Shane Webcke

Was that the last time we beat the Storm? :001_tt2:

No, we beat them at Suncorp a few years ago with Izzy scoring one of his trademark tries. 14-10 or thereabouts, I think.

2010 at AAMI was the last time we beat them.

It was right after news of the salary cap scandal emerged. Brisbane were without a ton of players tho - one of our better victories, that's for sure.

Who cares about the Storm, more about Webcke!

One of my all time favourite players. So much heart.

Not enough props like Webcke out there today, maybe that's because the game has changed or whatever, but there's nothing better than watching a prop in full flight running straight and running hard, just like Webcke used to do. Didn't matter what minute of the match it was, what the score was, how tired he was - he always made himself available for a run.

Absolute legend. Players like him have made the Broncos the club they are, although we seem to be moving further away from that (but that's for another thread).

Webcke made me proud to be a Broncos supporter.

Not only was he a quality player, he was also a fantastic person off the field - constantly setting a great example for footy players everywhere.

Webcke is a difficult player to describe to newcomers. He didn't revolutionise the front row game or have an extradinary highlights reel - he was just ridiculously consistent & tough.

On the flipside, the guy couldn't fight to save himself (lol Phil Bailey) and was always good for one knock on a game. Still, you could forgive him because he'd make god damn sure that the opposition would pay for his indiscretions.

Damn I wish I had some old Broncos games to watch now. 2001-02 Webby would be just the tonic after this season.

Last edited:
Hannant at one stage was dubbed Webcke 2.0 but hasn't quite kicked on

Wow, What a ****ing team we had in 06.

1. Justin Hodges
2. Darius Boyd
3. Brent Tate
4. David Stagg
5. Karmichael Hunt
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Shane Perry
8. Shane Webcke
9. Shaun Berrigan
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Brad Thorn
13. Tonie Carroll
14. Corey Parker
15. Dane Carlaw
16. Ben Hannant
17. Casey McGuire
Coach: Wayne Bennett

Is perry the only player who didnt play rep footy?

Is perry the only player who didnt play rep footy?

Yep

Was probably the club's greatest premiership ever, a team that was down and out, in a form slump and slammed in the media and suffered a defeat in the first week of the finals came back from nowhere to claim the premiership in a high-quality grand final.

That grand final night was one of the greatest nights of my life, how I would love to experience it again.

You could never question the heart of Shane Webcke. I miss that most about him, looking at the team sheet, seeing number 8 and thinking no worries there.

Earlier in the year I bought a Shane Webcke tribute book which is basically a scrapbook of his career. Great piece of memorabilia there is just so many great Broncos memories to cherish in there.

Earlier in the year I bought a Shane Webcke tribute book which is basically a scrapbook of his career. Great piece of memorabilia there is just so many great Broncos memories to cherish in there.

Think I have the same book. It's awesome. Like Webcke.

I didn't follow league before 2008, tell me what kind of prop he was in your view.

One of the best ever. Retired a Premiership champion which he absolutely deserved. Tough as nails and a great bloke.

Unread

Active Now

• porouian
  • Allo
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • Jedhead
  • Big Del
  • LittleDavey
  • Skathen
  • bb_gun
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Browny
  • Fatboy
  • BroncosAlways
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.