Round 7 - Broncos vs Raiders - Post Match Discussion

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I don't want McGuire playing 80, we need to prevent any chance of burnout. Our rotation at the moment is pretty sweet, and all the players should still be fairly fresh come finals time.

I agree with this.

Things are chugging along quite nicely as they are ATM ..... why change ??

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
McGuire is the type of talent that should be starting every game and playing at least 60 minutes. Gillett is the type of player who should be starting and playing every minute. The fact that neither do only shows how ridiculously good our pack is, and how, as long as those players are retained, how well positioned we are post-Civoniceva and Parker.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I am also suggesting that despite the great metres Thaiday makes, where is the support? Am I missing something or are most of Thaiday's runs one out?

Yes.......the likes of Hoffman and even Gillett should be living in Thaidays back pocket. He makes a lot of half chances with the majority of his runs, be nice if someone was their to capitalise on them.

In saying that, Hoffman last night did appear, at least to me, to be trailing players around the ruck more than in his previous games.

A very satisfying win. Thought we looked ordinary in the 1st 10 min, although much of that had to do with the Raiders starting very well. Once we hit back after being down, we were always in control. Great game from Corey Norman. Both he and Hunt looked very creative together. For the 1st time this year our attack had some sting to it and even though a few chances of spreading left when we had them out numbered weren't taken, the direction and organisation was there to ensure repeat sets or even better...points.

Our forward pack was outstanding....again. My 2 cents on Gillett starting V reserve, I prefer him coming off the bench.

I thought Petro had his best game for us since he's been back......looked at lot more like his old self.

I've said all season that Norman is gaining confidence and is getting better every game. I don't think last nights performance is the pinnacle of what's to come. With another off season...and another year for him to grow into his body

in 2013 he could take his game to whole other level.....

nathano11

nathano11

NYC Player
Jun 14, 2010
I loved the play when McCullough filled in at first receiver and put the kick through for Norman to score under the posts. It was a surprise play that the Raiders didn't expect and an advantage of having Hunt full in for Wallace. With Macca capable I those types of plays it makes Hunt and Macca interchangeable when they are on the field together for trick shots at the opposition. I know it's not our regular combination but it worked a treat and it's great to see some variation to our attack

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I loved the play when McCullough filled in at first receiver and put the kick through for Norman to score under the posts. It was a surprise play that the Raiders didn't expect and an advantage of having Hunt full in for Wallace. With Macca capable I those types of plays it makes Hunt and Macca interchangeable when they are on the field together for trick shots at the opposition. I know it's not our regular combination but it worked a treat and it's great to see some variation to our attack

I agree, it was quite a spectacular play really.... and probably came about because of the confidence they are now playing with :cool:

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I agree, it was quite a spectacular play really.... and probably came about because of the confidence they are now playing with :cool:

It was very much the type of play we are likely to see from the Storm.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • whykickamoocow
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.