What i would do the second Mr Reynolds walks through the Red Hill door..

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
So, when looking at next season, its hard to not think the clock is ticking.

We now have 3 seasons of hopefully injury free football with Adam Reynolds steering the ship.

So, in my mind, as soon as he steps into the joint, we need to start the succession plan.

We have 3 years to groom and find a long term replacement for him.

We can look to the Roosters with their pursuit of Sam Walker and Suaalli.

They identified early what they needed and by the time the news hit the media the horse had bolted; both players were going to the Roosters.

SO i think DD, Ikin, Kev and Reynolds start a charm offensive right across the lower tiers of league (harold cup etc) and find the 3 best up and coming halfbacks who can come to the club, spend a few years having Reynolds teach them everything he knows about steering a NRL team around the park.

How many young halfbacks wouldnt want to be under the wing of one of the games best for a few years...

If we can do this, id be very happy and confident in the future direction and success of the Brisbane Broncos again.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
So, when looking at next season, its hard to not think the clock is ticking.

We now have 3 seasons of hopefully injury free football with Adam Reynolds steering the ship.

So, in my mind, as soon as he steps into the joint, we need to start the succession plan.

We have 3 years to groom and find a long term replacement for him.

We can look to the Roosters with their pursuit of Sam Walker and Suaalli.

They identified early what they needed and by the time the news hit the media the horse had bolted; both players were going to the Roosters.

SO i think DD, Ikin, Kev and Reynolds start a charm offensive right across the lower tiers of league (harold cup etc) and find the 3 best up and coming halfbacks who can come to the club, spend a few years having Reynolds teach them everything he knows about steering a NRL team around the park.

How many young halfbacks wouldnt want to be under the wing of one of the games best for a few years...

If we can do this, id be very happy and confident in the future direction and success of the Brisbane Broncos again.
You'd probably want to be looking at a couple of 18-20 years right now and then keep working on gamble.
In 3 maybe 4 years time you want to be putting someone in whos grown into their body, mature and has had a good apprenticeship in cup and possibly coming off the bench in Reynolds final year.
We failed at a succession plan for Alfie and Lockyer so hopefully this time around they get it right.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
We've got two already in lower grades with one or two more below them that I know nothing about but have heard of, so it will be interesting to see how that all pans out.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
You'd probably want to be looking at a couple of 18-20 years right now and then keep working on gamble.
In 3 maybe 4 years time you want to be putting someone in whos grown into their body, mature and has had a good apprenticeship in cup and possibly coming off the bench in Reynolds final year.
We failed at a succession plan for Alfie and Lockyer so hopefully this time around they get it right.

In defense of the Broncos, we had Peter Wallace as a great steady halfback and both Hunt & Norman fighting it out for the 6. The succession plan was executed correctly, the players either got chewed up (Wallace) or were enticed by stupidly large deals (Norman & Hunt). No one has found the next Lockyer as he doesn't exist.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
In defense of the Broncos, we had Peter Wallace as a great steady halfback and both Hunt & Norman fighting it out for the 6. The succession plan was executed correctly, the players either got chewed up (Wallace) or were enticed by stupidly large deals (Norman & Hunt). No one has found the next Lockyer as he doesn't exist.
Yeah I ment the blokes sticking around to make the plan work. If K.Hunt stuck around he probably would of ended up in the halfs eventually. Always had the players there just the keeping of those players let them down

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
How about he just worries about playing good footy and improving the side. We 3 guys who were better halves than Reynolds involved with the club already, and 2 of them are on the coaching staff.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I think if we look for a replacement for him we need someone who can kick long first, then add the creative short kicks to his repertoire. We’ve gone the opposite way in recent years and we’ve been stuck giving the opposition possession too close to our line. If Mam can’t kick long he’s going to be out future 6

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I think if we look for a replacement for him we need someone who can kick long first, then add the creative short kicks to his repertoire. We’ve gone the opposite way in recent years and we’ve been stuck giving the opposition possession too close to our line. If Mam can’t kick long he’s going to be out future 6
There was an awesome article the other day comparing kickers over a whole range of areas.

