Sonny Bill Williams signs with the Roosters for 2013

fredie

fredie

Banned User
Sep 28, 2008
What did you think of the Sonny money bill Williams v Franc wild buffalo Botha boxing fight . Coopers fight aswell

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Cooper did well and on Saturday at the Reds fan day didn't even look like he boxed the Friday night. Sonny was lucky it stopped at 10 rounds.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
Telegraph said $800k per year today... that's still a lot of money.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
That's a shitload of money for a bloke who's best play has been banned this year.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
5 rounds in and I think he's been one of the better backrows in the competition.

Doesn't have the biggest work-rate in attack but certainly has some classy touches and his ability to play before the line has proved lucrative on a number of occasions.

Definitely playing above expectations. Wouldn't say he's blown them away, but I thought he'd be a bit quiet.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Telegraph said $800k per year today... that's still a lot of money.

I read months ago, that he had be the highest paid player in the NRL before he signed the contract. :001_rolleyes:

Bet he is now annoyed JT is the highest paid.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
5 rounds in and I think he's been one of the better backrows in the competition.

Doesn't have the biggest work-rate in attack but certainly has some classy touches and his ability to play before the line has proved lucrative on a number of occasions.

Definitely playing above expectations. Wouldn't say he's blown them away, but I thought he'd be a bit quiet.

Agree that hes one of the better backrowers in the game. He seems to have really added to his game since his time at the dogs. The cutout pass to put a winger in to score last week was outstandingm and i think he put maloney in with a nice short ball the week before that. He will only get better this year

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
hes put a few people straight through the defence and in for tries with beautiful short passes IIRC.

i thought hed go well and he hasnt disappointed. i just wish we didnt ban the shoulder charge so we couldve seen what he can really do.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I had no doubt he'd be great again, he was a fantastic player before he left and the experience he picked up elsewhere only served to improve his overall skills.

To be honest I'm a bit of a SBW fan even though I don't like the CH 9 circle jerk about him. He did what he did 6 years ago but aside from that he's been nothing but professional since.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'm surprised he hasn't got injured yet.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm surprised he hasn't got injured yet.
I think his injury prone-ness was an over exaggerated myth. He was injured for a few periods in his first couple of years but after that he missed at most 3-4 games a year IIRC.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
pwn - Are we totally forgetting about his latest foray into boxing?

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
He has been in good form for the Roosters throughout the 1st month and is making a big impact. The only thing I can't stand about him is how as spwn said the way the media especially channel 9 jerk off at him. Yeah he is good but he isn't the greatest player in the world or anything.

Unread

Active Now

• Thelmus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.