NEWS Xavier Coates: why I chose the Storm over the Broncos

Melbourne won't make him a better player. They will make him in to a simplified cog in their system that relies on all the other cogs. They will make him excellent in a few key facets related to being that cog, but he will not be a more "complete" or "better" player.

Hopefully Donuts would've taken a leaf from Melbourne's Moneyball strategy and implemented it at the Broncs.

Nothing but an ungrateful judas
Chose to get out when the tough is going. **** the ****. He should be black marked from the club like Fifita
I hope he barely makes it onto the field his whole career and is riddled with injuries

I moved to Melbourne from Brisbane for work in 2019. And as vibrant and exciting the city is on the weekends, I’d never have thought how much I could miss a city. From avoiding syringes on my walk from Flinders to Collins, to the smell of Elizabeth street.

Brisbane is F***ing glorious. He will work that out.

Props to him, but for us, I hope he fixes that defence, runs riot for QLD and comes back a complete player.
I live in Melbourne for the past number of years and it's dark winters down here. There's a particular time of the year (around the end of daylight savings), every year, when the city just flips. You see it in people's faces. It's almost like a clinical depression en masse. It's why Melbournites, like no other people I've ever met, take an obsessive interest in the weather. They are praying for sunshine every chance they get.

He's gonna do it real tuff in his first year down here I think. He takes me as not your typical footy player. Seems to have a gentle soul/sensitive. Those types can do it tuff when things get gloomy. They're equally as vibrant when things are upbeat. Time will tell.

I live in Melbourne for the past number of years and it's dark winters down here. There's a particular time of the year (around the end of daylight savings), every year, when the city just flips. You see it in people's faces. It's almost like a clinical depression en masse. It's why Melbournites, like no other people I've ever met, take an obsessive interest in the weather. They are praying for sunshine every chance they get.

He's gonna do it real tuff in his first year down here I think. He takes me as not your typical footy player. Seems to have a gentle soul/sensitive. Those types can do it tuff when things get gloomy. They're equally as vibrant when things are upbeat. Time will tell.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s 5 - 14 but the bluest sky you’ve seen, “it’s a CrAcKeR” they say. Nothing like that wind down the streets. The rotting London Flame tree leaves to the face. The tram drivers rage pressing the bell. CYCLISTS. Militant vegans and their marches on Fridays. Each to their own. These are the things that will get to his jovial nature.

I don’t think Brisbane will drop below 20 during the day in winter.

I cannot wait until the storm go through their inevitable horror period (what we're experiencing rn), whenever that may be.
library satisfaction GIF by University of Alaska Fairbanks

I cannot wait until the storm go through their inevitable horror period (what we're experiencing rn), whenever that may be.

Exactly what most of the comp have said about us since we joined, that's why they're loving it so much.

Having said that, the NRL need to prop up the Storm whereas they know we'll succeed regardless, so when it happens don't expect even half the vitriol which has been directed towards us from the media. It'll be more like when the Cows/Titans/Wests are making shit decisions and serving up shit on the field, crickets.

For those of us who are waiting for the Storm to fail I have some bad news for you. In order for TV ratings to continue to stablilise and (for the wishes of the NRL, Fox and the TV stations) eventually increase Melbourne/Victoria needs to remain a viable market that has plenty of room for the TV audience to grow. For this to happen the Storm need to remain at the top of the table and be competing every year for a spot in the GF. If anyone thinks this situation is not happening already through edicts directed to the officials running the game and will continue to happen through special 'treatment' by the officials in charge of the game they've seriously misunderstood the whole nature of the 'game'.

Alternatively, if we look at how successful the Storm have been over the last twenty years you really have to wonder why the salary cap only seems to be working in favour of them staying at the top?

He could have clinical depression diagnosed by 3 independent doctors and the Storm wouldn't let him leave his contract early.
Yes trying to depart the Storm when "you" want to is almost like a life sentence - just ask JAC how hard and the Cheese as well.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Manlyman
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
  • Rambstien
  • Manofoneway
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • Lostboy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.