Wendell's Coming Today!

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
For those who don't know, Wendell Sailor will be at the Broncos Superstore from 5-6pm today. Is anyone popping down to say hi?

I've got no love for Wendell, he turned his back on us and is 100% a St George guy and only talks up the Broncos when it benefits him.

So... No one's buying his book then? (Insert sarcasm here)

Supposedly tho when he was coming back to rugby league he approached the Broncos and Bruno Cullen was not interested, so he took the first offer he got. He takes the St George shit a bit to far for my liking, but was still a great player for the club.

drugs-are-bad.jpg

Nope.

Wendell is a complete tosser & no I am not buying his book.

I read an article about the book yesterday & all it seems is he is making excuses for all the mistakes he has made.

Worse things have happened to people & they didn't take drugs or alcohol to 'solve' their problems.

Not to mention IRL he is a dick.. Well, on the number of occasions I saw him out and about in Brisbane, I was ashamed that he was a Bronco. Especially when women were involved.

Dirty **** hit on my sister at City Rowers. Was funny because my now brother in law took offense to that and said a few choice comments. Next thing we're surrounded by a bunch of angry looking guys (pretty sure it was the reserve grade side), to his credit Dell calmed the whole thing down though and brought drinks for us.

Also bumped into him at Adrenalin Bar one night, he was offering to bench press people.....

I would respect him more if his allegiance was to Bennett rather than all that "Red V is a part of me" crap.

The Broncos knocked him back and he took it personally.

I met Wendell shortly after he received his drug ban. **** me he was a sour puss about it, rather than admitting he did the wrong thing he was spouting bullshit like 'what about Ben Cousins! He didn't get banned!', he claimed his treatment was unfair.

He was my childhood hero, lost all respect for him then. Whilst he is an interesting character due to his warped perception of reality, he has no respect for the only club that were willing to give him a chance.

Wow. Some really eye opening stories in this thread.

I met him very late in 2000 on a trip to Melbourne. Nice bloke, signed an autograph for me.

Off topic: Another guy who surprised me was Chris Walker. I met him in 2000 as well. He wasn't an established first grade player I don't think yet but was a total pro with the fans that day.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Santa
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • marw
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Gaz
  • eggstar10
  • Wolfie
  • RolledOates
  • The Strapper
  • BooKhaki
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Lurker
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.