Your History with Broncos Grand Finals

Only really remember 06 and 15 too young for the other ones.

Watched 2006 from my parents house, thought I would go back there in 2015 for good luck………turns out I was wrong

92. I was a couple of months shy of my 14th Birthday. My girlfriend’s parents were having a bbq for the footy. Got my 1st bj that day & 2 lifelong loves are born.
93. Same venue no bj 😡 and whilst one passion is waning, my love for the Broncos remains strong.
97 I know I watched it somewhere, drunk, high having a fat time 😎. Thinking back on it, think I watched it at home with my dad.
98. Watched it at a share house I was in with 4 of my best mates. Made a weekend out of it, had heaps of people crashing at our place etc Can’t remember too much of the game, I took mushrooms that morning. Fun fact, we had a party on the Friday night where the girl from 92 hooked up with my cousin, now her husband.
00. Got nothing, probably watched it at a mates house or something
06 watched at a tipping comp GF function. We went to catch a cab to broncos leagues club at 1am (3 hour trip) so we could be there when they got home. Taxi driver wouldn’t let us drink in the car so we went back to a mates house and kept on partying. Easy top 5 drunkest I’ve ever been.
15 what GF
23. If we win, I’m going on a 3 week bender.
Haha, **** yeah. 92 sounds like the best of the lot!

My folks weren’t really into rugby league - my mum used to hate it because it was “violent” and my dad was a bit ambivalent about the Broncos (he’s from Sydney). He took us to a couple of games in the early 90s and we always watched Origin tho that gave us a taste for it.
Anyway the first GF I remember watching live was the 97 one, my Brother and I snuck it on when mum went to bed (dad was working away at the time so she ruled the roost). Was the best thing ever and I certainly never missed another one.

2000 was weird because it was in August. The memory always confuses me because it was one of my besties bday and we had to watch it at her party. She was going to marry Darren Lockyer.

2006 was the best one for me, I joined BHQ straight after it because I wanted to celebrate the next one with a bunch of like minded die hard fans…………😐

My love of the Broncos was born in the very early nineties, and was definitely fired by those back-to-back premiership years. I don't have many memories before that - one of going to Lang Park during an Origin series to watch us get beat by Souths, I think - but I have fond memories of '92 and '93. I was eleven and twelve those years, and I think some of my memories have been conflated a little. I watched both grand finals at my aunt's house on the Sunshine Coast. I want to say we drove back home and then trained it in to the city for a reception for the team at City Hall both years, but maybe it was just'93? I remember Jim Soorley wearing yellow pants, and I'm certain that I remember Alfie's 'St George can't play' chant, but a quick Google tells me that happened at Red Hill, so maybe I've Mandellaed myself there. My mum still complains about having to pay for a taxi home because the trains had stopped. We did go to the ticker tape parade later, where one of the sporty little convertibles drove over my foot as I was trying to get an autograph. Can't remember who that was, got a few autographs that day. I'll dig them out if I can find them.

The '97 final being in Brissy was too good an opportunity to miss, and me and my sister went. Probably the only GF I'll ever get to. Great win. Got smacked in the face with a beach ball.

The '98 and '00 GFs I'd have watched at home with my mum and dad. Fond memories of both - my favourite Broncos teams were throughout that era. 2000 was particularly sweet as we'd looked so shaky in '99, Alf had retired, Kev was near the end, Webby played with the broken arm, we beat Freddy's team. Just real satisfying stuff.

In '06 I'd moved out and I watched it alone, since my wife (although she wasn't at that point) has no interest in sport. Tense game, I ended up flat on the floor at the end, just so relieved we'd won.

'15 - ended up on the floor again, for a different reason...

Hi all, my two cents worth.

I was at uni in 1992 for the first one (I had a delayed start to uni by a few years). I had a significant and ultimately career defining event on the thursday or friday night and then flew out to Sydney with one of my brothers, his wife and my nephew. So I was there live for the first ever win by the Broncs, what a game, what an atmosphere. I remember being at the airport coming home and watching Mick Hancock having a blue with his partner.

'93 - again I attended, another special day. That year marked the end of uni

'97 - My rents and I had season tickets for the years they were at QEII, they were away overseas for the GF, so I took a couple of mates to witness a great win over Cronulla.

`98 - I paid for mum and dad and myself to attend the GF and stay in Sydney as a thank you for all of the support they had provided me. Great atmosphere with the Doggies fans, at least in my section it was a very good natured crowd. What a team that was. This was the last GF I attended live.

2000 - watched it at home with my housemates and a couple of friends.

