Your QLD team

I'd say it'd be G.I to fullback, Chambers to left centre, Gagai to right wing

Billy Slater in doubt for clash after failing to train due to shoulder injury

QLD say it's only precautionary. I really hope he's fine 'cause I don't particularly rate GI at fullback unless he's in shit hot form.

Can Morgan play wing or will Mal call up someone else if Slater is out?

Wait, can you clarify ? Do you mean in the rep arena, or in general ?
IMO in general ( being the NRL ) he's one of the top fullbacks in the game, granted he's still behind the likes of Slater, but there aren't many fullbacks better than GI.

Even if he did play like a potato in the Anzac test he's still up there.

Wait, can you clarify ? Do you mean in the rep arena, or in general ?
IMO in general ( being the NRL ) he's one of the top fullbacks in the game, granted he's still behind the likes of Slater, but there aren't many fullbacks better than GI.

Even if he did play like a potato in the Anzac test he's still up there.

I can't really pull myself out of this one lol I'm gonna get hammered

GI is a good fullback, I guess I'm going off the back of the ANZAC test (he played dog shit) and I think he has been through a few purple patches of form at the back which has made him look exceptional (not unlike Hayne IMO) but he's not in that groove all the time whereas I see the likes of Slater as much more consistent. Upon review of my comments it's a dumb statement since there isn't really another option and GI should definitely be #1 in Slaters absence.

But lets hope Slater is fit and good to go.

Worthy to mention GI has been playing all season behind a busted arse Souths outfit as well.

Also note worthy, the Storm are at the top of the ladder and Slater is getting free time and playing well......

GI is my number one....Slater fit or not.

Worthy to mention GI has been playing all season behind a busted arse Souths outfit as well.

Also note worthy, the Storm are at the top of the ladder and Slater is getting free time and playing well......

GI is my number one....Slater fit or not.

Woah really? I know what I said was a fair way off the mark, but you would have GI at the back over a fully fit Slater?

Slater's combinations with Smith and Cronk are invaluable IMO, but I also think Slater is a better fullback. That being said GI can bust a game wide open on his own like few players can.

If Slater is out, GI to fullback and I hope upon hope they bring in Oates!

As for Morgan, he'll go well. I am probably one of the few who rates what he can bring to the team and think not having DCE there is actually good for the team at this point in time.

The only reason I feel Slater still gets picked back there is due to his combinations with Cronk and Smith. I think GI is the better FB, but he goes missing too often to get ahead of Slater at the moment.

In saying that. I don't think Slater demands as much cream as he gets now days. He's getting on a bit. Also, I really don't like him, the way he jumps to take the ball with his scum Bellamy trained feet ready to collect faces really pisses me off.

I think Slater used to be a lot grubbier than he is now. I used to absolutely hate him. He's still got a few dog shots in him though.

I'm glad they picked Morgan, if you want a utility then he was the stand out choice because he covers every position in the backline and is big enough to play backrow and is in form. With the concussion rules we have IMO it makes a lot more sense now to pick a utility.

Unlike some of you I do rate him, he has stepped up impressively over the last season and a half and has transitioned nicely from fullback to five eight this year, something that usually takes much longer to do. I'm not comparing him to Locky by any means, simply pointing out that he is handling everything easily. At 23 he is in his 5th year of NRL with 67 games under his belt is big and fast, I just can't see the down side unless he shits the bed and doesn't handle the big stage which we won't know until next week.

NSW are very exposed to any backline or hooker injury and may well regret not picking Lewis

Every year.......

Is there a centre available for QLD that will do a better job than Inglis? I don't think so, therefore...

1. Slater
3. Inglis

is better than

1. Inglis
3. any other ****.

Gagai has been called in to camp as cover while Slater has until Saturday to prove his fitness. Gagai missing will be good for the Broncs at least.

BREAKING NEWS

Lachlan Maranta called into XXXX Maroons camp to cover injured fullback Billy Slater.

And the games begin..

Gagai isn't playing for QLD. Which is unfortunate in a way. Knights would lose an attacking weapon.

Last edited:
And the games begin..

Gagai isn't playing for QLD. Which is unfortunate in a way. Knights would lose an attacking weapon.

You know something we dont or just guessing? Im hoping you are right and slater is good to go, but him pulling out of the test match with the same injury is concerning.

You know something we dont or just guessing? Im hoping you are right and slater is good to go, but him pulling out of the test match with the same injury is concerning.

Taking a guess.

This happens often in the build up to the games. A star player has an injury or he is feeling unwell and he is chance of missing the game.. Then he recovers just in time.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • BroncoFan94
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Rambstien
  • NSW stables
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncorob
  • Fozz
  • Manofoneway
  • leon.bott
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.