The Commentary team

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Did anyone else struggle to put up with the commentary last night? I deadset think that was the worst I've heard from Gould. Nothing insightful or analytical, just pure diarrhea coming out of his mouth for the full match. When NSW were on top he sang their praises, which is fine in small doses but he wasn't far off wanking himself at times. You could even here him applaud when Hodkinson made a decent kick for touch at the end of the first. When QLD were on top you heard nothing about their efforts, he just whinged about how poorly NSW were playing. I don't mind a bit of bias for the sake of banter here and there but this is a fucking piss take. How many more years do we have to put up with him? He's not a commentator, he's a NSW fanboy who puts his loyalties and emotions before his job to stay impartial and insightful. The only decent break-down of play we heard was from Sterlo.

I'd go as far as saying it could be damaging for Rugby League to have him commentating one of the biggest events in our game. AFL or Union fans tuning into this would surely be repelled by the rubbish they hear from him. No wonder they think we're idiots.

Warren and Lewis need to go as well. One is senile, the other is an idiot.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll see Vossy back at nine for a very long time, if not ever.

It's disgusting that those three are allowed to sit up there dutch ruddering each other for 90 minutes without a QLDer to calm the **** heads down.

Vossy did a piece for channel Nein from the stands before kickoff ... he can't be that far away from reclaiming his spot in the com box surely ?

Last edited:
11040828_909939389027257_276970370586870740_n.jpg

This one sums him up the best tbh.....

11351494_968919016462761_3707062521784783771_n.jpg

Used to be a massive fan of the speech he'd give prior to the game on the field.

Origin is all about one-eyed bias. The commentary fires you up, does it not?

The commentary is distracting.

I just want to enjoy the footy and instead it feels like I'm sitting in the NSW coaching box with Wally being paid to say nice things about the Blues.

Origin is all about one-eyed bias. The commentary fires you up, does it not?

Nah its just distracting if they're carrying on like fuckwits. If it was before the game or he was on the sidelines I wouldn't mind so much.

I miss muting the television and having Roy and HG on the stereo

My grandfather did this all the time, whenever we watch a game together he insists on using the radio instead of "these nsw fools".

It's just commentators calling a game how does it impact the result of a game? Just enjoy the fact you're getting to see the game live, there are places around the country were you are lucky to even see the result of the game on the day it's played.

Who cares if the commentary is bias, it's good having someone fire you up it makes the game more fun to watch. I love watching the tests in England because of those pommy blokes that call it. So one eyed it's funny.

It's not like the QLD'ers are completely impartial. Fatty, Wally and Lockyer are proudly Queensland and are not afraid to show it at all. In fact my early memories of Origin involve Fatty blowing his load whenever Queensland were looking good.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Rookie Alan
  • broncoscope
  • Johnny92
  • Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.