OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Other

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
It`s lateral movement he got found out on a cpl of times last year .
Being lighter and faster acceleration should help .
He is a very strong front on defender . Can punish big blokes when given the chance .
5 Kg is a lot on a frame his size though ?

Hes mid 30's. Muscle density will be better than a 22yr old. He will be fine and keep the strength. If anything his agility will allow him to go further into the line. That's one thing i was frustrated on many times over his last few years.

Hes mid 30's. Muscle density will be better than a 22yr old. He will be fine and keep the strength. If anything his agility will allow him to go further into the line. That's one thing i was frustrated on many times over his last few years.
Really?! I always thought Reynolds was the best half and digging into the line before passing. Which helps Mam, Walsh, etc with more space to work with (similar to why what Walker was working with at souths).

Really?! I always thought Reynolds was the best half and digging into the line before passing. Which helps Mam, Walsh, etc with more space to work with (similar to why what Walker was working with at souths).
Maybe i was being too critical of him compared to earlier years. Its a great strength of his to run wide then dig in straight.

Maybe i was being too critical of him compared to earlier years. Its a great strength of his to run wide then dig in straight.

Yeah his last cpl of years at the Bunnies he got closer to the defence before passing . Not Kieran Foran close , but a lot closer than he has the past cpl of seasons .
I have wondered why he he has changed that ?

Yeah his last cpl of years at the Bunnies he got closer to the defence before passing . Not Kieran Foran close , but a lot closer than he has the past cpl of seasons .
I have wondered why he he has changed that ?
Better attacking options outside him seems obvious, Cobbo and Walsh have been his best benefactors, players with supreme attacking ability he wouldn't have had at Souths.

His best option at Souths was always his opposite number in Cody Walker but he is the other side he mostly doesn't focus on when the ball is on his side.

Not as obvious as you may think .

Walsh has only been there one season ...
And a lot of times Cobbo gets the ball from Staggs . Not always in a better position . Staggs is not the best at setting up his winger .

Mam's the next 7 it seems.

I really don't get moving players to different positions sometimes.
Oh Walsh is killing at fullback? Lets maybe move him to the halves.
Oh Mam won Dally M 5/8th of the year and almost the Clive Churchill medal as a running half? Lets make him a controlling halfback.

I really don't get moving players to different positions sometimes.
Oh Walsh is killing at fullback? Lets maybe move him to the halves.
Oh Mam won Dally M 5/8th of the year and almost the Clive Churchill medal as a running half? Lets make him a controlling halfback.
dont think it really matters the number, JT seem to do a good job at being a running/organising half let him develope it while we have arey there if mam is that ambitious plenty of time to see if it will work.

Whoever the 7 is I think Carrigan and Walsh will be doing the most of the organising.
Mam will add more to his game like kicking and abit more passing but will play much the same as he does now.
I think that kicking part is the most important aspect which will need to be picked up after Reynolds leaves. A unappreciated aspect which Reynolds brings and has helped us so much.

Mam's the next 7 it seems.

Training for it sure, whether he actually ends up there properly is to be seen, he is very young though but also very far in playstyle right now from a 7.

We will see him I think playing 7 a few times before Reyno retires though.

Still going to be a big struggle to replace Arey. I dont see Lam as the answer at all. If this makes sense, he's a Superleague player. What he does suits Leigh and it suits the style of play in England. It wont over here to the same level imo.
Lams in super league for a reason. No club wants him in the NRL and its not like there are 17 elite halfbacks in the NRL either. That alone should tell you something.

Lams in super league for a reason. No club wants him in the NRL and its not like there are 17 elite halfbacks in the NRL either. That alone should tell you something.
Jock Madden should be the next 7. Loads if skill. Neefs a little confidence but he is good. Dearden was worse than Jock but with some confidence and a clear run look where he is. Everyone is judging Jock on a game or two. Go watch his 2nd game...not the souths one. With Mam and Walsh and a serviceable hooker he will be good.

Jock Madden should be the next 7. Loads if skill. Neefs a little confidence but he is good. Dearden was worse than Jock but with some confidence and a clear run look where he is. Everyone is judging Jock on a game or two. Go watch his 2nd game...not the souths one. With Mam and Walsh and a serviceable hooker he will be good.
I haven't seen anything from Jock yet to suggest he's anything more than an adequate backup. Halfback is the most critical position in the team. You can build a team around an elite halfback.

We already have the halfback with the best kicking game in the comp, and up there with the best ever, but he was outpointed by his opposite number in the Grand Final. Unfortunately, his superpower let us down. That was a bitter pill to swallow.

I'll be watching Jock closely on the weekend. I haven't written him off yet, but I see more in Coby Black's future than I see in Jock's right now.

I haven't seen anything from Jock yet to suggest he's anything more than an adequate backup. Halfback is the most critical position in the team. You can build a team around an elite halfback.

We already have the halfback with the best kicking game in the comp, and up there with the best ever, but he was outpointed by his opposite number in the Grand Final. Unfortunately, his superpower let us down. That was a bitter pill to swallow.

I'll be watching Jock closely on the weekend. I haven't written him off yet, but I see more in Coby Black's future than I see in Jock's right now.

Although impressed , too small a sample size from Black to judge .
I`ve seen Madden do much more against higher level competition .

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Financeguy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • pennywisealfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • dasherhalo
  • broncos4life
  • davidp
  • Lostboy
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Broncorob
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Battler
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.