CRICKET WTC and Ashes Tour of England

2 all away is a good result but disappointing at the same time.
England prob outplayed us slightly but catching and tactics are a part of the game which allowed us to win the first 2 tests.
Pat and whoever came up with our approach the last 3 tests need to rethink it.
For a side that cried about things not going their way they seem to overlook the many things that did, like winning 4 straight tosses, unashamedly doctoring pitches to suit their game, getting that ridiculous ball change ( which will lead to a change in how that happens I believe ) and Australia batting under leaden skies so often.
Glad to get outa there with the world champ trophy and ashes, go **** yourselves England.

Extremely disappointing way to end the series. We threw away the perfect opportunity to win a series in England via terrible selections, horrible captaining, and letting key moments slip. I think we would have won this series 4-0 if Lyon remained fit and Neser was picked after the first or second test when it was obvious that Boland and Hazle were cooked.

Warner, Khawaja, lab, smith, head, green, Carey, neser, starc, Cummins, Lyon is what I’d run with for the first test this summer. I’m praying Pucovski comes good asap.

2 all away is a good result but disappointing at the same time.
England prob outplayed us slightly but catching and tactics are a part of the game which allowed us to win the first 2 tests.
Pat and whoever came up with our approach the last 3 tests need to rethink it.
For a side that cried about things not going their way they seem to overlook the many things that did, like winning 4 straight tosses, unashamedly doctoring pitches to suit their game, getting that ridiculous ball change ( which will lead to a change in how that happens I believe ) and Australia batting under leaden skies so often.
Glad to get outa there with the world champ trophy and ashes, go **** yourselves England.

It was interesting that Khawaja asked Wilson about the ball choice, and he replied- there was nothing else in the box.

That falls on Ranjan Madugalle. But then back to Wilison who could have said none of these are 36 overs old.

Interesting to note, that all of these guys may not be there next England tour:

Definitely Not:
Anderson
Broad
Woakes
Ali
Warner
Khawaja
Boland
Neser

Probably Not:
Bairstow
Stokes
Wood
Their injured spinner, forgot his name
Lyon
Marsh
Starc
Hazlewood

Maybe Not:
Root
Smith
Carey
Cummins

Some massive generational change coming for both sides but I feel England has a bit of a head start with Brook, Duckett, Tongue, Robinson (yuck), Foakes, Pope.

Australia just has Head, Labushagne, Green and Murphy. Time to start getting Morris, Richardson, Pucovski, Hardie, Inglis, Renshaw, Ward, Sutherland in / around the side. See if Jewell and M.Short back up last season as well because he could be a Warner-like replacement. Get Kellaway, Bartlett, Wyllie, Davies, Fraser-McGurk, Neill-Smith, Perry, Salzmann, T.Sangha on a pathway around the side (not in).

I think this summer alone Warner and Khawaja will retire and maybe Lyon / Hazlewood.

IMG 1375

The real test for them will be when they travel to Australia because in recent times, they've copped a few hammerings here.

It was interesting that Khawaja asked Wilson about the ball choice, and he replied- there was nothing else in the box.

That falls on Ranjan Madugalle. But then back to Wilison who could have said none of these are 36 overs old.
I'm 87% convinced that Joel Wilson is legally blind

We must remember that tactic next time we play. Just have a box of brand new balls… “sorry guys, that’s all we got, my hands are tied”

Season 5 Idk GIF by Paramount+

It is interesting. It opens up a lot of questions about that process.
Who selects the balls that go in the box. What criteria is used to select the balls. Are the the same amount if overs old etc
I'm sure this will be put yonder the microscope in the coming weeks. A little too late for us though.
It changed that game without a doubt, although at 3 for 260 we probably should have made a better fist of the chase from there.

It is interesting. It opens up a lot of questions about that process.
Who selects the balls that go in the box. What criteria is used to select the balls. Are the the same amount if overs old etc
I'm sure this will be put yonder the microscope in the coming weeks. A little too late for us though.
It changed that game without a doubt, although at 3 for 260 we probably should have made a better fist of the chase from there.

I was thinking today why hasn’t this come up before? All the thousand of games changing the ball. I can’t remember this happening.

I was thinking today why hasn’t this come up before? All the thousand of games changing the ball. I can’t remember this happening.
Whenever I saw this occur in the past (in Australia albeit), they’d always bring a box of balls that were labelled, presumably with the number of overs they’d been used for…

The couple of times this happened during the Ashes series it looked like a game of lucky dip 🤷‍♂️

I was listening to Andy Bichel today and he said they only use balls that have been used in the current series, because they are Duke balls made for test cricket. This is why there were so few to choose from. Seems like a silly system to me.
Pretty sure that was the gist of it.

It is what it is but a ball change should not decide a test match and this one clearly did, imagine if this was the actual series decider. Clearly something in the system needs changing.

Stokes has been copping it .. being called a hypocrite.

we all remember him claiming that he would not have appealed the Bairstow run out if he was the fielding captain.

well, when he dropped Smith, he's called for the DRS (even though it's obvious he knew it was dropped)

Stokes has been copping it .. being called a hypocrite.

we all remember him claiming that he would not have appealed the Bairstow run out if he was the fielding captain.

well, when he dropped Smith, he's called for the DRS (even though it's obvious he knew it was dropped)

In this sport if there's ever a side of your integrity as a player that is flawed, it usually gets found out. Their captain and coach have been shown up.

Rumours the poms refused drinks after the game.

if true that’s appalling. A new level of bitterness and petulance that’s embarrassing for English cricket and their fans.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Griffo
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • johnyE
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fatboy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • HarryAllan7
  • Cavalo
  • Broncosgirl
  • thenry
  • Bish
  • Swordfish
  • Justwin
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.