OPINION who would you pick as the next Broncos number 7?

Who do you think will be Reynolds replacement as our next Halfback?

• Sam Walker

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Lachlan Lam

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Other

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
That is interesting to hear.

Maybe they plan on playing Madden or Black at 5/8 instead.
Reyno is every chance of retiring before his contract is up. Maybe even this year. We have to be prepared for that. Just like we needed to be prepared to have someone on the bench to cover the backs and second row.

Madden isn't good enough, and is never going to be good enough. Otherwise he'd be carving it up in the Q Cup. Which he hasn't. In fact, his team's gone better without him.

Tristan has though, but at fullback. Also probably not good enough. But shows more promise than Madden.

All eyes on Tristan tomorrow night. He might be our interim 6/1 until Black matures.

Brad Schneider a young QLD half is Cleary's replacement at Penrith, maybe another option potentially depending how he goes.

Brad Schneider a young QLD half is Cleary's replacement at Penrith, maybe another option potentially depending how he goes.
My pick if we could get our hands on anyone (within reason). Sanders is another one but he is no more developed than Black with only the 3 reserve grade games to his name.

My pick if we could get our hands on anyone (within reason). Sanders is another one but he is no more developed than Black with only the 3 reserve grade games to his name.
unfortunately for Black still playing in Meninga I don't think he will get enough Qcup games into him before Reynolds retires, even though he is very promising, he probably has to move to Souths(imo it should probably happen anyway) to get game time since Bears halves look secure.

unfortunately for Black still playing in Meninga I don't think he will get enough Qcup games into him before Reynolds retires, even though he is very promising, he probably has to move to Souths(imo it should probably happen anyway) to get game time since Bears halves look secure.
Get him and Mozer building a combination asap if their our future

Get him and Mozer building a combination asap if their our future
Agreed. If the future spine is Black, Mozer, Mam, Walsh then start building that future spine now in the background. Get them locked in as a group and learning each other's game inside and out. Then, start putting them in at firsts training for a few plays with the outside backs to build those combinations. Reynolds doesn't need those runs as he is an old head and knows his role anyway. We should be future-planning these combos so they can step in at the drop of a hat.

Not my point at all. More so that if Black isn’t close to ready than the bloke who has played 3 reserve grade games isn’t either.

Not my point at all. More so that if Black isn’t close to ready than the bloke who has played 3 reserve grade games isn’t either.
I wasn't referring to that just Black in general I never meant it as a dig or anything.

Agreed. If the future spine is Black, Mozer, Mam, Walsh then start building that future spine now in the background. Get them locked in as a group and learning each other's game inside and out. Then, start putting them in at firsts training for a few plays with the outside backs to build those combinations. Reynolds doesn't need those runs as he is an old head and knows his role anyway. We should be future-planning these combos so they can step in at the drop of a hat.
Absolutely, you'd want Black to know Mozers game and react to what he does and vice versa. It's stuff you pick up with time together in game more so than you would on a training paddock.
If Mozer taking a run from dummy half you want your half or fullback knowing he's doing that and react to it.
We see this with Billy ATM he runs and Mam, Walsh or Reynolds aren't reacting to it because that combo isn't quite built.
Where as Cronk, Smith, Slater all that time playing together showed.

With how we have our players right now you would want all our high potential young players at Souths under K Hunt.

The issue is not pissing off the other affiliates doing that, but as far as I can see Souths are cleary our main one right now, given the players we got there plus them having Karmicheal Hunt as coach with Hodges as assistant they are basically the Broncos junior team.

Interesting that Ezra never really plays 7 anymore. He covered for Reynolds at 7 once or twice from memory. He should be getting games there instead of Madden. If Luai and Dyl Brown can do it, Ezra can.

Though I completely understand why a coach wouldn’t do it.

^ incredible insight there at the end from the eighth immortal
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Damn , Black played like 10 minutes in a trial against park footballers .
Now he`s the new messiah ?
I would like to see a much larger sample size before I say he`s the Broncos long term #7 .

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Old Mate
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • Manofoneway
  • eggstar10
  • teampjta
  • Financeguy
  • Behold
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • IceWorks
  • broncsgoat
  • Allo
  • kiwibronco
  • LGH
  • phoenix
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
... and 37 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.