1992 Grand Final..Brisbane versus St George

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
This was my ticket on that great day....it cost me 150 dollars from a scalper ! When I arrived at the ground there were people selling their tickets at face value and couldn't get takers !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 109
Most of the contributors on this site weren't even born in 1992 and therefore lack the appreciation of what a great day it was. I wasn't at the game like u were CP but I spent it at the Broncos Leagues Club (also in 93) and it was something I will never forget despite my severe drunken state. The game of RL changed that day and the Broncos put themselves on the map forever with that dominant performance.

I like to think the youngest poster here would understand, there is afterall only one first premiership ! Great to hear you had a big day out as well. My mate and I were pretty much able to get to sit in good spots as there were lots of empty spaces. Three of the Broncs trys were scored almost directly in front of us but unfortunately there really weren't that many places for us to celebrate the win at. We did our best all the same. Never forget that day ! Well at least till the Alzheimer's kicks in !

Great thread. It wan an outstanding day. WB, the team and the whole club dared to dream, chose the impossible and delivered. For me, 1993 was even sweeter to go back to back.

Most of the contributors on this site weren't even born in 1992 and therefore lack the appreciation of what a great day it was.

Yeah, because someone wasn't around when it happened, they automatically can't fathom the importance of an event. I guess most of us on here don't understand why Hitler was a bad guy either, eh?

I was two years old, but that doesn't mean I don't understand and appreciate the meaning of that victory. It's entirely unfair to write people off just because they weren't around to see it.

Pffft. Kids today.

The thing I remember most about it was Brumbys had Bronco bread...pull apart loaf with maroon and gold pieces. LOL. The whole state was just obsessed with that Grand Final. It was incredible.

i was 9 yr old and while having loosely watched the broncos & footy in general from the age of around 6 or 7 it was the 92 grand final that really pulled me in as a broncs fan.

i was 9 yr old and while having loosely watched the broncos & footy in general from the age of around 6 or 7 it was the 92 grand final that really pulled me in as a broncs fan.

Ha, we have the same story NT :thumbup1: I was also a 9yo Broncos fan but it really sealed the deal for me as well. And '93. And the rest lol...I remember the glory days of the 90's very, very well.

I get goosebumps every time I hear Tina Turner!!!

In a 79 years that ticket will go on sale on eBay. Then I'll really cash in !

I still remember watching it live on TV.

Talk about goosebumps ..... :001_unsure:

The pearls try in that grand final is probably my favorite Broncos try I turn up the volume every time i see it replayed, the commentary from Rabs is epic. I have all the grand finals on DVD and watch them from time to time, I haven't watched this one for a while though. We were hot favorites to win that game, the 1st half was pretty tight but we just ran over the top of them halftime as Alfie and Alan Cann ran the show (Alf was the Clive Churchill medal winner).

My parents got married in 1992 and they lived in Red Hill just up the road from the Leagues club at the time and my mum is a Dragons fan!!!!.

I'd love to hear more stories about the state getting behind the Broncos. The Broncos 'bread' story is gold!

I was the same age as ningers and was probably dressed up in my Broncos Guernsey. I don't think any historical piece has really captured how important that day was for the club. That was validation for our balls out approach, for sticking with Bennett even when he decided to sack the King of Rugby League and even the sacrifice of the BRL which wasn't the same again. The Broncos GF win proved that a Queensland team could not only rough it with the best but even set the pace.

We were a marvelous team to watch back then. When we finally get access to watch those old games I implore you all to at least watch the odd win and see how exciting we were back then. We were a damn cocky club, but we deserved to be.

The memories of that game & memories of getting the tickets back then.

I got the GF tickets from Myer Pacific Fair.

You earnt the tickets the hard way.

We had to camp outside Myer & early in the morning they issued you with a ticket to buy them.

My dad & myself were tickets 1 & 2. And you could only get 2 tickets person back then.

After the game, I had to fly back to the Gold Coast that night.

When I checked in, I decided to go to Macca's & to my delight the players were there having a snack. whoo hooo. (trust me, not having my camera with me)

I asked if I could get on their plane & they laughed & said NO. :sad: (I didn't care that they were going to Brisbane)

@ Compound Fracture: What did Ray Hadley have to say on the radio after the game after saying we wouldn't win it?

Funny, he was quiet about his earlier predictions ! I'd actually called the station in the weeks leading up to the game trying to defend the Broncs honour but in typical arrogant fashion he cut me off every time, after all he had the button. To be honest I dont remember listening to Hadley much after if at all. I didn't care because winners are grinners etc ! Wish I could find the old cassette tape as I remember recording the conversation I had with Hadley because I am sure I had it somewhere. Long time ago so probably lost.

Actually I waited for hours to buy the tickets at some shopping centre in Sydney . They'd released some shit tickets(obstructed view) and I was about 7/8 away from the counter when sales started. As I breasted the counter the lady said ,sorry all sold out. I'd noticed the kid in front had bought 15 tickets so I chased after him and offered him 300 for two. Although reluctant he gave them to me, little did I expect to find them on sale at the game. The scalpers were unhappy as they'd listened to Hadley and co expecting St George, Newcastle or Illawarra to be in the GF, when the Broncs got into the decider they were left with no customers !

Active Now

• Dash
  • bazza
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Ondi
  • Broncosgirl
  • phoenix
  • Broncs1459
  • BroncosAlways
  • leon.bott
  • KnToad
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • kman
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.