10/11 Football Thead

We have Brum first up at home. I'll take that.

predictions:

Champions League: Barca
Europa: Ajax
La Liga: Barca
Serie A: Inter
Premier League: Chelsea
Bundesliga: Bayern Munich
Eredivise: Ajax
Ligue 1: Lyon
Asian Cup: Australia

Chelsea will win again. And Barca will go almost untouched.

Really looking forward to the new season. We've got Cristian Riveros signed up (he has looked the goods for Paraguay, right colours too :P) and we're close to getting Marcos Angeleri, a full back from Estudiantes. Not that I or anyone else knows who the **** that is, but hopefully he's useful. I'm hoping Bruce buys John Mensah too, he has looked great for Ghana, it's just a shame he seems so injury prone.

Both John Mensah's look like very good players, the older fella has been very good for a long while now while the kid looks very composed in a World Cup at 19.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/wor...million-on-fernando-torres-20100706-zy8m.html

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has flown to South Africa to try to secure the signing of Fernando Torres for a British-record £50 million ($90 million).

The extraordinary fee still falls short of Liverpool's £70 million valuation of their prize asset in what is set to be a summer of turmoil at Anfield. Javier Mascherano is also understood to be adamant that he wants to leave and Steven Gerrard is still attracting very strong interest from Real Madrid.

lol. awesome.

Yawn.

That is a poor article.

I thought you hated football jeza? Not trying to be a douche, just wondering why you still take some interest?

If Liverpool lose Mascherano, Gerrard and Torres I see them definitely becoming a mid table team. The most interesting thing about it IMO will be if pool keep sliding whether the mass amounts of Liverpool glory hunters the world over jump off the bandwagon or stick with them (before anyone gets sand in their vagina I'm not talking about anyone here specifically, but you all know there are plenty out there). I remember there being a lot more vocal Leeds supporters before they crashed and burned.

I think everyone in the football world (our own supporters included) are getting ahead of themselves when talking about the so called 'demise' of Liverpool. I've seen it on the football forums I've visited, some people have lost it, they reckon we're set to fall into oblivion or some shit.

We'll probably sell Mascherano, which is fair enough because he's been whinging about wanting to leave for a whole season. Gerrard and Torres, well I think they'll still be here come September.

The press have no idea what's going on, they're just producing their usual scaremongering, overly dramatic crap, to appease readers.

Liverpool are far from 'falling apart', what a truly misinformed comment.

We'll continue to struggle whilst we're under the ownership of those two *****, but I don't see us suffering the way everyone's predicting.

Everyone can keep on kicking us while we're down, we'll rise again.

Note my careful placement of words such as 'if' ning [icon_wink

I'm not saying they will head the way of Leeds, I'm just wondering if they do, whether there will be an exodus of plastic reds.

It's not as if the Liverpool situation is really that bad anyway. It could be so much worse, like Leeds as I have mentioned before and look at Portsmouth too.

Scotty said:
I thought you hated football jeza? Not trying to be a douche, just wondering why you still take some interest?

If Liverpool lose Mascherano, Gerrard and Torres I see them definitely becoming a mid table team. The most interesting thing about it IMO will be if pool keep sliding whether the mass amounts of Liverpool glory hunters the world over jump off the bandwagon or stick with them (before anyone gets sand in their vagina I'm not talking about anyone here specifically, but you all know there are plenty out there). I remember there being a lot more vocal Leeds supporters before they crashed and burned.

I dont take an interest as such, its more of a thing that I see the EPL stuff mentioned on foxsports news (channel 513 lolz) quite often when I am watching it for another reason.

I also guess its not the game that I hate, it some of the people that play it. Cant stand divers and such.....might watch it otherwise

just some Barca forum that i look at

The kid palming off Gerrard is awesome. Love that little fella.

haha **** this is ruining it for me too, should i just delete the gifs?

Active Now

• Allo
  • Rambstien
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • leish107
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Tmac
  • davidp
  • azza.79
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • MrMoore
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.