Forced restarts
Kicked dead
Metres per game
Kicks for try assists
Etc

Reynolds as disappointingly average in most measures - Cleary the stand out and DCE having some decent stats too.

Where Reynold’s excelled the most was the measure for kicks resulting in the opposition starting their sets in their own 20 - regardless of where the kick originates.

Reynolds is brilliant at kicking in such a way that the opposition consistently starts their sets in disadvantageous field positions.

It’s a great skill to have but i think it also reinforces the opinion I hold that he needs a 5/8 that can compliment that. A guy who takes advantage of Adam’s field position and organising, and throws the last pass or the short kick that results in tries or set restarts.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
There was an awesome article the other day comparing kickers over a whole range of areas.

Forced restarts
Kicked dead
Metres per game
Kicks for try assists
Etc

Reynolds as disappointingly average in most measures - Cleary the stand out and DCE having some decent stats too.

Where Reynold’s excelled the most was the measure for kicks resulting in the opposition starting their sets in their own 20 - regardless of where the kick originates.

Reynolds is brilliant at kicking in such a way that the opposition consistently starts their sets in disadvantageous field positions.

It’s a great skill to have but i think it also reinforces the opinion I hold that he needs a 5/8 that can compliment that. A guy who takes advantage of Adam’s field position and organising, and throws the last pass or the short kick that results in tries or set restarts.

Sounds a lot like Gamble.

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Heres a guy who might very well be pushed out of this Cronulla side next year.

Ive only seen the highlights, unfortunately ive no idea what sort (if any) kicking game the kids got but for 4 NRL games im impressed...

cwa7C8P-64SbldqFSpeATdsFYBJ4xXk4uLgwrIohY8w6KtXMyzyWVHuA42s0gVGq5ko8DlpCtZkXA7JWeP5oIBXPn-FDXTA-LLIKl64PpqSSEg48Qs_1Eguox1mW4IrLP4VH0wU4=s0

Look at the speed here.

vuhRE38cCD7J1Y6r1Pa__5zG5VI-uiJIleeaGSw1cVptbpT56gXL8OB9SlCw81ko95tHXl4Rvt-I017bU0vu5rgBx_q5pKojv4-ZlFW8ydIQjUBn4fU_2JDwDTleQ__yl1SRoaR_=s0

Sleight of hand late in the game, looks like hes setting to play Talakai short but then goes long and gets Ronaldo on the outisde to score...

Luke Metcalf, keep a eye on him...

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013

Forced restarts
Kicked dead
Metres per game
Kicks for try assists
Etc

Which is gamble. Leave the "running" to the centres.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Heres a guy who might very well be pushed out of this Cronulla side next year.

Ive only seen the highlights, unfortunately ive no idea what sort (if any) kicking game the kids got but for 4 NRL games im impressed...

cwa7C8P-64SbldqFSpeATdsFYBJ4xXk4uLgwrIohY8w6KtXMyzyWVHuA42s0gVGq5ko8DlpCtZkXA7JWeP5oIBXPn-FDXTA-LLIKl64PpqSSEg48Qs_1Eguox1mW4IrLP4VH0wU4=s0

Look at the speed here.

vuhRE38cCD7J1Y6r1Pa__5zG5VI-uiJIleeaGSw1cVptbpT56gXL8OB9SlCw81ko95tHXl4Rvt-I017bU0vu5rgBx_q5pKojv4-ZlFW8ydIQjUBn4fU_2JDwDTleQ__yl1SRoaR_=s0

Sleight of hand late in the game, looks like hes setting to play Talakai short but then goes long and gets Ronaldo on the outisde to score...

Luke Metcalf, keep a eye on him...
Looks like a decent fullback from those snippets

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.