2006 - Watched it at home with my wife.

2015 - was league even played this year?

2023 - Repeat 2006, we will be watching at home with the dogs.

2006 myself and @Black Philip watched it, then walked to the 7/11 to get Slurpees.

2015 myself and @Black Philip went to the GF and I'd rather not discuss that any further, except I hurt my foot when I kicked an immovable object (A concrete football stadium).

Before the game I was recognised by someone from here. Kinda famous 😎

I must have had nearly a carton of XXXX bitter that night in 2006. I woke up about 2 am propped up against the bedroom wall with one hand in a bucket of KFC and the other hand still clutching my stubby.

I'm doing much better these days.

I have an absolutely awful memory... I started following in '91 at age 11.

1992 - no memory of watching this live at all.
1993 - this one is a core memory for me because I had to watch the game on mute as a punishment from my dickhead stepdad for being rude to my mum, or something along those lines.
1997 & 1998 - wasn't able to watch either of these, I wanna say they weren't screened free to air down here? I could be wrong but that seems like it might have been the reason. I caught occasional games that my mates had taped otherwise I had to listen to the radio calls and I read RLW religiously to keep up with everything.
2000 - watched this one live at the local leagues club with about six other people, none of whom cared nearly as much as I did lol.
2006 - watched at home with my partner at the time, 2 days shy of my 27th birthday.
2015 - the day after my 36th birthday. Watched this one at home with my partner as well, to this day I've never watched that final kick go over, I saw it was going and so the telly went off and I had shot off for a jog around the block to let off some steam. Don't think I slept that night and still had to get up early for work the next morning.
2023 - once again 2 days shy of my birthday, this time my 44th. Several months ago my son brought us tickets to a music festival with his first pay from his first job and up until a couple of weeks ago I thought it was on Saturday, but it's on bloody Sunday and the headline artist clashes with kick off lol. My son's not into footy but he knows how much this means to me so I'll be leaving that early to head into the city and watch with my partner at one of our better sports bars down on the Auckland waterfront.

I must have had nearly a carton of XXXX bitter that night in 2006. I woke up about 2 am propped up against the bedroom wall with one hand in a bucket of KFC and the other hand still clutching my stubby.

I'm doing much better these days.

And all of the bottle caps in the old girl's pot-pourri.

2023 - once again 2 days shy of my birthday, this time my 44th. Several months ago my son brought us tickets to a music festival with his first pay from his first job and up until a couple of weeks ago I thought it was on Saturday, but it's on bloody Sunday and the headline artist clashes with kick off lol. My son's not into footy but he knows how much this means to me so I'll be leaving that early to head into the city and watch with my partner at one of our better sports bars down on the Auckland waterfront.
Looks like you're missing Skrillex; just jump on to dial up internet when you get home for a similar experience.

92&93 wasn't born yet
97 I was only 9 months old so I don't remember much same with 98. 00 I was 3 nearly 4 the broncos weren't on my radar. 2006 I watched that match. 2015. I watched that I was devastated 💔. 2023 I am definitely watching it with Rosie Yes even though she is cat I feel calm when she is with me while watching a broncos grand final

I was in Timor for 2006 win, no internet, didn’t know we won for ages!

It’s been sooooo long since I’ve physically witnessed a gf win.

2015 was in Vancouver watching it by myself, very long and lonely walk home past people shooting up in the streets. Was a real FML moment 😂
lol, you should always avoid East Hastings and Main late at night.

92, 93 will always be my favourites tbh. The city was abuzz and I was just the right age to be taken in by it all. I've said it numerous times on here, but The Courier Mail was on board with everything and there were coupons for stuff for GF day. I can't remember the exact details but there was a hot dog and a slurpee involved from the 7-11. Watched the game and we made the trek over to Red Hill to welcome the boys home. Hoarse throats from screaming as they got there. Same deal in 93 but just not quite as special.

97, 98....my life is pretty fuzzy around this time if I'm honest. I could legally drink alcohol and I took full advantage. 97 I recall watching at a mates house and 98 at City Rowers, but was far more interested in the ladies than the game if I'm honest.

2000 I watched again with the family and we made the trek out to Red Hill to welcome the boys back. A highlight, was a mate having a spew and a couple of minutes later, someone standing in it. "Oi mate, you're standing in me chunder" word for word, exactly what he said. Good times.

2006 I watched at my Sisters house and nothing of note really happened but this was the game that really got me back in to league. We were just such heavy underdogs. Was glorious. The cherry on top was finding out years later that the flogs were over the cap.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  • Spike
  • Rowdy124
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.