2009/10 NBA Season

Further to my earlier post about the Cavs trying to set the world snuggie record in tomorrow's game against the Pistons here's a pic of what everyone will be wearing - now who wouldn't want one of these babies?!? icon_thumbs_u

27036_361785138277_69048043277_4792.jpg

fenomeno said:
Bogus **** rule, will definitely be fixed up during the CBA next year. In any case, the Cavs are the only team i worry about, they've swept us this year, Shaq worries Gasol and Bynum, but i still feel we'll get the best of em in a 7 game series. Nothing will be sweeter than seeing Queen James storming off the court after another ring for Kobe.

Bogus rule or not - here's the end result:

Zydrunas Ilgauskas has forgiven the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Feeling betrayed after he was traded last month, Ilgauskas wants to return to the only NBA team he has played for to help it win a championship.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4967018

Welcome back Big Z! [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

Great news especially with Shaq out for 6-8 weeks with a thumb injury - anything less than an appearance in the Finals would be disappointing from here

The east is tough, Celtics haven't played as well as everyone thought, but come finals time, they can beat anyone, Orlando can cause problems for Cleveland too. I'm being optimistic, hopefully they get knocked out, although i can't see that happening.

The NBA wants Kobe V Lebron in the finals, its a marketing dream.

Last year the Magic were a horrible matchup for the Cavs with Turkoglu (or however you spell it) and Dwight Howard. This year the Magic aren't the same team plus the Cavs have added Shaq, Jamison and JJ Hickson (who was injured for the playoffs last year). The Celtics have gone back a step too and I think in a 7 game series against Cleveland would do well to force Game 6.

I'm trying not to be too over-confident after getting disappointed last year but it's really really hard for me not to be right now...

Can't blame you for being confident, the Cavs are no doubt the best team in the league right now, and Lebron's the best player. But regular season won't mean much come playoff time, the Black Mamba and his team will elevate to another level.

Oh he'll be fit alright, he's got his shooting touch back the last 2 games as well, even the we lost both of em....but thats besides the point. He'll be fine. :P

Did anyoen see Bogut do his elbow [icon_ee

Poor bastard. He'll be out for a while.

Je$ter said:
Did anyoen see Bogut do his elbow [icon_ee

Poor bastard. He'll be out for a while.
He'll be lucky if he ever plays the same again. That's a career ending injury, potentially.

Hmm I duno about career ending. I mean, it's not a knee so I think that is a plus for him. It will be hard to bounce back mentally after having such an awesome season.

Je$ter said:
Hmm I duno about career ending. I mean, it's not a knee so I think that is a plus for him. It will be hard to bounce back mentally after having such an awesome season.

I heard he broke his hand, his wrist and dislocated his elbow. Incredibly tough to come back from.

Kobe's suffering from a few injuries, has been all season infact. The knee's the main problem at the moment, should be fine come April 18.

We beat the Wolves this morning, wasn't an achievement, but i'll take a win without Kobe. Need to get a better record than Orlando too, incase they make it past the Cavs, which i'm hoping they do.

I really need to get back into watching and Foxtel needs to show more matches.

draggx said:
I really need to get back into watching and Foxtel needs to show more matches.

I bought the International League Pass off the NBA website before the season began, great quality streams, can watch replays of every single game for upto 48 hours after the game is played. Worth it for a 100 odd bucks. Basketball coverage here stinks.

Ill have to look into that for next season. Have to check and see if the NHL has something similar.

So the regular season finished today leaving the following playoff matchups in the first round:

Eastern Conference

1. Cleveland v 8. Chicago
2. Orlando v 7. Charlotte
3. Atlanta v 6. Milwaukee
4. Boston v 5. Miami

Western Conference

1. LA Lakers v 8. Oklahoma City
2. Dallas v 7. San Antonio
3. Phoenix v 6. Portland
4. Denver v 5. Utah

Honestly the only upset I can see in the East is Miami possibly over Boston but in the West I think the Mavs-Spurs and Nuggets-Jazz series' could go either way. Even the Thunder might take a game or two from the Lakers.

GO YOU CAVS!!!

Boston will win against Miami, but good luck if they last longer. I'm praying they do.

LeBron James didn't smile or crack any jokes. This wasn't the time.

As his teammates finished shooting free throws after practice on Thursday night, Cleveland's superstar stood against a wall and fixed his eyes on an imaginary target moving closer by the minute.

The postseason has arrived, and with it another chance at an NBA championship.

"I am serious," James said about his sober demeanor. "This is the playoffs."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5096380

Hell yeah!!!

Don't get too excited yet Meat...remember last year...meh - who am I kidding???
I can feel it this year....go you good things!!! _woohoo_ _woohoo_ icon_thumbs_u

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Skyblues87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • theshed
  • johnny plath
  • bb_gun
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • Cavalo
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.