Your NSW Team

1432138328.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really care whether we elbow, knee or punch them as long as we win. I loved SOO when gomersall was refereeing. Gave NSW so much to whinge about

If I had the time, I would create a video of all the dirty things NSW have done in the past decade to try and beat QLD.

But by the time I would be done, Origin would be over.

I don't really care whether we elbow, knee or punch them as long as we win. I loved SOO when gomersall was refereeing. Gave NSW so much to whinge about

Reminds me of a try the blues were disallowed in the 1985 series, they blamed gommersall for it yet it was the touch judge who made the decision on the player going into touch, just add it to a long list of whinging the blues are famous for.

Here's another from 5 years ago.

Not much has changed from then.....

The commentators always comment on how great it is when the ref puts his whistle away during Origin games and let's everything go but that really only benefits the NSW grubs. I like how Broncoman does a Ben Creagh and throws one comment out and runs away. Where's your rebuttal :P

BLUES prop Aaron Woods is a record-breaker for all the wrong reasons and the man who could be Laurie Daley’s weakest link.
The Courier-Mail has obtained damning Fox Sports Stats on Woods that show he averages the fewest metres of any prop in Blues history.
With Queensland sporting the game’s premier prop in Matt Scott, Woods must reverse his poor Origin form for NSW to keep the shield.
Forget the hype around Mitchell Pearce’s shocking Origin record, Woods is really the man who needs to prove his worth in the game’s greatest arena.

Picking Woods to start could become Daley’s downfall this year, the decision that sees Queensland win back Origin supremacy.
The Fox Sports Stats on Woods show he averages just 51 metres per Origin, the lowest average of any starting prop ever coloured blue.

Queenslander Scott doubles Woods’s running metres at Origin level.
Woods has started all five of his Origin games since debuting in Game Two 2013.

His 51m average is the second worst in the history of both NSW and Queensland.
Only former Canberra premiership winner and Queensland forward Steve Jackson has averaged fewer metres as a starting prop.
Jackson played nine games for Queensland from 1990-1993, five starting, for a career average of 36m.

Woods has become a mainstay of Blues and Kangaroos teams because of his excellent NRL form.
This year he averages 186m for the Wests Tigers, a fantastic effort.
Yet, his numbers drop by more than a third when he pulls on a blue jersey.
His minutes do drop at Origin level, from 59 to 31 but that is partially because his output wanes quickly.

Woods has also busted just one tackle in five Origins. In the NRL this year alone he’s busted 14 tackles.
Queensland’s starting props for this series are Scott and Nate Myles who average 103 and 96 metres per game.
Both the Maroons props also make significantly more tackles per game.
Is Woods’s selection the biggest mistake by the Blues or will he be able to reverse his poor form at Origin level?
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...link-in-game-one/story-fnia3gmj-1227362584642

The reaction to Mitchell Pearce's selection....

:laugh:

Wouldn't shock me if they brought in Moylan to Fullback, Dugan to the wing and Hopoate develops a "Mystery Injury" a day before the game.

Wouldn't shock me if they brought in Moylan to Fullback, Dugan to the wing and Hopoate develops a "Mystery Injury" a day before the game.

Bloody hell, I'd be doing cartwheels if they did that!

Why? Moylan would actually give make their attack sort of relevant, even if he doesn't quite match Dugan in other areas. And with their halves, that's pretty much the most important thing.

Dugan on the wing got massively found out in the test though....

Active Now

• Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • Lostboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • Gaz
  • davidp
  • Browny
  • MrMoore
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  • jarro65
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.