Sonny Bill Williams signs with the Roosters for 2013

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
So it's official. He's back with the Roosters.

Can't believe his approach so far has been anything but cap in hand, he's hardly seeking forgiveness. In fact, he's framed it as "hard" to return to the NRL, like he's doing the game a favour?

It's like the NRL are a bunch of star struck teenage girls. Next they'll be running off to the shop for a chicko roll for him.

El-Masri's sentiments sums it up well:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...-let-sbw-back-in-the-game-20121112-298f6.html

PS: I think this deserves its own thread away from the player movement thread

The fuckwit should never have been re-registered after walking out.

I hope he fails miserably. Even if it makes the NRL look silly, I still hope I get to lol at him and the Roosters.

So its finally official.. whats the market paying for playing under 15 games this year due to injury?

I didn't like what $BW did, but at the time he said Canterbury officials were nuffies (he was correct)

El-Masri's sentiments sums it up well:

Yes he walked out, but I don't hear bleatings from current players when a club tells a player/s to F.O. when they are still contracted to them. (I don't mean when a player is sacked for playing up etc)

Yes I want $BW hurt in the first tackle.

I didn't like what $BW did, but at the time he said Canterbury officials were nuffies (he was correct)

Yes he walked out, but I don't hear bleatings from current players when a club tells a player/s to F.O. when they are still contracted to them. (I don't mean when a player is sacked for playing up etc)

Yes I want $BW hurt in the first tackle.

I see your point but the circumstances in which SBW left the Bulldogs (midnight runner) are vastly different to a club releasing an unwanted player (which is probably a contractual right of the club, written into most playing contracts).

I just can't believe SBW's attitude that it's a bit annoying that he has to play in the NRL next year because apparently he feels he should honour a verbal agreement with Noyce (which should be inserted into the Oxford dictionary next to the definition of irony) he made after he repudiated his contract with the Bulldogs.

I've heard that he's actually torn his pectoral muscle as opposed to this "shoulder injury" the media is feeding us. He is actually out for around 9 months if not longer. He'd be lucky to play anywhere near 10 games next season. Weidler is waiting to announce it as an "exclusive" nearer to season start.

Good for the game, not good for the Roosters.

I hate SBW, but his presence will draw more interest to the product and adds another big name to the League.

However, spending the kind of money for a 1 year deal seems desperate from the Roosters and I can't see them getting any value out of having him in their side long term.

Well it's not tying them up in future years. I mean, the cap room was there anyway. I actually think the Roosters have a great young forward pack - I'm a big fan of Takarangi's skills in particular. Not sure if the presence of SBW will help or hinder those youngsters in the end but I can certainly understand the temptation.

I just think it sets a bad example to promote him as the face of your club despite being out of the game after 4 years, especially after the way he left. Roosters are a very young side and I don't think SBW is the type of person you'd want to expose them too. They obviously set aside that 800K way back at the start of the year when SBW was negotiating with the club, it could have gone a long way to fixing up a lot of problem areas for the club.

I'm a big fan of their up and comers too - Tasi, Warea-Hargreaves, Kennedy, Aubusson, Guerra, Evans, Napa, Ailaomai etc. I wish they'd recruit based on bringing out the best of these players as opposed to going for the quick fix.

B-man, what the hell is with that shirt?!!!

I really enjoy all the retro gear from all the clubs. It was as St George one or a Norths one, but the Dragons one was cheaper. I bought it yesterday in the Myer Centre.

ST MERGE !!

FFS Bman......:001_rolleyes:

and as for Hazem

all he's doing is plying the trade of his beloved NRL pimp of an ex club in pushing up the media interest and up selling the anticipated Bulldogs wankfest of a 1st round clash with the Rorters.

Total self interest personified.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.