PRE-GAME Round 6 - Broncos vs Roosters

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

It's going to be tough without Hodges and Blair.

He's been something of a quiet achiever Blair and while he hasn't been playing his best football, it was pretty obvious that on Friday night we missed him. Wallace has started the season on fire and has really been pushing Kahu for most improved but he seemed over-awed and quite frankly I don't think we can afford that type of start against the Roosters if we're to win.

With the potential that Jake Friend may return, I'd really love to see McCullough continue his streak of form and go to another level. It was only back in 2012 where he had the better of Friend and while a lot has changed since then, this could be a great opportunity to rectify that.

Just wanted to turn this to you guys - should Jarrod Wallace receive another crack in the starting side? And if not, who should get the shot?
Dodds
I have always thought he compliments McGuire

Dodds
I have always thought he compliments McGuire
Well, I suppose that's one way to be popular! How does McGuire feel about, like does he find it embarrassing? Suppose it would be if he was always doing it in front of the other guys and McGuire is straight after all.

No matter, tomorrow's game may be seen as a test for some but for mine, I believe the Broncos are an absolute moral. I think they will belt the piss and pickhandles out of the Roosters. My only concern is the Cowpunchers, can they bash Souths and leave us standing alone, atop the most important sporting ladder in the world ?

Thank god. A mate of mine who is a knights fan keeps going on that the Knights will be live as NBN always show their games live.

Haha, to be fair, he's right.

I won't believe it until I sit down at 7:30 and see the wondrous backdrop of Lang Park.

How do you know JobDog ning?

Journo buddies?

Interesting point that; since he moved to the bench nearly everything is the same. average 14 handles a game, still 55 minutes on average but he passes more- his roving lock role in the middle third and swapping on the right has seen his passing increase to 4.5 a game.

Watching the Sharks and Roosters, the Sharks scored most of their tries out wide with quick ball movement which is where I see the Rooster's greatest weakness. I think Thaiday's contribution passing on the right would be very handy. He will draw defenders and help create space by passing at the line to Hunt.

That will leave Hunt with options to the right and also an outside-inside ball say to Milford, similar to the Luke Lewis-Jack Bird try - very nice.

RTS's try came from lazy defence in the middle. He was left a nice little gap to accelerate through, which is also where Jennings is dangerous.

I also feel Maranta's kick returns are going to play an important part of this game. The further our forwards have to cart the ball back, the more tired they will get, and then the holes in our defensive structures will open.

Bench rotation in this game will be critical

Watching the Sharks and Roosters, the Sharks scored most of their tries out wide with quick ball movement which is where I see the Rooster's greatest weakness. I think Thaiday's contribution passing on the right would be very handy. He will draw defenders and help create space by passing at the line to Hunt.

That will leave Hunt with options to the right and also an outside-inside ball say to Milford, similar to the Luke Lewis-Jack Bird try - very nice.

RTS's try came from lazy defence in the middle. He was left a nice little gap to accelerate through, which is also where Jennings is dangerous.

I also feel Maranta's kick returns are going to play an important part of this game. The further our forwards have to cart the ball back, the more tired they will get, and then the holes in our defensive structures will open.

Bench rotation in this game will be critical

Vidot to drop back with Maranta every time.

Vidot to drop back with Maranta every time.

yep. Vidot's metres will be very valuable in this game. He just needs to get rid of the errors and find some pace! I think he's a handy player to a team who often struggle up the middle. . But I believe Wayne is don't the right thing

How do you know JobDog ning?

Journo buddies?

Nah, pretty sure he plays for my old cricket club. I don't really know him though, just seen the name around a bit.

Must be a sellout or close to. Usually I can get free tickets from a QRL contact I have, but not for this game!

I think our credentials as a force in 2015 (our power ranking) will rocket if we can pull off a win tonight.

That should be incentive enough for the boys to really show what they're made of.

Milford and/or Hunt are just itching for a big game to make their mark for 2015; here's the chance.

Must be a sellout or close to. Usually I can get free tickets from a QRL contact I have, but not for this game!

Round 6, temperature at kick off: 20 degrees, humidty: dry as a .....
Round 1, temperature at kick off: 36 degrees, humdity: Singapore on a bad day

Should be great conditions for footy.

EDIT: BOM says it was actually 36 - I think it got down to 33 by kick off.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this game, as another Sydney based fan its great to finally watch them live and not try to be avoiding spoilers for 2 hours!

I think we can win this one, i love that we haven't been playing great but still winning, seems like the good old days again.

McCullough and Maranta to keep proving me wrong and have big games!

really? wow. hopefully a great crowd. disappointed not to be there myself this week but i'm away for the weekend.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Jedhead
  • Cavalo
  • sooticus
  • ettybay
  • Brotherdu
  • marw
  • Maroon4life
  • broncos4life
  • Midean
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Browny
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manifesto
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.