souffs game and our second halves have not helped.

Still a pleasant sight, but nothing to get too excited about yet. Lots of work to be done!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yeah, 11th defense... the souffs game and our second halves have not helped.

Still a pleasant sight, but nothing to get too excited about yet. Lots of work to be done!
Yeah far too early yet, but it beats being in the bottom half of the ladder going into origin time. If we can be in the top 3 or 4 come the origin period, we'll have a reasonable chance of maintaining that for the long haul.

And since you mentioned our defence, I think the Dragons have the best defence so far which is funny if nothing else.

Last edited:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
The chooks do, but close enough...

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
FUN FACT:

This time last year we were 3 wins from 5 games.

we beat the

Bulldogs by 6
Cowboys by 4
Dragons by 16

lost to the

Roosters by 4 (in a game we should have won mind you)
Eels by 7

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
This is one game where I would like to see Milford speed and footwork exploit the Roosters' big forwards as they tire: Parker offloads with Milf in support up the middle would be one very enjoyable way.

Tupou is a real worry in the air and in general.

Their key weapon is momentum. For mine, taking them on up the middle is unwise unless we let the ball go at the line. Slow defensive line speed will be fatal, as well as missed tackles on the edges.

They need to be turned around a lot with good kicking games from Hunt, Milford and Macca, and continually moving the ball out wide. One-out shit will see us bashed, squashed and buried.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
There were too many times in that Titans game where their bigger forwards plowed in to our line, putting it on the back foot and giving them momentum & metres. When Blair has been on the field, that's been less so. I really hope he's able to play this Friday, we'll need him and I'm sure he'll consider their pack a challenge.

H

HVbronco

NYC Player
Oct 30, 2013
Just a reminder to NSW based supporters - this one is going to be live on Friday night, and the Sharks vs Knights game will be the delayed telecast.

Unless of course, you live in Newcastle, where I bet they show the fucking Knights game live the dumb shits. Fucking NBN television man.

They fucking better not haha I'm in Newcastle and looking forward to a live game lol

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I think i might go to his game ... Worked some overtime in the previous pay period... I think I'll treat myself.

:smile:

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
Rorters don't look too flash against the Sharks... I have feeling the chooks will come back and win but a tough game and a quick turnaround is good for us. JWH didn't play??

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Rorters don't look too flash against the Sharks... I have feeling the chooks will come back and win but a tough game and a quick turnaround is good for us. JWH didn't play??

Yeah JWH didnt play. Barba was out suspended and might find his spot has been taken by Jack Bird who was pretty good.
The Rooster will be looking to fire back next Friday so it will be a tough one.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Worst possible result for us, there is no way the Roosters will follow that up with a loss.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Didn't see the Roosters game due to family reasons but we're the Roosters terrible or were the Sharks just to good for them?

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
Didn't see the Roosters game due to family reasons but we're the Roosters terrible or were the Sharks just to good for them?

It was starting to look like the Broncos v Titans game at first. Each team would go through three tackles and drop the ball repeatedly. In the second half, Cronulla started with their arses on fire and scored two quick tries. The Chooks scored two quick tries through RTS and Aubusson before Bird scored a try under the posts with 5 minutes to go to wrap the game up.

Cronulla were good without being great and the Roosters' defence was worringly lax. I say worringly because there's no way they'll be that bad on Friday.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

You have to be bad to lose to the Sharks

Unread

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Cavalo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Alec
  • Bish
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • davidp
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.