2008 Broncos Highlights

Sam Thaiday was a highlight for me this year, how many tries did he score close to the line plowing through players? And the fact that we actually keep him next year (provided he doesn't go to prison). He was outstanding.

Wallace was great, thought he was our motm on Saturday night. He's a superstar of the future, and i really hope the dropkick NSW selectors stick with Pearce (LOL!)

I also liked watching Steve Michaels before he snapped his knee, if you recall he's the toughest little guy going round. The way he set up that length of the field try for the Broncos against the Titans. Golden.

Karmichael Hunt's pick-up against the Knights was excellent too!

Lots of good stuff by some of the players we're keeping.

I agree, Thaiday was our best forward (along with Ennis) all year.

Wallace seems to have just quietly slipped into the team and fits in so well it feels like he's been there for years. Maybe people just forget he's new [icon_shru

I was not happy with Wallace on Saturday. I felt when we needed him most, he went missing.

DARREN LOCKYER at fulltime kick to Kemp to win the match versus the Eels.
DARREN LOCKYER at fulltime kick to Kemp after the game was already won versus Canberra
DARREN LOCKYER getting ready to kick a field goal, seeing the rushing defence, running and passing to Joel Moon seconds before fulltime versus I can't remember who.

Also a few tries early on in the season, especially the length of the field try involving Steve Michaels come to mind.

Alec said:
DARREN LOCKYER getting ready to kick a field goal, seeing the rushing defence, running and passing to Joel Moon seconds before fulltime versus I can't remember who.

Greg Eastwood I think. Yeah it was good... very crafty icon_thumbs_u

Yeah, that'd be Greg Eastwood vs the Titans, I believe. Man, I'm going to miss Eastwood. I love that tubby bastard.

Darren Lockyer doing a centimetre perfect kick to Denan Kemp to win the match against the Eels

Win vs Parra - amazing.
Win vs Titans - amazing.
Belting the Cows earlier this year - sensational!

Loved seeing Greg Eastwood start to realise his potential and unleash the mongrel. Sad to see him go.

Loved seeing Nick Kenny break out of the shadows a bit and play some consistent footy. He's primed for a big one in '08 and IMO he will be close to our player of the year.

Denan Kemp finally getting the recognition and first grade spot he has deserved for quite a while, and backing up to score a motza of tries. Great to see many people here get off my back when I praised the kid too, with some of the most delusional still branding him a "nuffy" around three months ago. Morons. We'll miss ya, Kempy.

Darren Lockyer coming back from a knee recon as good as ever. Cool as penguin snot under pressure.

Holding Melbourne tryless for 40 minutes in the last game of the season...especially when 25 minutes of that was spent in our own half.

Easily the greatest defensive effort of the last 2 seasons.

Denan Kemp

/thread

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Lockyer & Kemp sink Parra after the siren
- Length of the field special vs Titans @ Robina
- Keeping Nth Qld tryless in rd 3. We had a couple of late withdrawls and the Cows were expected to win that. That was probably our best team effort of the year.

Also must credit TC's defence all year. He was brutal as always.

- Basically any of Kemp's numerous tries
- Parra win
- Titans win
- Thaiday & Wallaces performances, particularly Origin 1 for Wally. How he didnt get MOTM I will not know.
- Draw against Penrith at Penrith with a nuffy team due to origin and suspension, this wouldnt rate a mention for most other people but we really needed to get points (or a point in this case) from games without origin stars

mrslong said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP9_nWfbPSE&feature=related

Why did archer go to the video ref for?

my monitor no longer has sound

For the possible taking out of Nathan Friend by Michael Ennis. Nothing in it.

Though there was a worse one later in the same game that could easily have been penalised for.

I think I was still in Thailand for that game - did we win it?

Yes, absolutely flogged them.

Just like we absolutely flogged the Storm. In fact, by the exact same margin!

-2 :P

Active Now

• Santa
  • Kev_Guz
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • johnny plath
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Harry Sack
  • Browny
  • Clintos
  • Midean
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • leon.bott
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.