Tim Smith close to signing elsewhere.

already being discussed in the Player Movements thread

Still, probably worthy of its own thread. Already heaps of Smith vs Hunt discussion in the player movement thread. Be better to have that in a different one.

i just read on sportal its done and he may appear monday night??? any news more into it?

Bannermania said:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-cronulla-sharks/story-e6frexnr-1225846074578

TIM Smith is poised to sign with the Cronulla Sharks with the former rookie of the year deep in negotiations with the winless club

Good job on trying to keep him.

We dont have his signature. Brisbane Easts does.
If he signs elsewhere this is a matter of the Broncos not signing as apposed to retaining him.

Personally, we dont need him. It is great to think of him as depth but Wallace is our future.

I'd much rather keep Hunt than Smith. While Smith might be a better option this season, we need to think about the future, post-Lockyer.

I think meat said it perfectly with regards to this situation, and the pressure continuing to build on Ben Hunt.\

I hope Brisbane have made the right decision and kept the right player. I guess time will tell.

Great pickup for the sharkies though, god knows they need it.

player movement thread me thinks is gunna get deleted. anyway on smith, its happened so quick not even some of his team know.

Couldn't pay me enough money to get me to agree to going to the Sharks.

It's a good move for him as long he makes it a one-year thing. He gets to play with Barrett and has absolutely no expectations to even make the finals - could be just what he needs to get back on track.

watch this space, hunt will turn out to be nothing and we will regret not snapping up smith.

its michael ryan and priddis all over again

As long as hunt doesnt go the doggies next year, then this decision doesnt bother me.

what bothers me is that we had a player willing to play for us, that couldve given us the attacking edge todd carney has given the roosters, and as usual we let him slip away coz "we have something better coming through"

I would rather keep Smith and Hunt, watching Wallace he looks out for Lockyer way too much rather than trying to make a play himself. Perfect example was when Locky was down with cramping and Wallace offered nothing but to look for where Locky was. I am worried though that Hunt will become another Moon or Seymour shitloads of potential but never shows it!

The Broncos rely a bit too much on their Farm system IMHO.

They would rather blood a player that's a failure rather than keep a player willing to play, who has been purchased.

Why would Smith go to the Sharks?? It will be the end of him I have no doubt. Pretty sure he came to Brisbane hoping to get snapped up by the Broncos or Titans so he could be near family.

Bannermania said:
The Broncos rely a bit too much on their Farm system IMHO.

They would rather blood a player that's a failure rather than keep a player willing to play, who has been purchased.

Nail on the head

I've seen a lot of Hunt, and like what I see, if he stays I think we've made the right decision.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • lynx000
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Fozz
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.