Sonny Bill Williams signs with the Roosters for 2013

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
SBW already had the profile to achieve all that without Nasser. Khoder simply got in the head of SBW and got him to bow to a life of greed as opposed to honoring his morals and ethics.

If Hodges had Nasser as a manager I could understand the comparison but in this case it doesn't really fit. I wouldn't have known Hodges was friends with Mundine until that picture surfaced where as SBW has been very public with his affiliation with Mundine and Nasser's other client, Quade Cooper.

But here's my point.

We all agree the way in which he dogged the Bulldogs was wrong.

Yet his entire career during that time has been defined by that move. He's done very little to rectify that dog move and as a result should have to pay the price (so to speak) of that decision.

Here's your move right now.

You'll say he doesn't care what the fans think.

And I don't expect him to.

But his fans shouldn't expect me to feel any differently about him.

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Fair enough, I can see both sides to it. I can see why he's hated but personally I don't hate him for it, I did at the time but I'm okay with the guy now. I'll leave it at that :handshake:

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
And to be honest, since he's started with the Roosters he's done everything right. He's playing good football, looks like he wants to play good football, and he's not talking shit.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Well there's certainly no bus driver comments anymore :laugh:

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
As am I, I can't wait. What has SBW done in the last few years though? I don't really see any signs of him being an egomaniac, seems that CH 9 jerking off about him and doing that stupid voice over thing is what makes it seem so. Make no mistake, I completely hated that voice over **** and I hate how CH 9 always goes on and on about him like he's the best thing to ever grace rugby league when guys like Slater, Thurston, Lockyer got no where near that kind of love but I don't think that's a fault of SBW. That's just CH 9 knowing how insanely popular and polarising a guy like SBW is so they know he brings in huge ratings.

It all goes back to his behaviour when he left the dogs. The interviews he gave, the way he presented himself... he's done and said absolutely nothing in the past five years to change my perception of him.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Fair enough, for me 5 years of him not doing anything "bad" brings him back to a neutral level of like with his playing ability pushing me into the like category.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
"I don't really like it when it gets beat up like Sonny Bill Williams did this and that," he said.But there was no avoiding it, given how the dual international had just inflicted Bulldogs fans with perhaps more heartache than five years ago, when he left them cold.
It began with his very first touch, a sublime cut-out pass that sent Roger Tuivasa-Sheck across for the game's opening try in the ninth minute.

"If I could go back I would change some of the things that happened," he said. "I've apologised as soon as I got back, but that hasn't got across in the media so much."It was surprisingly good coming through the gates and being asked to take photos with the Canterbury fans.
"It's always easy to sit up here when things are going your way.
"You've got to keep it simple, humble and know that the NRL is a tough competition."

Doesn't seem too egotistical to me.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I ain't getting involved in this hizzle pop of a shizzle, but let me just point out that he's probably been put through some PR training, like most players are these days.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I ain't getting involved in this hizzle pop of a shizzle, but let me just point out that he's probably been put through some PR training, like most players are these days.
If he was an egomaniac he wouldn't really care, he'd still say what he feels knowing the club will bend over backwards to keep him happy.
Every club in the game would be interested in SBW's signature, even the Bulldogs.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
We seriously need more Sonny's thoughts. It would make the Roosters games actually worth watching.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
We should have a Wallace thoughts edition next game on CH 9.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.