2009/10 NBA Season

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
As a long suffering Cleveland fan forever hopeful that I will live long enough to see a championship in any sport I thought I'd start this thread to see if anyone was following the NBA as closely as I am this season.

The All-Star break is behind us and with the trade deadline two days away we are moving into the most exciting part of the season - especially with my beloved Cavs having the best record in the NBA and trying to make a move for Amar'e Stoudamire to add another All-Star to the mix before the playoffs.

So, anyone have any thoughts on who's going to win it all this year? No prizes for guessing what I think....or is that hope?? [icon_pray.

Dont. F***. It. Up.

There's the only hope I can give a cavs fan.

The Cavs are looking super sharp, moreso than my Celts. Horrid at the moment.

But if the Cavs let James go to FA, they're screwed.

The Celts thought they had a three year window with "The Big Three" but with Garnett being a shadow of his former self and Rasheed Wallace basically being old and fat I think it turned into a 2 year window and they are done.

Please don't mention LeBron's upcoming free agency...I try not to think about it

At least Paul Pierce is still gun. Garnett's knees are too hammered.

BTW, James in a Knicks uniform. GREAT look. Hahaha.

No way he goes to New York. He's spent 6 years with the Cavs getting them into a championship caliber team. If he goes he's not going to a team that would have to start over again like the Knicks - Miami is the team that scares me if they make a move to clear enough salary to keep Wade and offer LeBron a max deal.

Looks like the Cavs have made their move getting Antawn Jamison from the Wizards in a three-team trade also involving the Clippers. I like this one better than the proposed move for Stoudamire as we didn't have to give up JJ Hickson who looks like a great young prospect at power forward/centre.

Now if Washington waive Zyrdunas Ilguaskas so that we can re-sign him after 30 days that would be wunderbar! icon_thumbs_u [icon_pray.

Bad idea. If the Cavs trades for Stoudemire, and James still decides to leave, then Ferry may feel pressured to re-sign Stoudemire to appease an angry fan base, meaning the Cavs will be tied to a player with a long history of injuries who has yet to prove he can lead a team deep into the playoffs. Or, if they take Jamison and James bolts, they'll be stuck with a 33-year-old who has two years and $28 million left on his deal and also doesn't have the greatest playoff track record.

Did you just copy and paste that directly from ESPN or SI? I swear I just read that exact quote 10 minutes ago...

Well if the ESPN story is correct (and when they report trades they way they have reported this one they almost always are) then I like this trade for the Cavs. It adds that extra piece that we didn't have last year and additionally Leon Powe will be fit and ready to make his debut possibly tomorrow after missing the whole season to date so I'm quietly confident from here...

Pick up Stephen Marbury's Chinese contract while you're at it. I'm sure he's requested a trade from there too.

STARBURY!!! i like that nickname.

pennywisealfie said:
STARBURY!!! i like that nickname.

He's such a fkwit. Ashamed that Boston signed him, if only for half a season.

He's too busy flogging his shoes over there to come back like anyone would want him

... Well we offered him a One-Year contract on Veteran's minimum.

HAH THE BOSTON CELULITES!!!

get it, coz they are old....

Nevermind.

I actually go for Boston. I'm just fucking around

Active Now

• scobie
  • Fozz
  • Skyblues87
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • the_next
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.